Do you think this Elvis song is racist?

Discuss your thoughts...

Google "ghetto"

ghet•to gĕt′ō

• n.
    A usually poor section of a city inhabited primarily by people of the same race, religion, or social background, often because of discrimination.
  • n.
    An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages.
  • n.
    Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto.

Discuss your thoughts...

Google "ghetto"

ghetto
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

ghet·to | \ ˈge-(ˌ)tō \
plural ghettos also ghettoes
Definition of ghetto
(Entry 1 of 3)
1: a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
2: a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
3a: an isolated groupa geriatric ghetto
b: a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunitythe pink-collar ghetto

ghetto
adjective
Definition of ghetto (Entry 2 of 3)
often disparaging
: of, relating to, being, or characteristic of a ghetto (see GHETTO entry 1 sense 2) or the people who live thereghetto youth/musicghetto neighborhoodsFeatures that, according to [El] Jones, are often shamed and seen as "ugly, ghetto, or unprofessional" when on Black people, but suddenly become desirable and attractive when on a white person.— CBC Kids NewsAnd lest anyone think graffiti itself is dead … the memorial walls are the latest outburst and refinement of ghetto art springing up in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and beyond.— David Gonzalez… the many social and cultural factors that went into the creation of a permanent class of ghetto poor, unable to move into the mainstream.— Jonathan Alter

Discuss your thoughts...

I think the Pillsbury Doe Boy is racist, because he is white. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 461447

Mother fucker whiskey just shot out my nostril laughing so hard ...lol

I want a shirt like that meme, so I can wear it around town. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 461477

They got a T-shirt for reality yet??

View attachment 461483

Only in liberal fantasy land do they think a anti pipeline, anti fracking , anti drilling , anti business president produces jobs

It was written by Mac Davis for Elvis because of Elvis really did grow up in a ghetto. So it is not racist unless some one thinks poor white people are being seen in a bad way by this song.
I also grew up in ghetto.

Discuss your thoughts...

I think the Pillsbury Doe Boy is racist, because he is white. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 461447

Mother fucker whiskey just shot out my nostril laughing so hard ...lol

I want a shirt like that meme, so I can wear it around town. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 461477

They got a T-shirt for reality yet??

View attachment 461483

Only in liberal fantasy land do they think a anti pipeline, anti fracking , anti drilling , anti business president produces jobs

No....but he does produce a warm fuzzy feeling about 'De Eerf' we live on.
Biden brings us clean air, water, and puppies.
He also brings the end to COVID......in exactly 100 days....*when do we start counting down from a 100?*

Forum List

Back