Do you guys have live, televised lottery draws, or is it all done in secrecy?

In short, do you all have televised, "real" number draws for your lotteries, or is it done behind closed doors?

When I was a kid, we had a provincial Lottario draw every Thursday I believe, and at the end of a particular show they would set aside a minute and a half and the bouncing balls would drop and we'd all see the numbers. My mom would check her ticket right there as the numbers are drawn live. All legit and live for the country to see.

Now, we do NOT have this. Numbers are chosen randomly by a computer and we just trust that everything is on the "up and up". In a system which abuses and government power is excessive and unaccountable, this is of course, on it's face, a laughable and untrustworthy process.
What's laughable is anyone spending any of their hard earned money on lottery.

It's an "idiot tax".

I don't spend on these, but I'd do so once in awhile just for the laughs. I know people who have won the jackpot, believe it or not, worth more than $2M.
I have a friend that hit a jackpot with a scratcher ticket...he gets $2500 a week...I think for life.....and he is only 49....and he still hasn't taken me out to lunch once....LOL

We have a couple of those scratch types here, $1k a week for life.

I have seen $500, $1000, and I think $2500/week for life ($1, $2, and $5 respectively) in Massachusetts.

In short, do you all have televised, "real" number draws for your lotteries, or is it done behind closed doors?

When I was a kid, we had a provincial Lottario draw every Thursday I believe, and at the end of a particular show they would set aside a minute and a half and the bouncing balls would drop and we'd all see the numbers. My mom would check her ticket right there as the numbers are drawn live. All legit and live for the country to see.

Now, we do NOT have this. Numbers are chosen randomly by a computer and we just trust that everything is on the "up and up". In a system which abuses and government power is excessive and unaccountable, this is of course, on it's face, a laughable and untrustworthy process.

Well I would agree that live is always better. Still it would be hard to believe that its rigged for someone to win. In the realm of possibilities it is possible. There just is no reason to do it. There has to be a winner so it can be anyone. The State is still making money on this so why try to rig it. Now the odds of anyone person winning is astronomical and that is why you see them buying a ticket at every chance they get. The State is making money on this. Legalized gambling. Funny except for two states they outlaw anyone else from doing it. That is suspicious in itself. Saying it encourages crime and yet they do it.

Still the people want it. I just don't understand those gaming parlors that offer prizes. Is just playing on a human weakness to gamble?

In the Bay Area they used to show lottery drawings on a local cable network.
I assume it's the same for most states.

Well I would agree that live is always better. Still it would be hard to believe that its rigged for someone to win. In the realm of possibilities it is possible. There just is no reason to do it. There has to be a winner so it can be anyone. The State is still making money on this so why try to rig it. Now the odds of anyone person winning is astronomical and that is why you see them buying a ticket at every chance they get. The State is making money on this. Legalized gambling. Funny except for two states they outlaw anyone else from doing it. That is suspicious in itself. Saying it encourages crime and yet they do it.

Still the people want it. I just don't understand those gaming parlors that offer prizes. Is just playing on a human weakness to gamble?

We had a Home sweepstake lottery scam that went on a few years ago in Ontario. Then there was the infamous McDonalds Boardwalk scam.

When there is a will there is a way. Random Number Generators are just software. Software can be hacked or exploited from the inside and there are multiple ways to allow certain people or areas to win, not others.

It's an "idiot tax".
There are people who really can not afford it playing the lottery. Also there are neighborhood numbers perhaps using the lottery numbers.

It's an "idiot tax".

I don't spend on these, but I'd do so once in awhile just for the laughs. I know people who have won the jackpot, believe it or not, worth more than $2M.
I have a friend that hit a jackpot with a scratcher ticket...he gets $2500 a week...I think for life.....and he is only 49....and he still hasn't taken me out to lunch once....LOL

We have a couple of those scratch types here, $1k a week for life.

I have seen $500, $1000, and I think $2500/week for life ($1, $2, and $5 respectively) in Massachusetts.
We don't have any of those here in Kansas. As far as I know at least.

Forum List

Back