Do you have a spiritual gift from God

I'm still waiting for god to contact me.

Wow ... you've gone to church every Sunday of your entire life and not once listened to the sermon? ... may I suggest becoming a football fan ...
I've been to church, Sunday school, a Jesuit High school with catechism classes... Yet I've never felt the presence of god nor has god ever contacted me.

It might have been one of those numbers on your phone you didn't recognize.
I don't have a cell phone and only answer my land line if I know it's my wife or kids. Everyone else leaves a message. So far, no message from god.
Get a cell phone, then.

You're two thousand years behind the times.
So if I don't have a cell phone, god can't contact me? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
So if I don't have a cell phone, god can't contact me? Is that your final answer?
so your intent is to not be in contact ... and yet that is your request - pushing on the pull door will not open that either.

no one hears from mt. high as a requirement they are there just in case there is something to be judged otherwise they could care less, the same as you.

I don't have a cell phone and only answer my land line if I know it's my wife or kids. Everyone else leaves a message. So far, no message from god.
Get a cell phone, then.

So if I don't have a cell phone, god can't contact me? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
So if I don't have a cell phone, god can't contact me? Is that your final answer?
so your intent is to not be in contact ... and yet that is your request - pushing on the pull door will not open that either.

no one hears from mt. high as a requirement they are there just in case there is something to be judged otherwise they could care less, the same as you.
So I need a cell phone to be in contact with god? C'mon brah, get real.

I've been to church, Sunday school, a Jesuit High school with catechism classes... Yet I've never felt the presence of god nor has god ever contacted me.

Were you looking for God? ... hate to tell you this, but Christianity is a searching man's doctrine ... "seek and ye will find" ... do you even want to find God? ... for it is us who have to change to serve God, not the other way around ...

This thread has become a perfect example of what was brought up recently in the Feedback sub-forum, in regard to the religion section.

This thread is about spiritual gifts, not a debate on God's existence.

But pretty much every single time someone tries to bring up an interesting topic (like this one), it gets derailed by the same people over and over, who ONLY want to talk about one thing... the debate on the existence of God, or atheism vs theism.

Feel free to start a new thread! But this thread is about spiritual gifts.

I was reading different things on the bible study website and came across this. Does everyone have a spiritual gift and if so how do you know what your gift is?

"What is the most forgotten spiritual gift that God gives? How can it, ironically, also be one of the greatest blessings your church could receive?
Each Christian possesses at least one spiritual gift from God and no one is forgotten. The New Testament discusses how believers can be equipped to better serve the church and the world (1Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, Romans 12, etc.).

Gifts given to believers include healing, preaching, teaching, wisdom, and many others. Each one has had countless sermons given and bible studies written expounding their particular virtues and usefulness within the church. There is one spiritual gift, however, that is usually overlooked or if discovered is soon forgotten."

That reminds me of Samson and the purpose of his soul and his attraction to Palestinian women.

You are correct ... my apologies for the hijack ...

I like Paul's analogy to the human body ... the pancreas, right triceps and lower left adenoid all have their gifts ... but alone they are nothing, only when they work together, each providing their own gifts, do have something ... same with our communities, each of us with our gifts sharing with each other, we become a much better community rather than each operating alone ...

Thus "let not the eye sayeth to the foot 'I have no need of thee'" ... we all need each other ... each providing for the whole those gifts God grants us ...

Perhaps the OP should look to what part they are providing their community, and see that part as their gift ... [pronoun issues] ...

This thread has become a perfect example of what was brought up recently in the Feedback sub-forum, in regard to the religion section.

This thread is about spiritual gifts, not a debate on God's existence.

But pretty much every single time someone tries to bring up an interesting topic (like this one), it gets derailed by the same people over and over, who ONLY want to talk about one thing... the debate on the existence of God, or atheism vs theism.

"What is the most forgotten spiritual gift that God gives?
not spiritual gifts, the gift of not being married, 4th century version - is what the thread is actually saying ...
Those who wish to serve unmarried must be willing to deny themselves the blessing of a close relationship with another human in marriage. They must be willing to forego the benefits of marriage for the sake of the Kingdom, such as sex, the joy of having children, and having someone close to them to help them through life. They must be willing to suffer loss and focus on the spiritual side of life in order to serve the greater good.
^ the op alludes to the above as a gift - . :rolleyes:

excuse the actual 1st century inalienable spirituality events of liberation theology - than the manufactured, restrictive and structured obedience christianity has made them at their (buttercups) discretion.

Were you looking for God? ... hate to tell you this, but Christianity is a searching man's doctrine ... "seek and ye will find" ... do you even want to find God? ... for it is us who have to change to serve God, not the other way around ...
I'd like to find god, but so far nothing.

