Do you have a very high IQ. ??

Again, it is understanding human intelligence that is the problem. Being an adequate person is not directly related to i.q., at least not from above about 60. Those under 100 are easily exploited and we should take steps to keep that from happening.
One thing to keep in mind is a sense of perspective. If we accept the estimation that a chimp might have a 40 i.q. and that the average human is around 100, then we should recognize that the highest measure in our species is more than twice above human average than the average human is above a chimp. Imagine living in a world where all those around you were so incapable of comprehending what for you was simple! We can understand the contempt a poorly formed personality could develop. This is another reason we need to better integrate what we know about testing and how it relates to life.
I found this to be an interesting breakdown among the states. I am only adding this as it supports that 100 IQ remains around average in the states. I read that 105 was the average IQ in Japan and China recently in a different article, but this one is still worth a look for anyone who is interested.
A pretty significant drop from Massachusetts -104.3 to Mississippi - 94.2.
Yeah, I saw that too. I might have just released a post that could preclude a few more street scuffles if those who live in the "lower states" feel this state comparison is some type of slam against them as people, instead of valid results or perhaps off slightly in some way...but still of course not racist. Everything being pegged as racist has led to the word becoming meaningless. Soon it won't be used due to its ridiculous level of overuse, and I hate to wish my life away but I do look forward to that day when it's no longer "a thing".

Yeah, I saw that too. I might have just released a post that could preclude a few more street scuffles if those who live in the "lower states" feel this state comparison is some type of slam against them as people, instead of valid results or perhaps off slightly in some way...but still of course not racist. Everything being pegged as racist has led to the word becoming meaningless. Soon it won't be used due to its ridiculous level of overuse, and I hate to wish my life away but I do look forward to that day when it's no longer "a thing".
Well, my wife is from here in Arkansas, and I'm from Ohio (born in NY), and I learned fairly early on about not stepping too hard on 'southern pride', ...Us 'damn yankees' have to know the difference between when it's okay to be smart, and when it's best to keep your mouth shut.

I mean it was tested by a real psychologist or teacher . You look at abstract things like math or science and it’s just easy and logical .
Maybe you grew up poor and never had a chance to go to college ?
You can watch ytube videos and put things together?

Clearly I don’t have a High IQ or I would not be dying away at a franchise in Vegas

Do you ??
I have an incredibly high Iq...so there

The U.S. government always or almost always revokes the rights of high-I.Q. individuals or "intellectual" who are seen on that basis as a threat or danger to themselves or others. It is extremely important from that perspective for the government to single out high-I.Q. individuals to keep them under heavy surveillance and away from women and children, almost as if they were on probation or parole.

"The U.S. government always or almost always revokes the rights of high-I.Q. individuals or "intellectual" who are seen on that basis as a threat or danger to themselves or others. It is extremely important from that perspective for the government to single out high-I.Q. individuals to keep them under heavy surveillance and away from women and children, almost as if they were on probation or parole."

This somewhat underestimates the intelligence of the intelligent. Wouldn't they already have anticipated such a government effort and taken steps to go around or through it?

This somewhat underestimates the intelligence of the intelligent. Wouldn't they already have anticipated such a government effort and taken steps to go around or through it?
No.
"Intelligence" is a perceptiveness or sensitivity to things and situations the government doesn't want the general population to be aware of.
To be "intelligent" is not necessarily to be wealthy or politically powerful enough to exercise one's own choices.

It's a good thing I am as dumb as a box of rocks, or I would be an Evil Genius ... :sleep:

No.
"Intelligence" is a perceptiveness or sensitivity to things and situations the government doesn't want the general population to be aware of.
To be "intelligent" is not necessarily to be wealthy or politically powerful enough to exercise one's own choices.
One need not be "wealthy" nor "politically powerful" in order to exercise his "own choices", merely intelligent enough to find the path.

