Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?
Talking to people is a skill that many people have simply lost. The rules are pretty simple but most people dont have a clue what they are.

I like any form of talking to people. You'd be amazed how much you can learn about a person from idle chit chat.

It can't be idle chit chat. You must really really care to be here. ;)
Its not good form to carry over butt hurt from one thread to another. I just noticed you were a rookie so i thought I would let you know that.

I'm not the one who will be punished so no butt hurt here. Also, go screw yourself. No sense of humor and just did the same shit you said people don't do. I don't care about your etiquette.

I hate idle chit chat conversations and I do not seek out people to talk to and if no one has a conversation while I am at a wedding or Christmas Party the better...

I like any form of talking to people. You'd be amazed how much you can learn about a person from idle chit chat.

Its not good form to carry over butt hurt from one thread to another. I just noticed you were a rookie so i thought I would let you know that.

I'm not the one who will be punished so no butt hurt here. Also, go screw yourself. No sense of humor and just did the same shit you said people don't do. I don't care about your etiquette.
I'm sorry I have taken up residence in your mind. We can work out the details of payment should I chose to stay.

I hate it.

I can do it here a little... but, to be honest, I don't care how your day is or if you feel bad.
If it's not interesting or entertaining to me, I'm bored and won't pretend to be interested.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could NOT care less.....

I'm sorry I have taken up residence in your mind. We can work out the details of payment should I chose to stay.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any lamer.

I hate idle chit chat conversations and I do not seek out people to talk to and if no one has a conversation while I am at a wedding or Christmas Party the better...
What do you hate about idle chit chat? Why dont you seek out people to talk to?

I mean, if you want to tell me something juicy, like, hmmmm you murdered someone or you are drunk, you hate your spouse, your kid is in jail.. that is interesting...

I hate it.

I can do it here a little... but, to be honest, I don't care how your day is or if you feel bad.
If it's not interesting or entertaining to me, I'm bored and won't pretend to be interested.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could care less.....

It's something you have to learn. Yeah, it's kind of stupid but if you don't do it the gossip mill fires up and says you're anti-social. A little bit of effort goes a long way sometimes.

I hate it.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could NOT care less.....
A mentor of mine would tell you that you have probably pricked many people with a pin if you feel like that

I hate it.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could care less.....

It's something you have to learn. Yeah, it's kind of stupid but if you don't do it the gossip mill fires up and says you're anti-social. A little bit of effort goes a long way sometimes.

I don't give a fuck if people like me or what they say. No problem there

I hate it.

A mentor of mine would tell you that you have probably pricked many people with a pin if you feel like that

I'm not going to pretend to care or be interested. Why? That's like lying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back