Do you have a spiritual gift from God

"Each gift is its own journey"

I like that, and I agree we all have these gifts in due measure ... piety set me back a bit, then I looked it up, I should learn how to read ...
The Good Lord and I have daily discussions on my shortcomings. He keeps bringing things to me to remind me.

The Good Lord and I have daily discussions on my shortcomings. He keeps bringing things to me to remind me.

I'm up for doing the Lord's work ... did you make your bed this morning, young man? ...

Tie your shoes, blow your nose ... stop stealing your baby sister's candy, she licked each piece ...

I didn't carry you inside my body as a parasite for nine months for you to treat me this way ...

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

It is not up to me to say which gifts I have. Each gift is its own journey. I am probably at varying points along the path of each.
bing, you left out no.8 - you know, the subject of the thread ...
What is the most forgotten spiritual gift that God gives?

The spiritual gift of serving God as an unmarried person requires at least two things. The first is the power to do so must be "given" (Matthew 19:11) by the Eternal. The second thing required is that the person must be willing to exercise the gift and feel capable they can carry out what it demands (verse 12).

forgotten by who - ? - surly not a christian.

the gift of serving mr big as an unmarried person - - did you forget it ... old time religion, right up your alley.

- and somehow relates to homo sapien.

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

It is not up to me to say which gifts I have. Each gift is its own journey. I am probably at varying points along the path of each.

The spiritual gift of serving God as an unmarried person requires at least two things. The first is the power to do so must be "given" (Matthew 19:11) by the Eternal. The second thing required is that the person must be willing to exercise the gift and feel capable they can carry out what it demands (verse 12).

the gift of serving mr big as an unmarried person - - did you forget it ... old time religion, right up your alley.

Your gift is hatred.

I'm up for doing the Lord's work ... did you make your bed this morning, young man? ...

Tie your shoes, blow your nose ... stop stealing your baby sister's candy, she licked each piece ...

I didn't carry you inside my body as a parasite for nine months for you to treat me this way ...
If only it were that easy.

With that said, procrastination may be the devil's greatest weapon.

My Bible says:

"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Do you know what a eunuch is? ... it's not pretty ...

Be that as it may ... babies are the single most dangerous part of marriage ... very time consuming and that takes time away from Our Lord's work ... except that raising children IS the Lord's work ... but it's not for everybody ... if you can handle going without, go ahead; if not, "better to marry than to burn" ... and if you hate kids, best to go without ... damn ungrateful little monsters WILL NOT call you on Mother's Day ... brats ...

Being a good parent is also a gift from God ...

My Bible says:

"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Be that as it may ... babies are the single most dangerous part of marriage ... very time consuming and that takes time away from Our Lord's work ... except that raising children IS the Lord's work ... but it's not for everybody ... if you can handle going without, go ahead; if not, "better to marry than to burn" ... and if you hate kids, best to go without ... damn ungrateful little monsters WILL NOT call you on Mother's Day ... brats ...

My Bible says:
this thread is beyond belief - since when is being single an act of homo sapien as suggested throughout by the christians and their 4th century book.
1603761621728.png

if it has been a gift by your religion that "must be" for the ones not on the rope.

bing, it's your history not mine ...

My Bible says:

My Bible says:
this thread is beyond belief - since when is being single an act of homo sapien as suggested throughout by the christians and their 4th century book.
View attachment 407232
if it has been a gift by your religion that "must be" for the ones not on the rope.

bing, it's your history not mine ...
That's your sensationalization. I see it differently. But even if I didn't see it differently, I'm not sure why you think I should think it matters.

I don't see how you can read The Song of Solomon and think the Bible requires us to remain single ... if she's under 18, then that book violates Federal obscenity laws ... that's some steamy shit let me tell you ...

Wasn't Solomon the guy who had 700 wives? ...

I have the gift of having the sense to stay out of recently widowed women's beds ... a friend of mine passed and the damn heathen men were lined up at his widow's bedroom door the night of the funeral ... in case she needed "comfort" ...

I also have the gift of spotting nasty jobs and go do them ... volunteering at the animal shelter, I don't need to be told what they want me to do ... I just go do it ...

The greatest gift from God is of Wisdom ... I believe Paul espouses this somewhere in his epistals ... and this gift God gives us all by our own measure, and an amount to serve God's purpose ... we are all Wise to some degree, and as one of the less Wise among us I can certainly say it is a great gift ... (never mix charcoal and sulfur with your tree stump dissolver ... it will get rid of the tree stump ... just not in a Wise way ... if you get my drift) ...

