Documentary: Treads. Story of the armored bulldozer guy.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I remember seeing the footage of this guy who literally wrecked a whole small town with a large bulldozer he purchased. He was a highly skilled welder, and built around it walls of two plates of 1/2" steel, spaced 2 inches apart and poured concrete in between them. Making it an unstoppable battering ram.

This event happened one day before Ronald Reagan died, so the story just basically disappeared.
I knew the guy had a major beef with the town council and just went bananas and preceded to destroy the town to get back at them.
What I didn't know, was the guy recorded a series of cassette tapes telling his story. And.... the real deal... he believed God put him on this earth to make the people in the town pay for their wickedness.

Pretty good analogy, but not sure why he left out the "God wants me to do this" side of the story.
As it came closer to the day there were several instances where he almost got caught, but ended up not getting caught. He took that as a direct influence of God. In the tapes earlier, he literally states he wanted to get caught. But as time went on he more and more convinced himself he was literally doing God's work.

I watched it last night

The ultimate revenge, but the guy was nuts. Most of his grievances were his own fault

I watched it last night

The ultimate revenge, but the guy was nuts. Most of his grievances were his own fault
I think we all know "that guy". One of those dudes that takes everything personal. Every time something doesn't go their way it's because of some grand scheme against them. Match that with self grandeur, delusion and then top it off with believing you are ordained by God?? Yeah... it's going to get biblical.

Forum List

Back