Doctor Ben Carson Is Asked How He Would Fight Islamic State — There’s No Misinterpreting His Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
Dr. Ben Carson, a potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate, said on Monday that now is the time to “crush” the Islamic State while they are still in their “adolescent stage,” adding that he would use “every resource available” if he were president of the United States.

Appearing on Fox News, Carson said everyone in Washington, D.C., sees themselves as “Democrats and Republicans instead of Americans.” In Washington, he said, “everything is aimed at enhancing one’s political position rather than strengthening the nation.”

Then then went on to address the Islamic State terrorist group and how he would go about destroying them.

“They’re extremely sophisticated and they have tentacles that are growing throughout the world. They’re still in their adolescent stage and this is the time when we can crush them,” Carson told Fox News. “But if we allow them to mature into a full-grown tree, with deep roots and thick branches, it’s going to be almost impossible. We need to do it now.”

He also quoted Winston Churchill: “Fight your enemy while you can beat them.”

He continued: “I would use every resource available: military, banking, sanctions, you name it. And I would not hesitate to put boots on the ground. We need to be the leaders. The coalition will form if it has a leader. But you can’t sit around saying, ‘Oh, you guys do this.’ … This is serious. So I would commit everything to eliminating them right now.”

“We also have to make sure that our military, which is extremely talented with very good leadership, is not put in a compromised position, where we’re trying to micromanage them. We have people trying to manage the military who know nothing about the military, who know nothing about military strategy,” Carson concluded.

Watch the segment below via Fox News: (Check out the article to watch the video and it is worth the time to do so.)

Potential 2016 Candidate Is Asked How He Would Fight Islamic State There 8217 s No Misinterpreting His Answer Video TheBlaze.com

• Banned
He sounds like a poster on this board. It's great in theory. In practice it wont work.

No?

It's worked every time and everywhere its been tried.

Why won't it work in this instance? (Aside from the Left's incessant weeping and gnashing of tooth?)

Because nobody has the stones to do it right: kill them. Kill them all by any means necessary. Wipe them out to the last man, woman, and child.

Dr. Ben Carson, a potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate, said on Monday that now is the time to “crush” the Islamic State while they are still in their “adolescent stage,” adding that he would use “every resource available” if he were president of the United States.

Appearing on Fox News, Carson said everyone in Washington, D.C., sees themselves as “Democrats and Republicans instead of Americans.” In Washington, he said, “everything is aimed at enhancing one’s political position rather than strengthening the nation.”

Then then went on to address the Islamic State terrorist group and how he would go about destroying them.

“They’re extremely sophisticated and they have tentacles that are growing throughout the world. They’re still in their adolescent stage and this is the time when we can crush them,” Carson told Fox News. “But if we allow them to mature into a full-grown tree, with deep roots and thick branches, it’s going to be almost impossible. We need to do it now.”

He continued: “I would use every resource available: military, banking, sanctions, you name it. And I would not hesitate to put boots on the ground. We need to be the leaders. The coalition will form if it has a leader. But you can’t sit around saying, ‘Oh, you guys do this.’ … This is serious. So I would commit everything to eliminating them right now.”

“We also have to make sure that our military, which is extremely talented with very good leadership, is not put in a compromised position, where we’re trying to micromanage them. We have people trying to manage the military who know nothing about the military, who know nothing about military strategy,” Carson concluded.

Watch the segment below via Fox News: (Check out the article to watch the video and it is worth the time to do so.)

Potential 2016 Candidate Is Asked How He Would Fight Islamic State There 8217 s No Misinterpreting His Answer Video TheBlaze.com
Good for him. Too bad he'll never make it past the primaries. :thup:

Because nobody has the stones to do it right: kill them. Kill them all by any means necessary. Wipe them out to the last man, woman, and child.
That's exactly right. And if we do we'll get invariably comparisons to Nazi Germany etc etc, war crimes blah blah blah. The truth is there isnt a nice way to kill someone. And if you have to go to war you make sure it is as brutal and violent as you can make it. Because the shorter the war, the faster the enemy sees they have no chance at all, the better for everyone,the fewer deaths all around, especially on our side.

