Do you have a lot of Coronavirus cases in the area where you live?

Me here in France as you could see we also have a lot of cases and in my region not so much in the big east of France a lot more but it is especially the capacity of the hospitals which is important, the hospital of Vienne Isère is 67% of its capacity for now.
yes, we do have them. nothing like I am told we have them in the next few weeks. My sister works for Harding hospital at Ohio Stte and the stories she is telling me of what they anticipate are truely horrifying. I may move her daughter in with me as my sister will have a much higher chance of exposure than I. If I could get to my boat right now I think I would just head out onto lake erie and fish till this shit passees.
Your sister is courageous, it is like as in war and the medical profession is not prepared for that

On the nightly news tonight, they interviewed a nurse who had served in Afghanistan and Iraq. She said this was worse than what she saw over there, especially because it was a war zone over there, and she never thought something like that could happen here. Doctors are working long hours and now, they are saying that the national stockpile of PPE is running out.

But, then again, a Republican was in office when we sent our soldiers into war without proper armor (Jr.). Now? It's another Republican sending doctors into a pandemic without proper protection (Trump).

Several in the Boston area but not on the level of NY
I think there are a lot of cases in Louisiana because of a parade that hasn't been canceled?
It is a tough to gauge why cases happen other than that it impacts the heavy set, older and unhealthy worse of all.
Not happening the same in Tennessee. the biggest age groups of the 2683 cases in the state are21-30 (637) and 31-40 (426) these two groups totaling 1063. 61-70 age group only has 308 and 71-80 only has 175.
Madison county, where I live has 13 cases now. A teen age grandson of brother-in-law has it and he is only 17. years old. It appears to be the people that get around the most and don't or have trouble taking precautions. Testing still a problem here. My son (EMT/Nursing student) worked the testing site of the health department and told of a woman coming in, whose baby sitter was positive, and one of her kids she brought with her had a cough, but they were not tested because did not meet all requirements as a limited supply of tests were available.

Over a thousand cases here in Broward County, S.E. Florida. Lots of old retired folks here. Between earlier visits from their kids, and the cruises, and snowbirds, well you get the picture...

Now everyone is careful, some real scared. A friend who works at a hospital says they are still managing. Hope it lasts. We’re lucky since folks have a bit of money here, so staying at home isn’t so terrible for them. The weather is fine, folks still take walks outside in gated communities, keeping distance and smiling to each other.

Gotta do some shopping tomorrow...

I think there are a lot of cases in Louisiana because of a parade that hasn't been canceled?

That was Mardi Gras, in February. Coronavirus cases started to show up a few weeks after that.

Do they celebrate Mardi Gras/Carnival where you are in France? It's very big in New Orleans, involving thousands of people close together and a lot of handling things like beads and drinks.

FoX News briefly showed the previously hidden graph on "Bill Hemmer Reports" today. Hemmer spent about ten seconds telling us that 48 states have Covid-19 under control while New York and New Jersey are an aberration. Then he resumed doing what all the networks and the Trump White House are doing, trying to scare the pants off of all Americans. He reported that the Dow fell another 1,000 points today. Is anyone surprised?

He did not mentioned Dr. Birx's assessment that is the sick and elderly that are dying. He went back to the horror stories coming out of New York, New Orleans, and Detroit while ignoring the rest of the country. He stressed the growing number of cases, but never mentioned the death rate in 95% of country.

Hemmer is only doing what the other networks and the Trump White House are doing.

The graph shows the real story. Brix presented the same data, but with each of the 50 states. The intent was to show how New York and New Jersey stand out. The graph can be seen here.https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...merican-lives/

Scroll down to the graph entitled "Cumulative Data per 100,000: All States." The graph shows that 48 states after three months appear to have Covid-19 under control.

This link also shows most of the country has this virus under control. United States Coronavirus: 214,836 Cases and 5,099 Deaths - Worldometer

Go to the graph showing the number of deaths. Eliminating the N.Y. metro area (N.Y. & N.J.), New Orleans (La), and Detroit (Mi), and it shows the normal death rate for the common cold among the elderly with underlying conditions. For example, California, the largest state in population, has 207 deaths in three months. The death toll in the graph is a cumulative figure over a period of three months.

