Do you want a dead daughter or a live son?': Crossroads sermon spurs anti-transphobia protest

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
A guest speaker gave a sermon at Crossroads in Oakley last Sunday. This Sunday, a protest is planned outside the megachurch.

On July 18, David Mahan, the director of policy with Center for Christian Virtue, spoke at Crossroads about gender identity and gender transitioning. His message was met with a standing ovation from some, while others walked out upset.

Mahan said his message wasn't coming from a place of hate but a desire to encourage the congregation to stand up to policies that are hurting children

More here:

One thing i find funny is how people talk about a church being welcoming, If you think they are welcoming, then ask them about their stance on LGBT people and see how welcoming they truly are.

A guest speaker gave a sermon at Crossroads in Oakley last Sunday. This Sunday, a protest is planned outside the megachurch.

On July 18, David Mahan, the director of policy with Center for Christian Virtue, spoke at Crossroads about gender identity and gender transitioning. His message was met with a standing ovation from some, while others walked out upset.

Mahan said his message wasn't coming from a place of hate but a desire to encourage the congregation to stand up to policies that are hurting children

More here:

One thing i find funny is how people talk about a church being welcoming, If you think they are welcoming, then ask them about their stance on LGBT people and see how welcoming they truly are.
I would like for him to shut up and mind his own business

More here:

Oh the days when "What you did behind closed doors, was no ones business". After that , fuck every gay or lesbian, who shoves their immoral shit in our faces...

More here:

I'm coming at this from an Atheist's perspective.
Churches are welcoming, if you agree with their biblical interpretation of scripture. If you don't agree with it, go to a church that has their own interpretation of biblical scripture and accepts you.
As to any gender "transitiioning," only "adults" should be allowed to gender transition. Children just go through fazes and no parent should allow any "minor" to make such important decisions. Once they are adults, those former children can do as they please.
Last: There is absolutely NO SUCH THING as transphobia or homophobia. It's a made up word to imply that those that object to the LGTBQ, are suffering from some irrational or paralyzing fear of their community. Those that object to that lifestyle, are not approving of it, but not afraid of it.
Personally, I don't give a damn about the LGTBQ community either way, but then again, I don't give a damn about humans in general.

Last edited:
I'm coming at this from an Atheist's perspective.
Churches are welcoming, if you agree with their biblical interpretation of scripture. If you don't agree with it, go to a church that has their own interpretation of biblical scripture and accepts you.
As to any gender "transitiioning," only "adults" should be allowed to gender transition. Children just go through fazes and no parent should allow any "minor" to make such important decisions. Once they are adults, those former children can do as they please.
Last: There is absolutely NO SUCH THING as transphobia or homophobia. It's a made up word to imply that those that object to the LGTBQ, are suffering from some irrational or paralyzing fear of their community. Those that object to that lifestyle, are not approving of it, but not afraid of it.
Personally, I don't give a damn about the LGTBQ community either way.
I didnt give a shit either as long as they kept it in their bedroom, but when they went hard core all in, flaming shit lickers right in our faces, that was when i said enough is enough, no being immoral isnt right, it is "INSANE".

Good for the Preacher standing up in front of the church's congregation and denouncing the perverted homo's degenerate lifestyle. ... :thup:

Doesn't the the same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

Also says people can beat slaves

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

The point is: No one follows biblical laws to the letter, Christian or Jew. If a Christian going to cherry pick the biblical laws they want to follow and ignore the laws they don't, then why not ignore the laws that depict people of a certain sexual orientation or gender identity as being worthy of condemnation? Justifying a personal bias on an ancient biblical law when you blatantly ignore other ancient biblical laws doesn't seem like something Jesus would do.

One thing i find funny is how people talk about a church being welcoming, If you think they are welcoming, then ask them about their stance on LGBT people and see how welcoming they truly are
A Church is THE BODY OF CHRIST.
It is a place for THOSE IN A STATE OF REPENTANCE AND SEEKING GOD'S WILL.

The Church is NOT for every "Tom, Dick and Harry" who wandered in off the street.

Those pastors who promote such nonsense are enemies of the Gospel

The Bible says that Jesus was a teacher of the Torah (O.T), and he said the Law's it contained were perfect and unchanging.
One of the Torah scriptures that Jesus taught the people, says that homosexuality is an abomination to God and punishable by stoning to death.
Which counters the thou shall not kill commandment.

Forum List

Back