Doctors and Dentists Warn of "Mask Mouth," Increases Risk of Stroke, Heart Attacks

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
It's only a mask! So let me get this straight. You want me to endanger my health so you don't perceive that I am endangering your health? Plus, kids growing up stunted in ability to connect, Tulsa doctors suing city to abolish mask ordinance.

Dentists are warning about the health issues tied to prolonged use of a mask to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

They said dental problems associated with "mask mouth," including gum disease, could lead to serious complications.

“Gum disease — or periodontal disease — will eventually lead to strokes and an increased risk of heart attacks,” Marc Sclafani, a dentist and co-founder of One Manhattan Dental, told the New York Post about “mask mouth,” which is increasingly causing inflammation and gum disease among patients.

Another dentist and co-founder at One Manhattan Dental, Rob Ramondi, said 50% of his patients are suffering from negative health issues due to mask-wearing.

In Tulsa doctors are already suing the city over its mask ordnance, one doctor saying a man got dizzy on a ladder from low oxygen and fell, seriously injured.

" co-founder at One Manhattan Dental, Rob Ramondi, said 50% of his patients are suffering from negative health issues due to mask-wearing."

Also Dr. Brett Enneking, child psychologist at Riley Children’s Health, says masks can stunt children's emotional and intellectual development, as the mouth and lower face are intrinsic to nuanced human communication. Mask mandates may affect a child's emotional, intellectual development - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

On Tulsa doctors' lawsuit:

"Doctor Robert Zoellner, Clay Clark, Doctor James Meehan, MD, and many Tulsa-based business owners will be hosting a press conference to announce the filing of their lawsuit against Tulsa Mayor GT Bynum, the Executive Director of the Tulsa Health Department, Bruce Dart and the Tulsa City Council to immediately repeal the mask mandates that the plaintiffs claim are causing healthy people to become sick while trying to prevent the spread of a disease that is not a deadly threat to children and the vast majority of the general population." Doctor Zoellner & Clark Filing Lawsuit to Lift Mayor Bynum's Mask Mandate

"(“OSHA”) defines as an “atmosphere with an oxygen content below 19.5% by volume.” 29 CFR 1910.134(b). Doctors, scientists, and other medical professionals will line up in this Court to demonstrate and testify that face coverings lower oxygen levels in the immediate atmosphere of someone wearing face coverings to less than the Department of Labor’s required 19.5%, normally within less than ten (10) seconds." Doctor Zoellner & Clark Filing Lawsuit to Lift Mayor Bynum's Mask Mandate

How have all these dentists and doctors managed to avoid these horrible symptoms?
Don't they wear masks more than anyone?

I will be sure to warn every member of the hospital staff where I spent 4 days that their ask is a hazard to their health since they wear them 12 hours a day, non-stop. How about my daughter who fits contact lenses that she should not be wearing one because it is a hazard to her health and my grandson with lymphoma will just have to take his chances on his mother killing him. Great plans morons!

How have all these dentists and doctors managed to avoid these horrible symptoms?

Doctors have always had statistically shorter life spans than the average. A combination of all these factors including constant exposure to disease.

Doctors have always had statistically shorter life spans than the average. A combination of all these factors including constant exposure to disease.

Or... it's because of the high level of stress they deal with. You know, something real and not just an excuse to not wear a mask. Do you have any idea how many people where masks all day long without all these issues? Good lord.

I wear a mask if I have to go to Walmart.. But I move in and out pretty quickly. I don't think its that healthy at all.

Cabinet builders, painters, body guys,pest controllers....lots of people wear them between 15-30 hours a week...on ladders, in the sun. Whatever. If a mask fucks you up it's all ready check out time.

Forum List

Back