The OP certainly has the gift of humility ... I don't, see my braggin' above ... God knows that's highly of me ... I'm very quick to forgive others, as I need so much forgiveness from them ...

Not sure I agree with the link in the OP ... God did command us to "go forth, be fruitful and multiply" ... cutting off one's genitalia seems counter that basic principle ... although I admit no great gifts of aiming ... [sigh] ... "I am a man, but I can change, if I want to, I guess" ... but if you think this is the way to go for yourself, have at it, just a word to the Wise, dehydrate yourself before you do this act, takes a few days of healing before you can shovel the tube up in there ...

I don't think I have a gift. Maybe sensing the best marijuana strain. I was just researching something else and came across that so, I asked the question. Thanks for replying.
your kindness is your gift, Drifter. You have a big heart.

My own gift? I think its two things..one of which can be a curse as well as a blessing.
1. I am an empath. I pick up vibes, emotions, pain, suffering, happiness, sadness from others. Either in their presence, or reading their words and then relive it along with them.
2. God gave me the gift to hear Him thru those which normally do not speak to us. Animals. Nature. Trees. Insects. etc. Maybe He knows how much I distrust human beings, so we chat via whichever animal approaches me/lives with me/loves me/makes its presence known in an odd way (wild animals).

I don't think I have any other gifts.

I don't see how you can read The Song of Solomon and think the Bible requires us to remain single ... if she's under 18, then that book violates Federal obscenity laws ... that's some steamy shit let me tell you ...

Wasn't Solomon the guy who had 700 wives? ...
never heard of it ... was it mentioned in this thread - no, not in your 4th century bible what you allude too. only for sinners.

the 1st century religious itinerant was to the end the example of your pity, surly they deserved what they gave him. were you there.

I was reading different things on the bible study website and came across this. Does everyone have a spiritual gift and if so how do you know what your gift is?
......]

I got a toaster oven.

I was reading different things on the bible study website and came across this. Does everyone have a spiritual gift and if so how do you know what your gift is?

"What is the most forgotten spiritual gift that God gives? How can it, ironically, also be one of the greatest blessings your church could receive?
Each Christian possesses at least one spiritual gift from God and no one is forgotten. The New Testament discusses how believers can be equipped to better serve the church and the world (1Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, Romans 12, etc.).

Gifts given to believers include healing, preaching, teaching, wisdom, and many others. Each one has had countless sermons given and bible studies written expounding their particular virtues and usefulness within the church. There is one spiritual gift, however, that is usually overlooked or if discovered is soon forgotten."

No gift that I am aware of. I had someone tell me decades ago, that I had the gift of accepting hospitality.

It was funny.

Witnessing Power, Acts 1:8 2.

Nope. I witness when asked, but I'm not sidewalk preacher, or anything of the sort.

Mutual Encouragement, Romans 1:11-12 3. Encouraging, Romans 12:8 7.

Not sure how that's a gift, but nope.

Prophesying, Romans 12:6, I Corinthians 12:10 4.

Nope, no prophets here.

Serving, Romans 12:7 5.

If you saw any of my attempts to cook food, you'd know I don't have that gift.

Teaching, Romans 12:7 6. Wisdom, I Corinthians 12:8 12. Knowledge, I Corinthians 12:8 13. Discernment, I Corinthians 12:10 17. Interpretation, I Corinthians 12:10 19.

I am no teacher. All I can do is repeat what others have said. I have no original thoughts.

Contributing, Romans 12:8 8.

I don't know exactly what that means. Every Christian should be giving to their local church, and they generally should give something to charity. If all Christians are doing that, then it isn't much of a gift.

Leadership, Romans 12:8 9.

I can lead a dog on a leash, and that's about it.

Showing Mercy, Romans 12:8 10.

Do not all Christians show mercy?

Spirit of Unity, Romans 15:5 11.

Nope.

Faith, I Corinthians 12:9 14.

Don't all Christians have faith? If you don't have faith, are you even a Christian?

Healing, I Corinthians 12:9 15.

Yeah, no. If I see blood, I get sick.

Miraculous Powers, I Corinthians 12:10 16.

Yeah, whose that got that?

Tongues, I Corinthians 12:10 18.

I don't know anyone who has this. I know people who claim to, and prove they don't. But I don't know anyone who has this.

Administration, I Corinthians 12:28 20.

Right.... This is why I use TurboTax.

Revelation, Ephesians 1:17 21.

I can read the book, if that's what you mean.

Joy, I Thessalonians 1:6

0.o

Ok?

New Topics

Forum List

Back