Do You Understand the Electoral College?

The last thing the founding fathers wanted was equal representation and democracy, just like you.

Tara Ross does an excellent job of displaying the brilliance of why the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College. Share with your friends to educate them.

Why? Its actually a kind of stupid idea. I guess it kind of worked when you had 13 states that didn't really want to be in the same country... and they expected Congress to select the president, not the EC.

But today, when you can accurately count all the votes in one day... No so much.

Let's look at what's wrong with it.

1) Some asshole who the people didn't want can win if he marginally wins enough states.

2) If you state is demographically homogeneous, your vote doesn't count and no one spends a lot of time in your state.

3) A very small group can hold a state hostage- Yes, I'm looking at you, Cuban Americans in Florida.

4) It makes it impossible for third parties to grow. - Hey, remember when everyone spent all their time telling us how much they hated BOTH of these candidates. Yet a third party never gained any traction.

Tara Ross does an excellent job of displaying the brilliance of why the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College. Share with your friends to educate them.

Why? Its actually a kind of stupid idea. I guess it kind of worked when you had 13 states that didn't really want to be in the same country... and they expected Congress to select the president, not the EC.

But today, when you can accurately count all the votes in one day... No so much.

1) Some asshole who the people didn't want can win if he marginally wins enough states.

2) If you state is demographically homogeneous, your vote doesn't count and no one spends a lot of time in your state.

3) A very small group can hold a state hostage- Yes, I'm looking at you, Cuban Americans in Florida.

4) It makes it impossible for third parties to grow. - Hey, remember when everyone spent all their time telling us how much they hated BOTH of these candidates. Yet a third party never gained any traction.
You obviously didn't even bother to watch the video, you just started spewing your ignorance.
Rebut her points.

" A very small group can hold a state hostage- Yes, I'm looking at you, Cuban Americans in Florida."

Overt racism.

the problem wh the EC is that in today's world the prez election revolves around like 5 states .

The last thing the founding fathers wanted was equal representation and democracy, just like you.
Says dufus who claims corporations imprison innocent Americans.

Hell, the senate was appointed by the aristocracy and only land holding affluent white males got to vote. Just like you guys want.
I hear Syria has a lot of job openings.

Wise of you for once, not to engage on that.

the problem wh the EC is that in today's world the prez election revolves around like 5 states .

Before the election it was all about your "Blue Wall", now not so much.
Really?
FL was blue in 12 as was PA NC and OH, WI and MI.
The system worked and it irritates you.

Good thing there are 45 other states to keep them from being the ruling class

I understood the EC perfectly. They called me Tuesday and said Trump was in.

Forum List

Back