~Do You Take Tablets regularly??~

I try not to take pills. I have two prescription eye drops I take daily. I probably SHOULD take a multi-vitamin and my Vitamin D daily, but most of the time I don't. I go out of my way to avoid taking pain medications unless it's really necessary. Then it's either Aleve or Advil. When I had my surgery back in March they prescribed me a bottle of Oxycodine for pain. I think I took 4 of the 30 pills over two weeks and flushed the rest down the toilet.

I dont take any pills or tablets or anything. It seems to me that if you start down that road you end up taking a lot. My wife has had 3 heart attacks (her first one when she was 29) and she takes a lot of pills. Some of them she takes to counteract the side effects of other meds she has to take.

I guess if you have to take them to stay alive thank God for them. As for me I will avoid it at all costs.

I just sell the prescriptions the doctor gives me great second income. :eusa_whistle:

I only take prescription medications. I take 9 pills in the morning and 8 pills at night. Sometimes when I walk, I rattle. Better living through chemistry.

I take a multivitamin, fish oil, Calcium with vitamin D, vitamin C, and Green Tea extract. Before my workout I take a whey protein powder along Pre-Surge (vaso-dialator), my post workout I take the whey protein with creatin. I eat like a diabetic up to six small meals a day.

I cannot say enough good about the weight watchers program. It really works. I've lost seventy pounds in the last year, from 271 to between 201-210. My son started a month after me and he has went from 280 down to 187 as of now.

Diets are no good until you are ready to commit to loosing weight.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
TMI people !!!!

quit talking about your drugs-----ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Let me get you a glass of water.:D

dulcolax-stool-softener-liquid-gels.jpg

Pfft. Why would he need a glass of water?

Dulcolax_Supposi_4be926cf4c381.jpg

My doctor wanted to put me on medication to cure my "priapism".

I told him thanks, but no.

It's just a condition that my wife and I will have to live with. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The (M)Ad agencies have bombed Americans with 24/7 messages about better living through the regular use of medication. 30 Something people seem to be one target audience for minor pain. The suggestion is to take a pill or two or three every day before you get a twinge in your knee. This is insanity but Americans are conditioned by (m)ad men to feel the need to be free of even the most minor pain through the miracle of chemistry. Over the counter drugs are ralatively harmless but nobody knows what they will do to your gut or your head with regular use. You almost gotta laugh about the prescription drugs the (m)ad men hype. "Some fatal episodes have occurred". Say what?

Some OTC drugs taken long term can be harmful. I know a person who took Exedrin for 25 yrs. and developed 2 ulcers, one that was bleeding out because of the aspirin.
I am amazed at the crazy disclaimers in some of the ads for meds. Some will cause what you are trying to get rid of :cuckoo:
I do my vitamins with fish oil. Multi, Bcomplex, D3, garlic, Magnesium, C, etc..

If it matters, I will likely be on an SSRI for the rest of my life. My body seems incapable of regulating its brain chemistry on its own (I'm the only person I know who had depressive attacks at the age of six).

I regulate my vitamin and nutrient intake very carefully through my diet, due to the gastric bypass surgery I had six or seven years ago. The eating habits I learned then are very helpful for any number of things.

I occasionallly take a Claritin when the pollen count is extremely high, but generallly don't need it, and very occasionally take an Aleve for aches and pains that crop up.

The (M)Ad agencies have bombed Americans with 24/7 messages about better living through the regular use of medication. 30 Something people seem to be one target audience for minor pain. The suggestion is to take a pill or two or three every day before you get a twinge in your knee. This is insanity but Americans are conditioned by (m)ad men to feel the need to be free of even the most minor pain through the miracle of chemistry. Over the counter drugs are ralatively harmless but nobody knows what they will do to your gut or your head with regular use. You almost gotta laugh about the prescription drugs the (m)ad men hype. "Some fatal episodes have occurred". Say what?

Some OTC drugs taken long term can be harmful. I know a person who took Exedrin for 25 yrs. and developed 2 ulcers, one that was bleeding out because of the aspirin.
I am amazed at the crazy disclaimers in some of the ads for meds. Some will cause what you are trying to get rid of :cuckoo:
I do my vitamins with fish oil. Multi, Bcomplex, D3, garlic, Magnesium, C, etc..

Yes, I see the same...and I see it for prescription meds as well as for OTC.
They list so many "side effects"....that sometimes I wonder if a person isn't better off just trying to deal with what they have, instead of making it worse by taking in so many other meds.
It pisses me off to get a new medicine prescribed, and then I end up with a headache.
I'm a very stressed out, anxious, nervous individual......and if it weren't for my Xanax, I would be climbing the walls-- hell, I would probably have tried climbing Mount Everest by now!
I also take medication for ulcers, which were most likely caused by stress.

Yes, I see the same...and I see it for prescription meds as well as for OTC.
They list so many "side effects"....that sometimes I wonder if a person isn't better off just trying to deal with what they have, instead of making it worse by taking in so many other meds.
It pisses me off to get a new medicine prescribed, and then I end up with a headache.
I'm a very stressed out, anxious, nervous individual......and if it weren't for my Xanax, I would be climbing the walls-- hell, I would probably have tried climbing Mount Everest by now!
I also take medication for ulcers, which were most likely caused by stress.

Most of the side effects listed are only "possible" side effects, which means they occur in a small number of people, and probably mean that you don't interact well with that drug, and should take something else.

With meds intended to be taken long-term, like my SSRI, they do produce mild side effects in virtually everyone until the body adjusts to the build-up of the medication in the system.

I only take prescription medications. I take 9 pills in the morning and 8 pills at night. Sometimes when I walk, I rattle. Better living through chemistry.

I just read your response to my husband, he's always complaining about the 8 pills everyday he has to take (includes an asperin & allergy pill)... :) being fathers day i wanted him to feel a little better about himself! Lol! Sounds like you have a "pill doctor" like we do!

I don't really take supplements and other medication regularly, I only have them if I am sick or my physician required me to be compliance with the treatment..but if I'm fine and my immune system is not compromised, I never take tablets or any medication. because I am afraid of the side effects of the drug that I am taking.

Forum List

Back