Do you know what I'm in the mood for?

Looks delicious! I haven't had a baked or broiled Lobster since we moved to New England....20 years ago.... it's boiled or steamed....here...

Of course here in Maine, they are a dime a dozen.... Matt and I had Lobster once a week this past summer... the lobster shack we get it from just closed for the winter.... And won't reopen until next May.... but we can still buy them live, in the grocery store.....

If the country wasn't in such a mess, Maine was gonna be my retirement escape. Either that or New Hampshire. But probably Maine. I'd definitely get a boat, that's my favorite ocean water up there. And a captain's hat. If I do end up doing that, look for the one with the black sail. Ha. For the time being, though, It's lookin like ole Mehico. I dunno. See how it goes, I guess.

But I only ever bought em frozen. Poor fellers. Could you imagine being dumped in boiling water while you're alive? Good gosh! They sure are sweet, though.
Wimpy me can't kill them that way....but I suppose I'm evil enough, by paying someone else to do it! :eek-52:

If you think the tail is sweet and delicious, you should try the claws on a whole lobster! They are tender and the sweetest meat ever!!

We've had a couple of years out of the past ten or so, where live lobsters were $2.99 per pound....there was some trade battle going on... bring on the trade battles! :) They were cheaper than hamburger meat!

Wimpy me can't kill them that way....but I suppose I'm evil enough, by paying someone else to do it! :eek-52:

If you think the tail is sweet and delicious, you should try the claws on a whole lobster! They are tender and the sweetest meat ever!!

We've had a couple of years out of the past ten or so, where live lobsters were $2.99 per pound....there was some trade battle going on... bring on the trade battles! :) They were cheaper than hamburger meat!

No, me either. lol. I've had the whole lobster before. Good point about substituting hamburger with it. That's livin right thar. Ha.

Look at this cat...

Fruitcake. The really heavy kind. Really moist.

Do you know how sometimes you just kind of out of the blue say to yourself, man, I'm in the mood for
There are plenty on here to choose from. Wouldn't know how moist they are....

Fruitcake. The really heavy kind. Really moist.

Do you know how sometimes you just kind of out of the blue say to yourself, man, I'm in the mood for
Just place your craigslist ad in your community section and get it over with already. :21::lol:

You know, one of the things that I miss about Newport RI is the lobster night that they had at the Enlisted Club. 5 bucks (and yeah, it was a while ago back in 1996), you got a whole lobster. And, while they weren't all that big (about 1.5 lbs whole), they were pretty tasty. And yes, the claw meat is some of the best parts about the critter.

I commercial lobstered years. When they sold $2.99 a pound we got $2.65 off the boat, hardly worth it. We tied up our boats and bingo, price went back up. I could pull in back at the marina where everyone would always say "your boat stinks, your bait stinks, your traps stink, you got crabs living in your bilge (yea I did but why were people on my boat overturning hatches and looking???" Oh yeah, "YOU STINK TOO" haha But pull in after pulling traps? "Got any lobster for sale?" Average I let them pick and $5 a lobster. Gotta keep your marina mates happy. Oh yeah, I ate lots of lobster! Don't forget to eat the green shit, the tomale, legs and all.

I commercial lobstered years. When they sold $2.99 a pound we got $2.65 off the boat, hardly worth it. We tied up our boats and bingo, price went back up. I could pull in back at the marina where everyone would always say "your boat stinks, your bait stinks, your traps stink, you got crabs living in your bilge (yea I did but why were people on my boat overturning hatches and looking???" Oh yeah, "YOU STINK TOO" haha But pull in after pulling traps? "Got any lobster for sale?" Average I let them pick and $5 a lobster. Gotta keep your marina mates happy. Oh yeah, I ate lots of lobster! Don't forget to eat the green shit, the tomale, legs and all.

Interestingly enough, did you know that before lobster became popular with the rich people, it was first considered poor food, and prisoner food, and there were times that prisoners who were being fed lobster rioted?

Forum List

Back