Do you know what sound a new AC makes when falling from a 2nd Story Window?

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
*argh* Neither did I. Till tonight.

I often thought about it....Hold on tight paperview and get that window closed and secure.

And tonight, I heard it.

Yeah, it was 90 freaking degrees today. Brand new fancy gadget my gf gave me last fall, and it's going in!

So I trudge it up to my bedroom and put it in the open window.

MMMmmm. Comfy sleeps tonight, thinks I.

Almost had it in. Just onnnnnnnne more little nudge to set it straight, lifted the window a hair.

And Whhheeeeeeee...

THUD.

That's the sound it makes.

ARGHHHHHHH!

It sucked I tell ya.

Now I have one busted up brand new *in pieces* AC to trot off to the dump.

And it's supposed to be 90 again here today.

ack!

That made me laugh, I almost dropped an AC several times. We had an old home that I rebuilt, but central air was pretty much impossible because of radiator heat. The old ACs were so heavy I'd lug the things in and out each spring and fall, too stupid to invest in a cart.

That made me laugh, I almost dropped an AC several times. We had an old home that I rebuilt, but central air was pretty much impossible because of radiator heat. The old ACs were so heavy I'd lug the things in and out each spring and fall, too stupid to invest in a cart.
Yeah. The AC's are heavy. This was a nice one too. (No Central AC here in my colonial house either)

A little lighter than my older ones, but heavy.

And the sound when it Falls Down Go BOOM from 2 stories is still rattling in my ears.

:lol;

I would imagine a loud one.
Damn paperview ... sorry to hear about your misfortune on such a warm evening.

The same thing happened to my co-worker last summer. Smashed on the ground from her second story window.

I would imagine a loud one.
Damn paperview ... sorry to hear about your misfortune on such a warm evening.

The same thing happened to my co-worker last summer. Smashed on the ground from her second story window.
Thanks. Yup. Just glad there were no critters or lawn furniture underneath.

Only hours earlier I had an ATV parked back there. Thank dog it was only my lawn that took the dig.

And my crushed expectations of a cool bedroom last night.

crying.gif

Forum List

Back