A few thoughts on Intelligence Quotient ("IQ"):
  • When you are in your formative years, it is posited that your IQ is calculated as your intellectual age divided by your chronological age, times one hundred. For example, if you have the intelligence of a twelve-year-old and you are ten, your IQ would be 12/10 = 1.2. 1.2 times 100 = 120.
  • Every test of general knowledge, if properly administered, is an "IQ" test. To illustrate, imagine a compilation of 10,000 questions on all subjects - geography, history, math, grammar, sports, whatever. If you randomly selected a hundred of those questions to form a test, and gave it to a thousand randomly selected people, their scores relative to one another would chart out in the same hierarchy as their IQ's.
  • Intelligence is not necessarily related to knowledge, especially when looking at people of different ages. Many intelligent young people believe that they know "everything," but alas... Without "education," broadly defined, intelligence is of diminished value.
  • If you were in the Army and know your "GT score," then you can calculate your IQ because that is an IQ test (it is actually an average of two test scores). The standard deviation on the IQ test is 15; the standard deviation on the GT score is 20. That is to say, a 120 GT score is equal to an IQ of 115; a 140 GT score is equivalent to an IQ of 130, and so on.
  • There are systemic differences in average IQ among racial and ethnic groups. No amount of wishing or strategerie will eliminate the "performance gap" in public schools. Strategies to eliminate it are a fool's errand.
  • In my own family of five siblings, we have two with below average (sub-100) IQ's and two with IQ's over 140. So much for genetic determination. (No clue about the IQ of the mailman).
  • The Academicians who are most critical of IQ testing (and SAT's and ACT's) tend to have low scores themselves. Human nature, and all that.
  • In every trade and profession the individuals with the highest IQ's are at the top of the heap. That applies to everyone from nuclear physicists to bricklayers.
  • Very few people have accomplishments according to their potential.

I don't know my IQ, but remember when I was a kid I took what were called "The Iowa Tests" and only your parents got to see the results. But from then on, my dad would not be satisfied with my grades unless I got all A's.

I think books make you smarter.

My mother taught me to read at the age of 3. She started me off with Grimm's Fairy Tales. When I look at those stories today, I find it incredible a three year old could read them. Thanks, mom!

I've read at least ten thousand books. I used to read 3 to 5 books a week growing up. When I left to join the military at age 18, my parents' attic was filled to the rafters with my books. I never threw away books, and still don't. Eventually, I learned to give them away to libraries since you can't carry a roomful of books with you everywhere you go in the military.

I also never returned books to the local library. I would just keep them. I couldn't bear to give them back. Every new year, I and the librarians would go through the same routine. They would haul out this giant adding machine and add up my fines. They would push the keys on the machine, pull the crank, and the paper roll would inch out of the machine little by little. The scroll of paper would go all the way to the floor and crawl several feet. Hundreds of dollars in fines each year (when a nickel would buy you a Coke)! I would break out in a sweat.

Then the lady would give me a stern look over her glasses and say, "Let's make it one dollar and call it even." But the terms were that I would have to go home and bring back all the books.

This was an annual routine.

I damn near read that entire library. Novels, magazines, reference books, anything that had print on it.

I owe that library a wing.

For some reason, my voracious reading drove my stepmother crazy. Probably because her offspring were nothing but troublemakers. :lol:

When I was home on leave one year, I slept with my stepbrother's girlfriend. For revenge, my stepmother sold all my books including some first editions and kept all the money. Ah, well...

Last edited:
TikTok, Twitter, and all the other social media frighten me for our future. It has shortened the attention span of the users drastically. Social media is dumbing down America.

Well, my wife is from here in Arkansas, and I'm from Ohio (born in NY), and I learned fairly early on about not stepping too hard on 'southern pride', ...Us 'damn yankees' have to know the difference between when it's okay to be smart, and when it's best to keep your mouth shut.
That is true with women no matter where they are from.

TikTok, Twitter, and all the other social media frighten me for our future. It has shortened the attention span of the users drastically. Social media is dumbing down America.
They were doing the same things in TV production class in 1980.

I can't tell you how many times I had to bite my tongue when I was stationed in the Deep South.

They make some gorgeous women, though.

My aunts first husband's iq was off the chart----to high for them to test his iq fully at the time. You assume that because he was super smart that he was super successful and didn't do stupid stupid things you would be wrong.

He didn't have much money when married to my aunt although later in life he did become an overpaid prick college professor and crappy father. Before he made it this far though, he largely spent his time committing petty stupid crimes--his choice of stupid crime? Smuggling parrots and other birds in from south america and Mexico. He had all this brain power---but just couldn't make himself do the right more productive things with his "gift."

Yet you think he was smart. I'll say the whole story is bullshit.

Forum List

Back