Do you use an ad blocker?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
You should. It'll make your internet experience much more enjoyable. They get rid of pretty much everything, even commercials on Youtube and other streaming sites. There's also a good chance your browser will run a lot smoother when it's not loading all of those annoying ads.

I recommend uBlock Origin, but there are several to choose from.

uBlock Origin

You should. It'll make your internet experience much more enjoyable. They get rid of pretty much everything, even commercials on Youtube and other streaming sites. There's also a good chance your browser will run a lot smoother when it's not loading all of those annoying ads.

I recommend uBlock Origin, but there are several to choose from.

uBlock Origin
I've also been using ABP for years I'm also trying out the Brave browser which automatically blocks all ads and 3rd party cookies.

I use a Mac and I run three ad-block apps:

Ad Block Plus
Ad Block
Glimmer Blocker

Wish there was a good way to stop the videos that automatically play when you visit websites. They’re the biggest irritation in using the web these days, imo.

I use Decentraleyes, Disconnect, Flashblock, Click and Clean, and an image blocker for when the site is really slow. I never get pop ups, and of course every once in a while I will turn them off and click on a occasional ad or two just for grins. Everything else is already built into the browser software, and I edit the list of file extensions and the like myself.

I just use ABP and noscript.

Ghostery can be used to stop auto-video playing, but it can get tedious having to manually allow things all the time.

Forum List

Back