Do you have compassion for all innocent sentient creatures?

What do YOU think or feel is "ethical"?
I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?

It seems to me there is too much greed and fighting between humans, who dominate this planet Earth.
Perhaps we can "come together" a bit more regarding our common priorities, such as the Pursuit of Happiness, including those of dogs, cats, elephants, whales, etc.
Because I’m highly competitive...

I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?

It seems to me there is too much greed and fighting between humans, who dominate this planet Earth.
Perhaps we can "come together" a bit more regarding our common priorities, such as the Pursuit of Happiness, including those of dogs, cats, elephants, whales, etc.
The American Indians used to thank the antelope or buffalo for their meat they where about to eat, the spirit of the animal they where about to consume. They did a prayer of thanks.
Ahhh... The Nobel savage routine. How novel... Lest we forget small tribes running thousands of Buffalo over cliffs so that they could harvest as much as they could preserve, leaving the rest to rot in the sun. Or the massive forest fires started to drive game to the hunters. Yeah... Real eco centric stewards of the environment... Lol!

Please take her to the vet. If she IS chipped, and I doubt she is, the previous owners don't deserve to have her back.

I want to...she does have problems...she has twitches in her back (only one of the reasons I think her tail has been broken)...I saw her whole head do that same twitch one time...kitty is kind of messed up. A cloudy eye that I'm sure she cannot see out of...and other things.

The first time I pet her I didn't think she'd live...I just thought I could make her last few hours on earth more comfortable by feeding her. I fed her soup 8-10 times a day because she couldn't eat solids and she couldn't eat much.

But if she's chipped, I will legally have no say in the matter...NONE! If the owner wants her back to beat her to death there will be nothing I can do.

With the trust building going on...I don't know how I would get her into a cat carrier...she gets very unhappy if I even pick her up.

But I know she has now experienced kindness with me...she seems to be getting used to it a little more each day.

Last edited:

The American Indians used to thank the antelope or buffalo for their meat they where about to eat, the spirit of the animal they where about to consume. They did a prayer of thanks.
Ahhh... The Nobel savage routine. How novel... Lest we forget small tribes running thousands of Buffalo over cliffs so that they could harvest as much as they could preserve, leaving the rest to rot in the sun. Or the massive forest fires started to drive game to the hunters. Yeah... Real eco centric stewards of the environment... Lol!

:link:

in comparison to the settlers stewardship -

images

Genocide by Other Means: U.S. Army Slaughtered Buffalo in Plains Indian Wars

As long as the North American buffalo roamed free and bountiful, the Plains Indians were able to remain sovereign. Buffalo were their lifeline—the Indians had a symbiotic relationship with them, and always honored the mighty beasts for the many blessings they provided.

whoever can justify the wanton slaughter of the buffalo by the settlers is a madman.

images

As long as the North American buffalo roamed free and bountiful, the Plains Indians were able to remain sovereign. Buffalo were their lifeline—the Indians had a symbiotic relationship with them, and always honored the mighty beasts for the many blessings they provided.

whoever can justify the wanton slaughter of the buffalo by the settlers is a madman.

images

Whoever can justify the slaughter of anything that furthers their own cause, is a tactician. Welcome to the food chain...

It seems to me we are seeing more and more videos of animals of all types doing caring things to each other and other animals. Are they sentient or is it instinct? It seems we are going to be slowly weened off of eating meats. Is a pig the same as a dog? It seems we are going there.

A pig is not the same as a dog, no.

But that only counts in sex.

"I would sacrifice every monkey on the planet to save one crackhead with AIDS."

-- Penn Jillette.

I can't disagree with the sentiment. Human life is ultimately more valuable than animal life.
The more people I deal with, the more I like my cats.

HEYYYYY...a MAJOR trust-building moment just happened :)

Kitty has never stepped on me or laid on me...just now she jumped into the chair next to me & put her front paws on my leg (with her hind quarters on the other chair).

Then she backed away & I softly said it was OK and started petting her...she sheepishly put her front paws back on my leg & left them there for about 3 minutes.

I wonder if some bastard would smack her if she stepped on him...because it looked like that's what she was thinking. Like she was hesitant to place her paws on me.

HEYYYYY...a MAJOR trust-building moment just happened :)

Kitty has never stepped on me or laid on me...just now she jumped into the chair next to me & put her front paws on my leg (with her hind quarters on the other chair).

Then she backed away & I softly said it was OK and started petting her...she sheepishly put her front paws back on my leg & left them there for about 3 minutes.

I wonder if some bastard would smack her if she stepped on him...because it looked like that's what she was thinking. Like she was hesitant to place her paws on me.
She's showing trust, that's wonderful. She's obviously falling for you as much as you've fallen for her. Nice to see.

She's showing trust, that's wonderful. She's obviously falling for you as much as you've fallen for her. Nice to see.