• Banned

Well, I think you're wrong about that. Usually, you'd be correct. But 8 years of failed economics and catastrophic foreign policy will drive Americans to the polls by the gross...

The Republican Progs are non-starters.

So the difference maker is boots on the ground in Iraq. And in Syria. And Jordan. And, oh, Turkey too. No boots in Iran, just bombs, right?

GOP apparently wants to get us to $20 trillion in debt as fast as possible with that policy while sending more of our young off to die.

Well, I think you're wrong about that. Usually, you'd be correct. But 8 years of failed economics and catastrophic foreign policy will drive Americans to the polls by the gross...

Carson is a replay of Herman Cain, who was a replay of Alan Keyes. None of them could get elected dog catcher. It takes more to win than having good ideas.

So the difference maker is boots on the ground in Iraq. And in Syria. And Jordan. And, oh, Turkey too. No boots in Iran, just bombs, right?

GOP apparently wants to get us to $20 trillion in debt as fast as possible with that policy while sending more of our young off to die.
Obama is doing a good enough job getting us to 20T on his own. He doesnt need help.

Carson is a replay of Herman Cain, who was a replay of Alan Keyes. None of them could get elected dog catcher. It takes more to win than having good ideas.
Yeah and we all know what they had missing.

That's exactly right. And if we do we'll get invariably comparisons to Nazi Germany etc etc, war crimes blah blah blah. The truth is there isnt a nice way to kill someone. And if you have to go to war you make sure it is as brutal and violent as you can make it. Because the shorter the war, the faster the enemy sees they have no chance at all, the better for everyone,the fewer deaths all around, especially on our side.

But the thing to recognize is that the only people who will make that claim, are Leftists, who are Islam's cheering section, who in an actual war, would also be decimated... .

In truth, there is no means for Western Civilization to survive, as long as the Ideological Left remains ... .

But the thing to recognize is that the only people who will make that claim, are Leftists, who are Islam's cheering section, who in an actual war, would also be decimated... .

In truth, there is no means for Western Civilization to survive, as long as the Ideological Left remains ... .
The media is controlled by leftists. And in turn they influence people's perceptions. We were winning in Vietnam after Tet until the media decided we were losing. Ask anyone if we were winning or losing after Tet and I guarantee anyone with any knowledge will tel you Tet was an American disaster.

He sounds like a poster on this board. It's great in theory. In practice it wont work.

No?

It's worked every time and everywhere its been tried.

Why won't it work in this instance? (Aside from the Left's incessant weeping and gnashing of tooth?)
Viet Nam?
That's the exact opposite of what is being proposed. Vietnam is the textbook example of hamstringing a military until they cant do their job.

LOL!

What you do not seem to understand is that the next time we have to go to the ME... we will have no concern for either hearts or minds. We will be killing anything which sustains Islam... .

As far as Iran, demolish their nuke facilities and then merely invade it and kill it.

What you seem incapable of understanding is that Leftist 'war', isn't war... we're discussing actual war here.

The Japanese had an emperor that they considered to be a god. A couple of nukes ended the love of their God, and I'm guessing a couple more would do the trick in the Middle East.

While I agree with Carson, there is a thing or two that are good sound bytes but whether they'd even have the possibility to be enacted, is another thing.
He said "“I would use every resource available: military, banking, sanctions, you name it."
But.
"Interviews with Iraqi, Kurdish, European, Syrian and American government officials, analysts and intelligence agents sketch a portrait of ISIS’s robust, sprawling, and efficient financial operation. The terrorist group relies on a relatively complex system to manage its far-reaching networks. Its currencies of choice—cash, crude oil and contraband—allow it to operate outside of legitimate banking channels. Turkey’s southern corridor, Iraq’s northwestern corridor and Syria’s northeastern corridor are key weak spots, well away from the prying eyes of outside investigators."
For more, go to this interesting article: How Does ISIS Fund Its Reign of Terror? http://www.newsweek.com/2014/11/14/how-does-isis-fund-its-reign-terror-282607.html
But Cason was right when he quoted Winston Churchill: “Fight your enemy while you can beat them.” With these animals, he's 100% right. The hell with fucking around, let's kill them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back