Do you trust regular Scientists or Forensic Scientist more?

emilseine

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2022
Think about it forensic scientist always have to think of ways to examine and discover evidence. Regular scientist just do expetriments and make measurements. Which do you trust? Most forensic are repubs and don't believe in global warming? SO are they smarter?

• Banned
A forensic scientist thought of using a computer to identify a shoemark on a sheet. Do climate scientists think this brilliantly?

Where do you get your information that most forensic scientists are Republican?

• Banned
Well I just know most of law enforcement is republican, so I guess I just figured. No real stats.

Even if more forensic scientists are Republican "regular" scientist isn't a thing. There are many types of scientists, making forensic scientists regular scientists.

Also, do you have stats that prove most forensic scientists don't believe in climate change?

• Banned
Even if more forensic scientists are Republican "regular" scientist isn't a thing. There are many types of scientists, making forensic scientists regular scientists.

Also, do you have stats that prove most forensic scientists don't believe in climate change?
No I sure don't but most precincts are influenced by a political landscape.

• Banned
Where do you get your information that most forensic scientists are Republican?
Who do you think are smarter? Which job is harder? Coming up with new techniques to figure out a crime or just measuring stuff with a thermometer?

• Banned
Which job is more challenging and does that mean a higher iq?

Who do you think are smarter? Which job is harder? Coming up with new techniques to figure out a crime or just measuring stuff with a thermometer?
Scientists who have to figure out the movement and trajectory of objects light years away probably have a harder job than somebody who has to swab cum off a dead girl's back.

Think about it forensic scientist always have to think of ways to examine and discover evidence. Regular scientist just do expetriments and make measurements. Which do you trust? Most forensic are repubs and don't believe in global warming? SO are they smarter?
I'm more concerned if your mother had any children not mentally disabled,,

Forensics has always fascinated me.

While driving up to Hilton Head, I was listening to NPR, and they were talking about the manhunt for a kidnap/murder suspect. There were a few different suspects, though, and identifying the murderer was proving to be very, very difficult.

And kidnapper left a ransom note, and used the phrase "devil's strip" when telling the police where the ransom money should be left.

Well, the "devil's strip" refers to that plot of earth between the sidewalk and the street. An FBI forensic linguist read that and asked the lead investigator "Is one of your suspects from Akron, Ohio?"

The detective answered that yes, in fact, one of their suspects was from Akron. The linguist told the investigator that the person in Akron was almost certainly their suspect. The detective was stunned by this comment and asked how the linguist could be so sure.

Turns out that the phrase "devil's strip" is used only by those people who are from Akron, Ohio and from nowhere else in the country.

The suspect was arrested and gave a full confession.

I thought that was pretty fuckin' cool...

I'm having trouble finding any college or university that offers a specific "forensic science" degree ... generally one receives a degree with a major in biology and some programs offer a minor in chemistry ... there's a year in calculus but that's about it for the math requirements ...

Climatology degrees now requires the two year course of calculus as well as LinAlgebra and Diffy Q's ... we're mapping the stress tensor into solution sets of Navier/Stokes ... although all that high level math is only really important for the meteorology side of the science ... the meteorology is a critically important aspect of climatology ...

If we use the measure of "math skills" ... then climatology is head, shoulders, belly and hips over forensic science ... these police officers couldn't linear isomorph their way out of a wet paper bag ...

Acoording to TV, forensic scientists are too stupid to turn the lights on at the crime scene they're investigating ...

Forensics has always fascinated me.

While driving up to Hilton Head, I was listening to NPR, and they were talking about the manhunt for a kidnap/murder suspect. There were a few different suspects, though, and identifying the murderer was proving to be very, very difficult.

And kidnapper left a ransom note, and used the phrase "devil's strip" when telling the police where the ransom money should be left.

Well, the "devil's strip" refers to that plot of earth between the sidewalk and the street. An FBI forensic linguist read that and asked the lead investigator "Is one of your suspects from Akron, Ohio?"