As I started out...I never owned a cat & never wanted to.

But bringing this cat back to health has been cool! All I really want for her is to have a shot at life.

I still wonder out of all the yards around here to choose from...why did she pick mine/me?

But bringing this cat back to health has been cool! All I really want for her is to have a shot at life.

I still wonder out of all the yards around here to choose from...why did she pick mine/me?

Because she's wise.

Thank you for rescuing her. Please take her to a vet to have her checked and spayed,

That's a conundrum.

I asked all around the neighborhood & checked on-line & nobody is missing a cat that fits kittys description.

Getting to know her, she has shown me EVERY sign that she's been abused (and I've never even raised my voice to her)...I think her tail was even broken. I massage the base of her spine & it gives her great relief.

It was 3 months of good nutrition before I saw her run for the first time.

But if I bring her to a vet...and she's chipped...they'll take her away from me. I would have no problem if she was going to a good home...but I don't want her to go back to an abusive home.

WTF do I do?

No vet is going to check her for a chip. Just have her checked out and everything will be fine. She could have an easily treated medical condition, that could add years and quality to her life. I wouldn’t over think it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't ignore apparent or even suspected animal abuse.

If you see someone abuse an animal, keep in mind they may just as callously do harm to you or another person. There is a sickness involved in animal abuse many times. Ignoring the cries of an animal can sometimes guarantee a horrible and slow death for the animal.

True story.......
Once when I was about 10 in the middle of a hot summer, I heard what sounded like a dog howling for several days. Even at 10 years old it finally bothered me so much that I set out to find out why.
About a quarter mile away in someones yard was a small Pomeranian, chained up in the dirt behind their home with no food, water or shelter. The poor animal was shaking badly and looked bad.

When I checked closely, the howling was because the little dog was literally completely covered in fleas. It looked like thousands of them biting this poor animal. I was shocked.
I didn't know the people who lived there but I knocked on the door and a grown woman and two young boys about my age came to the door. I pointed out the fact that that the dog was being eaten alive by fleas and asked for soap and water to give the poor thing a bath to try to get rid of the fleas.

I honestly at that age wasn't sure exactly what to do. A bath was all I could think of at the time. I suspect the dog died shortly after. Have you ever been bitten by ONE flea?
Can you even imagine suffering though having even 50 or 100 fleas biting you all at once? What about 500 - 1000 ?

If I could hear this from that far away, how could they (and the neighbors) have ignored it ??? Laws protect this type of misery and suffering for animals by giving thoughtless humans protection.

This act of immense cruelty showed me very early just how horrible people can be. And just how cruel God's world can be. People like this are dead souls walking. Void of compassion and generally make societies far worse than necessary.

Don't stay quiet.

Because she's wise.

Nawwww...I mean...it was my FENCED IN back yard...there are many yards easier to get into.

She sat for a long while meowing until I came outside...I walked right up to her & she didn't run, just meowed at me again.

She definitely picked my yard or me...I don't know why.

Please take her to the vet. If she IS chipped, and I doubt she is, the previous owners don't deserve to have her back.

I want to...she does have problems...she has twitches in her back (only one of the reasons I think her tail has been broken)...I saw her whole head do that same twitch one time...kitty is kind of messed up. A cloudy eye that I'm sure she cannot see out of...and other things.

The first time I pet her I didn't think she'd live...I just thought I could make her last few hours on earth more comfortable by feeding her. I fed her soup 8-10 times a day because she couldn't eat solids and she couldn't eat much.

But if she's chipped, I will legally have no say in the matter...NONE! If the owner wants her back to beat her to death there will be nothing I can do.

With the trust building going on...I don't know how I would get her into a cat carrier...she gets very unhappy if I even pick her up.

But I know she has now experienced kindness with me...she seems to be getting used to it a little more each day.
No cop and no judge would make you hand her over. And the vet can verify her condition when you took her in. Take her. She needs pain meds maybe. Could have cat leukemia or some other horrible disease that will kill her sooner than later. I adopted two ferals. Evie....who is my loved one now....and Abby...who only was allowed to live here because Evie said so, lol. Both have been to vet. Both have cat leukemia and wil lnot live long but by golly, they are warm, fed, loved and give love in return. You are a good person, Thunk. Thank you for being kind to Kitty. Be kinder and get her some veterinary care.

If you see someone abuse an animal, keep in mind they may just as callously do harm to you or another person.
Assholes better make damn sure I'm dead, cuz I ain't that poor animal they may be abusing. I can fight back and will.
With that said..if I ever saw anything like you did, I would have stolen the animal. Period. But you were only 10 years old, so...I can understand your dismay and not knowing what to do. Being adult now, I bet you would do what I said I would do...steal it! :D

has anyone mentioned: veterinarian = $$$$ - they have become worse than flea's as a nuisance.

Forum List

Back