Do you support Ron Paul?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
If you do, PLEASE visit ronpaul.meetup.com, and join or create a meet-up group in your area to help him with his campaign.

He is the only candidate not in bed with corporate America, and he gets almost no coverage by mainstream media except to marginalize or discredit him.

This is America, and everyone should be allowed an equal spot in the public eye, so that the American public can make a decision based on EVERYONE, not just the so-called "front-runners". They are the front runners because they are the ones that are shoved down our throats. Everyone knows who Guiliani, Obama, Hilary, etc, are...but many people have never even heard of Ron Paul. That means that he probably WOULD be higher in the main polls than he is, if more people actually knew who the hell he was, and what his positions are. His positions don't change to the tune of corporate, and special interest contributions. He could have a legitimate shot if he was given the kind of attention that the front runners get.

If you don't like him, so what. This is America.

If he is running as a Republican it doesn't matter what you want. Like it or not, the Republican party machine picks the nominee, the chance of someone not in the lime light and supported by the majority of that machine winning is so slim as to be impossible.

If he runs as an Independent the reality is he probably can't win either.

If he is a Republican I would suggest you get his supporters to work on the Party officials also, just grass roots isn't gonna work unless the party changes the rules. And that isn't likely.

RetiredGySgt, in America, the "machine" doesn't pick the politician, the PEOPLE do. It might end up being the machine that finally got that politician PICKED, but the people still picked nonetheless.

Are you implying that the people have lost control of this country?

Is there a corporate-backed candidate that could actually change this?

I support Fred Thompson.

Yeah...because that's exactly what the country needs in the White House, right? an ACTOR?

RetiredGySgt, in America, the "machine" doesn't pick the politician, the PEOPLE do. It might end up being the machine that finally got that politician PICKED, but the people still picked nonetheless.

Yeah...because that's exactly what the country needs in the White House, right? an ACTOR?

Laffs... sure they do...

yes...

no...

Have you forgotten that we already had a president who was an actor before he became a politician?

The Republican party rules are designed to allow the party machinery pretty much control who runs and who is likely to get elected. It is possible but highly unlikely that the nominee will be someone the PARTY bigwigs don't want or support.

The primaries allow the people to vote but the point is before they ever happen the party machine has done what it has to to ensure one of the "chosen" win.

As for my pick, If Thompson runs I will vote for him.

Neither one of the big parties care about what the "people" want, except if it happens to match with what the party wants. And they are NOT controlled by the Government or Congress. Each party establishes its own rules on who can get on each ballot in each primary. The Democrats are a bit more open about letting the rank and file do this, the Republicans are NOT.

Thompson is a far better choice tha Paul, IMO. I had hoped Thompson would run back when he was still a senator. There is much more to the man than being an actor, hell I didn't even recognize him as an actor until Law & Order.

Forum List

Back