The detective answered that yes, in fact, one of their suspects was from Akron. The linguist told the investigator that the person in Akron was almost certainly their suspect. The detective was stunned by this comment and asked how the linguist could be so sure.

Turns out that the phrase "devil's strip" is used only by those people who are from Akron, Ohio and from nowhere else in the country.

The suspect was arrested and gave a full confession.

I thought that was pretty fuckin' cool...
And it all came crashing down during the sentencing phase... He got away with it.

Forensics is the science of QUESTIONING EVERYTHING... Even potentially "settled" science is not settled and we are always looking for other ways to look at the evidence in an effort to uncover the truth. SKEPTICISM is Science at its core. When a regular 'scientist' has lost the ability to be skeptical, they are no longer scientists, they are lab assistants. They can do the work but have no ability to interpret what they see and question it. That is why they buy the lie called Man Made Global Warming.

I'm having trouble finding any college or university that offers a specific "forensic science" degree ... generally one receives a degree with a major in biology and some programs offer a minor in chemistry ... there's a year in calculus but that's about it for the math requirements ...

Climatology degrees now requires the two year course of calculus as well as LinAlgebra and Diffy Q's ... we're mapping the stress tensor into solution sets of Navier/Stokes ... although all that high level math is only really important for the meteorology side of the science ... the meteorology is a critically important aspect of climatology ...

If we use the measure of "math skills" ... then climatology is head, shoulders, belly and hips over forensic science ... these police officers couldn't linear isomorph their way out of a wet paper bag ...

Acoording to TV, forensic scientists are too stupid to turn the lights on at the crime scene they're investigating ...
Forensics scientists are usually multidisciplinary degrees. The colleges that do give them require a minimum of two BS degrees, generally Chemistry and Pathology, with a minor in crime scene evidence testing. It has really broken off into many areas including calculus and physics. Most police officers have collection techniques as do on site evidence techs. The analysis of the data is done by multidisciplinary teams in most states.

If you're doing a death investigation due to a DUI accident, An MD will assess cause of death, blood alcohol levels and things related to human physiology. A physicist will take crime scene photos and the measurements, masses of vehicles, etc and tell you speed of the vehicles, direction of travel, impact force, and everything about the physical elements.

Forensics depends on multiple disciplines. These people take all of the information from others and compile it to create the whole picture. Something that is currently missing from our Climate debate.

Crime scene techs are only looking for evidence in plain sight, the forensic analysis is when we go back and look for very specific things missing from the puzzle.

Forensics scientists are usually multidisciplinary degrees. The colleges that do give them require a minimum of two BS degrees, generally Chemistry and Pathology, with a minor in crime scene evidence testing. It has really broken off into many areas including calculus and physics. Most police officers have collection techniques as do on site evidence techs. The analysis of the data is done by multidisciplinary teams in most states.

If you're doing a death investigation due to a DUI accident, An MD will assess cause of death, blood alcohol levels and things related to human physiology. A physicist will take crime scene photos and the measurements, masses of vehicles, etc and tell you speed of the vehicles, direction of travel, impact force, and everything about the physical elements.

Forensics depends on multiple disciplines. These people take all of the information from others and compile it to create the whole picture. Something that is currently missing from our Climate debate.

Crime scene techs are only looking for evidence in plain sight, the forensic analysis is when we go back and look for very specific things missing from the puzzle.

I'm having trouble finding any college or university that offers a specific "forensic science" degree ... this isn't helping ...

The one most used is the FBI crime school in Quantico Virgina. It requires multiple disciplines to even get into it.

I'm having trouble finding any college or university that offers a specific "forensic science" degree ... you sent me to the FBI's academy ... I see where attending requires a college degree, but that doesn't say what kind of degree ... Their website doesn't mention forensics at all ...

Why do you think FBI agents are competent in LinAlgebra? ... or is this not a good metric for you? ... I agree it's not the best, math is only important in a few sciences, not all of them ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back