Doctors Say Flu Cases Are the Lowest in Recorded History!

The state of Washington has no recorded flu deaths this flu season. The findings are consistent all over the world.

Anyone want to guess why this is? Odd that it would drop so dramatically isn't it? Has there been a miracle break through that we haven't heard about?
Yeah. MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCING, KICKED UP SANITARY MEASURES.
And almost double as many got the flu shot this year.

I just hope people don't start pushing for this every flu season once Covid is gone.

Don't we want a healthy society? Normally we have 80,000 flu deaths, we have saved 80000 lives. Isn't it a small price we pay to save others? It sounds like you are being selfish.
I think we have about 20,000+ flu deaths on average, not 80, 000 but of course that's good!

I can't breathe in a mask. I wear one, but it's hell and it seriously limits where I can go. Other than that, I'm okay with precautions.

The state of Washington has no recorded flu deaths this flu season. The findings are consistent all over the world.

Anyone want to guess why this is? Odd that it would drop so dramatically isn't it? Has there been a miracle break through that we haven't heard about?

I just hope people don't start pushing for this every flu season once Covid is gone.

Why do you think Covid will ever be "gone"? It's a viral respiratory infection, like all the other viral respiratory infections that have been with us for all of human history. Unless the government/media/tech response to Covid was motivated by something other than concern for public health, I expect what happened in 2020 to happen every year going forward. Don't you?
The Spanish Flu mutated and disappeared. Stopped killing people anyway. No reason I shouldn't hope Covid will go the same way, eventually.

Then why did Covid spike while Flu dropped?
It's way more contagious. And there was no vaccine.

Why do you think Covid will ever be "gone"? It's a viral respiratory infection, like all the other viral respiratory infections that have been with us for all of human history. Unless the government/media/tech response to Covid was motivated by something other than concern for public health, I expect what happened in 2020 to happen every year going forward. Don't you?
The Spanish Flu mutated and disappeared. Stopped killing people anyway. No reason I shouldn't hope Covid will go the same way, eventually.

The flu kills many, many people every year. Covid has already mutated many times, and it's still deadly. If government/media/tech react differently to it now, we'll know for sure it was never about public health.

The flu kills many, many people every year. Covid has already mutated many times, and it's still deadly. If government/media/tech react differently to it now, we'll know for sure it was never about public health.
It's always been about public health, and they're doing their level best to save us.

It's always been about public health, and they're doing their level best to save us.

Then you should expect 2021 to be the same as 2020 in terms of response to the virus. Anything less would be an admission that it was never about our health.

Then you should expect 2021 to be the same as 2020 in terms of response to the virus. Anything less would be an admission that it was never about our health.
Okey dokey, then.

...reporting flu and pneumonia deaths as Covid....

Okay, let's run the numbers:

Reported Flu Deaths over the last few years:
2019-2020: 22,000
2018-2019: 34,000
2017-2018: 61,000
2016-2017: 38,000
2015-2016: 23,000

Reported COVID Deaths:
2020-2021 so far: 511,000

So let's take the worst number of flu deaths (2017-2018) and subtract them ALL from the COVID deaths:
511,000- 61,000 =450,000.

So, 450,000 COVID deaths, at the very least. MAGA.

Source: Burden of Influenza.

Flu vaccine numbers for 2019 vs 2020 Linkie please.

Next week the dipshits on CNN and MSNBC will be saying how their great President, Joe Biden, has totally irradicated the flu and how they fell to their knees and wept when they heard the news. Fucking phonies.
They better develop a covid vaccine first because Trump didn't leave them one--Nope, he left them three of them and they were distributed to the states. Even with a plan, Biden is clueless.

If that`s what Qanon told you then it must be fact.

Its what common sense tells those of us who still have a brain looneytunes.

Okay, let's run the numbers:

Reported Flu Deaths over the last few years:
2019-2020: 22,000
2018-2019: 34,000
2017-2018: 61,000
2016-2017: 38,000
2015-2016: 23,000

Reported COVID Deaths:
2020-2021 so far: 511,000

So let's take the worst number of flu deaths (2017-2018) and subtract them ALL from the COVID deaths:
511,000- 61,000 =450,000.

So, 450,000 COVID deaths, at the very least. MAGA.

Source: Burden of Influenza.

It has nothing to do with what we have been talking about but feel free to feel better about yourself and report lots of numbers.

Next week the dipshits on CNN and MSNBC will be saying how their great President, Joe Biden, has totally irradicated the flu and how they fell to their knees and wept when they heard the news. Fucking phonies.
They better develop a covid vaccine first because Trump didn't leave them one--Nope, he left them three of them and they were distributed to the states. Even with a plan, Biden is clueless.
Amen. If it was up to Biden's initiative, Americans would have become extinct before that braindead nincompoop could have come up with anything. Biden's solution would have been something like, "aspirin always works for me".

What is your explanation? We went from 22000 deaths to almost zero? Does that seem a little odd to you?

Masks work, proof positive.

"This is a critical point in history. Time is running out to prepare for the next pandemic. We must act now with decisiveness and purpose. Someday, after the next pandemic has come and gone, a commission much like the 9/11 Commission will be charged with determining how well government, business, and public health leaders prepared the world for the catastrophe when they had clear warning. What will be the verdict?"

'Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs' by Michael T. Osterholm, Mark Olshaker

"Mother Nature is the greatest bioterrorist of them all, with no financial limitations or ethical compunctions."

=

Forum List

Back