Do you play an instrument? Or sing?

Do I play an instrument or sing?

Yes, but you would prefer silence.

Ahh-- it's all relative. I bet you're better than this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnN-qJonLKg]Ken Lee - Bulgarian Idol -WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION - YouTube[/ame]

I made this at home with improvisational drums. Just for fun :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmhmOelfUhk]Play to Sweet Child O Mine - YouTube[/ame]

Whatta you play? And what kind of music do you attempt on it?

I normally play finger style on a James Goodall guitar.

My lady and I like to play together. She usually does the singing. Here's a politically inspired piece we wrote and recorded over a weekend:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cz2nBGovHs]Less is In - YouTube[/ame]

Nice..

I've been playing guitar since H.S. but I can't seem to play AND sing at the same time. I can do a pretty much dead on Stevie Ray Vaughn impression though.

Really?

I'd love to see a dead on rendition of "Little Wing" from you. I get close, but I'm not dead on.

I have a 1986 Sunburst Les Paul Standard as my primary guitar. I put a Seymour Duncan Jazz neck pickup and a JB Humbucker on the bridge, bone nut. I'm a Gibson man overall. I also play a newer Fender Esprit with factory single coils, which gets closer to the SRV sound than the humbuckers do. And an Epiphone Riviera with P90's for my hollow body.

My Dad taught me the harmonica. .I do okay at it. .I admire people with the gift of singing and music. People like to hear me whistle a tune.( Loch Lomond. Some Where Over the Rainbow.) Just remembered I was kicked out of music class in the 7th grade for playing the Blues on my Blues Harp. Music teacher forbade the blues being played in class.

My Dad taught me the harmonica. .I do okay at it. .I admire people with the gift of singing and music. People like to hear me whistle a tune.( Loch Lomond. Some Where Over the Rainbow.) Just remembered I was kicked out of music class in the 7th grade for playing the Blues on my Blues Harp. Music teacher forbade the blues being played in class.

Fun fact: A long time ago in Wisconsin, a school sent a note to a student's parents telling them to not bother with music lessons because the kid "wasn't musically inclined".

The kid was ........ Les Paul.

Whatta you play? And what kind of music do you attempt on it?

I seem to prefer string things myself. Started on piano (and therefore my understanding of scale is irrevocably linear and chromatic), went on to guitar, banjo, violin/viola, mandolin, bouzouki, hammered dulcimer and bowed psaltery. Also spent some years in a Brazilian batucada ensemble. Can't do wind instruments, though I do sing.

Guitar I like to fingerpick, and experiment with open tunings. The violin I got for Scottish and Cape Breton music. Also used several of these (primarily violin) in a jug band, where I even got a chance to play rake one night :D
..I'm a Gregorian Chanter

A lot of build up, but the real jamming starts @2:30
mail (3).gif

I rap. A thread by Pogo is a no go. I’m out no homo. Peace

Forum List

Back