Yesterday, Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."

That is why, when the media tries to scare us with increasing cases of the coronavirus, that figure is unimportant. The important factor is the death rate, the true measure of the lethality of a virus. Millions catch the common cold every winter.

It is a tough to gauge why cases happen other than that it impacts the heavy set, older and unhealthy worse of all.
Not happening the same in Tennessee. the biggest age groups of the 2683 cases in the state are21-30 (637) and 31-40 (426) these two groups totaling 1063. 61-70 age group only has 308 and 71-80 only has 175.
Madison county, where I live has 13 cases now. A teen age grandson of brother-in-law has it and he is only 17. years old. It appears to be the people that get around the most and don't or have trouble taking precautions. Testing still a problem here. My son (EMT/Nursing student) worked the testing site of the health department and told of a woman coming in, whose baby sitter was positive, and one of her kids she brought with her had a cough, but they were not tested because did not meet all requirements as a limited supply of tests were available.
Everyone gets it but those with major issues are usually the elderly or the unhealthy

The Shenandoah Valley of Va. Clear mountain sunshine and no virus. Earliest garden in years, onions in and doing well, taters in the ground today, asparagus just popping out and a pair of towhees at the bird feeder for the first time.

The Shenandoah Valley of Va. Clear mountain sunshine and no virus. Earliest garden in years, onions in and doing well, taters in the ground today, asparagus just popping out and a pair of towhees at the bird feeder for the first time.

Towhees have been here for some time now.

Me here in France as you could see we also have a lot of cases and in my region not so much in the big east of France a lot more but it is especially the capacity of the hospitals which is important, the hospital of Vienne Isère is 67% of its capacity for now.
yes, we do have them. nothing like I am told we have them in the next few weeks. My sister works for Harding hospital at Ohio Stte and the stories she is telling me of what they anticipate are truely horrifying. I may move her daughter in with me as my sister will have a much higher chance of exposure than I. If I could get to my boat right now I think I would just head out onto lake erie and fish till this shit passees.
I live in NW Ohio and my wife is a medical student at the local university hospital. They are holding most classes for medical students over the internet, the exception being for those, like my wife, who are on clinical rotation. You can't do that over the internet. You have to be there because that's the whole point of a clinical clerkship in the first place.

They have not been slammed yet, but they are preparing for the worst and training accordingly with special emphasis on PPE and communicable diseases.

Last edited:
I am in the SE MI hot zone. But not the hottest of the hot zone, if that makes sense. So that makes life interesting.

I live in NW Ohio and my wife is a medical student at the local university hospital. They are holding most classes for medical students over the internet, the exception being for those, like my wife, who are on clinical rotation. You can't do that over the internet. You have to be there because that's the whole point of a clinical clerkship in the first place.

They have not been slammed yet, but they are preparing for the worst and training accordingly with special emphasis on PPE and communicable diseases.
Ohio medical college? Toledo? If so you are realy close to me during the summer. I run walleye and perch charters out of port clinton in the summer. Winter I fish down south but have not been going the same place every year, still have not found that southern home base yet. Home base will be established when i figure out where I like to fish best. You ever wanna catch some eys let me know.

No matter what we are told about the number of sick and infected, what I know is that the hospitals are empty. The two people that I personally know about that are dead with a covid related cause of death are nothing of the kind. The 85 year old man was dying of copd anyway. The 21 year old man was dead of a fentanyl overdose before he got through the hospital door. I know that two hospitals are still largely empty.

The virus is worse somewhere else. It always is.

Deaths and Mortality

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017

FastStats - Deaths and Mortality

The statistics support what I am trying to say.

Eliminating the N.Y. metro area (N.Y. & N.J.), New Orleans (La), and Detroit (Mi), and it shows the normal death rate for the common cold among the elderly with underlying conditions. For example, California, the largest state in population, has 207 deaths in three months. The death toll in the graph is a cumulative figure over a period of three months.

Yesterday, Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."

That is why, when the media tries to scare us with increasing cases of the coronavirus, that figure is unimportant. The important factor is the death rate, the true measure of the lethality of a virus. Millions catch the common cold every winter.

Forum List

Back