Do you have a teenager?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
What kind of things are they 'into?'

What do they do for fun?

Mini EZ is loving her classes, she loves her comparative religion class, AP US History Class and her English class,,and is learning to love her German class.

For fun she loves anything Star Wars and Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino Movies, hanging with her best friend Leslie and of course playing with our 3 cats. She's back to reading novels for in her spare time, which is great!

Yes, and I am not one of them!!! :lol:

Mine are in college, one working toward a business degree, his brain operates like a entrepreneur.
The other is working on his degree in Physical Therapy. Ironically, until a few years ago, he wanted to join the Marines. A dream of his for at least 10 years.

Last edited:
All my kids are grown but I do have a teenage grandson. He's into church, fishing and hunting like most of the teen boys are around here. He also does alot of work on the farm owned by his girlfriend's grandparents.

My son is 18. He is into weirdo alternative music and is "Straight Edge" - no alcohol, drugs, or meat. He watches Wilbur, Children"s Hospital, and Conan. His girlfriend is in TX and they skype for hours at a time. He works 7 days a week and can skype from work. She keeps him company.

In one week he will be studying engineering at college, and his only anxiety is that he'll have no one to go to the weirdo concerts with. Go figure.

Oh and EZ, my kids are big Kevin Smith fans as well. He's from my home town.

My daughter likes music that is 'off the beaten path' and doens't eat meat either....and is drug free. She stopped hanging around a lot of kids she grew up with because they drink, smoke and get high now.

Hmmmm....maybe someday they will meet lol!

Daughter turns 16 on the morrow. Been dancing since she could walk LOL. Quite the ballerina- she was Tinkerbell in the recent Peter Pan recital. Auditioned for the Joffrey School when she was 13 (fail). Recently got back from a 3 week intensive at Interlochen, MI.
Always has a book going, in her 2nd year of French, loves cooking pastries, Good Eats, Monk, STNG... most days I wonder why we deserved such a dandy critter.

No, I don't have any children of my own. My home has always been the place where my friends have sent their kids to stay in order to not kill them. I've had teenagers for a week to months at a time.

Last edited:
I forgot the fun stuff!
Mortal combat with their Uncle two time zones away. Airsoft.
Soccer, soccer, soccer...playing, coaching and reffing.
Volunteerism.
And keeping their mama happy!!

Geeze louse! you folks have some squeeky clean kids.

That or those kids have ya'll completely bamboozled.

Geeze louse! you folks have some squeeky clean kids.

That or those kids have ya'll completely bamboozled.

I'll take #1 for $500 ed.

I trust my daughter and I'm sure the other parents trust their kids too.

It's good to see so many positive things said about teens, it seems all we ever hear is the 'bad stuff.'

Of course, mine is only 16 so I'm sure there's time for her to get in her 'hellion' stage yet! ;)

What do they do for fun?

Mini EZ is loving her classes, she loves her comparative religion class, AP US History Class and her English class,,and is learning to love her German class.

For fun she loves anything Star Wars and Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino Movies, hanging with her best friend Leslie and of course playing with our 3 cats. She's back to reading novels for in her spare time, which is great!

Don't tell me you're one of those parents with the "my kid is an honor role student at _________" pasted on your car...

What do they do for fun?

Don't tell me you're one of those parents with the "my kid is an honor role student at _________" pasted on your car...

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

I don't put anything on my car.

It's ok to proud of your child Nick......because they are a good person with good character.

And those parents that do have those bumper stickers must be proud of their child. It's better than a bumper sticker that says:

"My child made bail again!"

What do they do for fun?

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

It's ok to proud of your child Nick......because they are a good person with good character.

And those parents that do have those bumper stickers must be proud of their child. It's better than a bumper sticker that says:

Oh I didn't mean for my comment to be an insult...

Well, I personally find the bumper stickers to be arrogant.... Hey but so am I to some extent so I suppose I'm no better than they are by de facto.

Besides I was a pretty difficult teenager...

As far as school..

Well I remember a teacher saying: "you have the most potential out of any student I have ever had yet you throw it all away" then she cried....

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

Oh I didn't mean for my comment to be an insult...

Well, I personally find the bumper stickers to be arrogant.... Hey but so am I to some extent so I suppose I'm no better than they are by de facto.

I've seen some bumper stickers that said:

"My child can beat up your honor roll student"

Forum List

Back