You are correct ... my apologies for the hijack ...

I like Paul's analogy to the human body ... the pancreas, right triceps and lower left adenoid all have their gifts ... but alone they are nothing, only when they work together, each providing their own gifts, do have something ... same with our communities, each of us with our gifts sharing with each other, we become a much better community rather than each operating alone ...

Thus "let not the eye sayeth to the foot 'I have no need of thee'" ... we all need each other ... each providing for the whole those gifts God grants us ...

Perhaps the OP should look to what part they are providing their community, and see that part as their gift ... [pronoun issues] ...

You don't have to apologize, I didn't think you were the one hijacking it. Maybe feeding the troll, lol.

I was reading different things on the bible study website and came across this. Does everyone have a spiritual gift and if so how do you know what your gift is?

"What is the most forgotten spiritual gift that God gives? How can it, ironically, also be one of the greatest blessings your church could receive?
Each Christian possesses at least one spiritual gift from God and no one is forgotten. The New Testament discusses how believers can be equipped to better serve the church and the world (1Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, Romans 12, etc.).

Gifts given to believers include healing, preaching, teaching, wisdom, and many others. Each one has had countless sermons given and bible studies written expounding their particular virtues and usefulness within the church. There is one spiritual gift, however, that is usually overlooked or if discovered is soon forgotten."

I think spiritual gifts (as described in the bible) is a fascinating subject, and I want to learn more about it.

I think I have the gift of discernment. But the weird thing is, I first noticed it before I became a Christian. For example, when Bill Clinton was running for president the first time, I knew very little about him, but the day he won the election, I had this overwhelming foreboding sense that he should not be in the White House. Then that same day, I predicted out loud that he would be impeached or finish his term dishonorably. And that is exactly what happened.

Years later, after doing lots of research, I realized why I had that sense, because he's a NWO globalist and as corrupt as it gets.

A gift that I would love to have is the gift of prophesy. I've had a few dreams that I believe were prophetic. So maybe that's a gift that I need to pray for more of.

I have the gift of having the sense to stay out of recently widowed women's beds ... a friend of mine passed and the damn heathen men were lined up at his widow's bedroom door the night of the funeral ... in case she needed "comfort" ...

I also have the gift of spotting nasty jobs and go do them ... volunteering at the animal shelter, I don't need to be told what they want me to do ... I just go do it ...

The greatest gift from God is of Wisdom ... I believe Paul espouses this somewhere in his epistals ... and this gift God gives us all by our own measure, and an amount to serve God's purpose ... we are all Wise to some degree, and as one of the less Wise among us I can certainly say it is a great gift ... (never mix charcoal and sulfur with your tree stump dissolver ... it will get rid of the tree stump ... just not in a Wise way ... if you get my drift) ...

The OP certainly has the gift of humility ... I don't, see my braggin' above ... God knows that's highly of me ... I'm very quick to forgive others, as I need so much forgiveness from them ...

Not sure I agree with the link in the OP ... God did command us to "go forth, be fruitful and multiply" ... cutting off one's genitalia seems counter that basic principle ... although I admit no great gifts of aiming ... [sigh] ... "I am a man, but I can change, if I want to, I guess" ... but if you think this is the way to go for yourself, have at it, just a word to the Wise, dehydrate yourself before you do this act, takes a few days of healing before you can shovel the tube up in there ...

I was actually looking up stuff about Eunuchs and just saw this which wasn't what I was looking for but decided to see what it is about.

That reminds me of Samson and the purpose of his soul and his attraction to Palestinian women.

Interesting about reincarnation part of the story.

Does everyone have a spiritual gift and if so how do you know what your gift is?
Start back at the beginning where one loves God with his/her being; and loves others as they love his/herself. Ask, "How do I best serve God and how do I best serve others?" What have I done to make myself the best possible version of me...and how do I give that back to God and others? A few questions one might ask oneself:

People depend on me for....
People call on me whenever...
(What gifts are you sharing and contributing)

Begin each day with this prayer: Here I am, Lord. Send me.

Interesting about reincarnation part of the story.
I know right, what if a gift is not really a gift in the sense that we think it is? What if the gift is a duty and a participation.

There is an interesting history of that reincarnation:

What Judaism Says About Reincarnation | My Jewish Learning

Get a cell phone, then.

irregardless an awareness, what actually happens when one's physiology expires is what matters and hopefully the persons spiritual nature through compliance does not expire with it. for those that would prefer to persist in the Everlasting.

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

It is not up to me to say which gifts I have. Each gift is its own journey. I am probably at varying points along the path of each.

"Each gift is its own journey"

I like that, and I agree we all have these gifts in due measure ... piety set me back a bit, then I looked it up, I should learn how to read ...

Forum List

Back