Doctors Debate B-12 Supplementation for Vegans

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. But I heard that even on small farms they separate the babies from the mothers. Maybe it was different in the past? For example, this article is a point by point rebuttal to a small farmer who admits they separate the cow and calf.

That said, regardless of what happens on a small farm, the overwhelming majority of dairy comes from factory farms, not small family farms. Although I agree that for the most part life is probably better for them on a small family farm... I think the real problem is the whole idea behind dairy farming, large or small. Forcing cows to be pregnant over and over, separating the mamas from babies over and over so that humans can drink the breastmilk meant for the baby....and that's not even getting into what happens to the baby male calves, people should look into that. But anyway, I said I wouldn't debate on this thread, so...I guess I'll stop. lol

Btw, for anyone who doesn't believe that the mother cows cry out for their babies, please watch this beautiful video. It's from an animal sanctuary called The Gentle Barn. I know that people have very short attention spans, but this video is really worth watching... til the end! I really don't see how anyone could NOT love this story:

The day I allowed my kitten to see that his mother had died is a day that will haunt me forever. I never heard an animal cry like that 😢. Still wonder if I should have handled it differently

I eat a pasta dish often. I add nutritional yeast for the flavor (adds a cheesey flavor) and the added nutrition, including B-12

Nutritional yeast as a supplement

Vitamins and Minerals​

Most nutritional yeast products are fortified with added B-vitamins. The nutritional data above is from a Wegmans brand, which provides 600% or more of most B-vitamins per 16 grams. It also has 1000% of the daily value for vitamin B12.

Nutritional yeast also has some calcium, thiamin, iron, and potassium.

The fact is that people need only 2000 micrograms of B 12 a week so it's ridiculously easy to get by eating foods fortified with B 12 or bay taking a high quality supplement.

I LOOOVE avocado. I didn't know that, thanks. I don't know about barley but I have no problem with more avocado! lol 🥰
Cook up some barley. 75% Barley and 25% chick peas. Herb it out and the usual onion, red pepper,garlic.Make a light gravy and slop that over some whole grain rice(or smashytater). Tastes real decent and cleans you out. I dump a couple sunny ups on top and slop it together :eusa_shhh:

Even they don't speak in unison.
Personally, I take a multivitamin but I bet my plant based diet is FAR more nutritious than 90% here.

I'm also not afraid to pick an apple off to he ground and eat it, or pull a carrot out of the ground and eat that. That is the source of ALL B-12 -- the microbes in the dirt

The entire panel is fucked in the head. Their B12 deficiency has obviously caused them all brain damage.

Forum List

Back