Do You Favor a Top Tax Rate of 100%?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
At what point do you think someone has earned enough money? Shouldn't anything over what provides a reasonable standard of living be taxed, even at a 100% rate? What point would that be?

There should never be a top tax rate of 100 percent.

Ask the libs here if they'd favor a 100% income tax on incomes over $100k and I guarantee every one will be for it.

I told you guys I wasn't a liberal! :badgrin:

Why not? Why is it fair for someone to make millions of dollars he cant possibly spend in his lifetime?
I have no problem with someone who built a better mousetrap having the world beat a path to his door and paying him billions of dollars.

There is nothing wrong with a natural concentration of wealth.

Would you like to see some of the many, many posts I have made on this forum against the bogus liberal "tax the rich more" paradigm?

They are good stuff.

obama's daddy favored a tax rate of 100% on everybody.
Well, we have a very high hurdle to overcome here. Every liberal who posts in this topic must approve a 100 percent top tax rate.

You have provided the name of one. And he's dead.

Why not? Why is it fair for someone to make millions of dollars he cant possibly spend in his lifetime?
I have no problem with someone who built a better mousetrap having the world beat a path to his door and paying him billions of dollars.

Would you like to see some of the many, many posts I have made on this forum against the bogus liberal "tax the rich more" paradigm?

They are good stuff.
But you're not a liberal, as you keep saying.
You're a greedy heartless hypocrite.

They are good stuff.
Receiving payment for a product or service is not greed.

If I sell astronomical amounts of a product, and become rich as a result, that is not greed either. It just means I made something an awful lot of people want, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, making things people want should be rewarded, not punished.

As my sig says: We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one. - Ronald Reagan

At what point do you think someone has earned enough money? Shouldn't anything over what provides a reasonable standard of living be taxed, even at a 100% rate? What point would that be?

I think government should confiscate everything everyone earns and give us all a stipend. We don't work for money, we work because it's what we do, so that way everyone will do what they do now and it will be fair because one person wont' have more money than anyone else just because they were lucky to be born smarter or born to work harder.

Obama backs me up on this: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

They are good stuff.
Receiving payment for a product or service is not greed.

If I sell astronomical amounts of a product, and become rich as a result, that is not greed either. It just means I made something an awful lot of people want, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, making things people want should be rewarded, not punished.

As my sig says: We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one. - Ronald Reagan
Yeah but we're talking about greedy Wall St banksters making money by flipping fraudulent mortgage loans. Surely you'd agree those people need to pay 100%

Meh I favor a voluntary 100% tax rate, let the liberal leftists lead by example...okay with you libs? No? I didn't think so.

Do you favor a top top rate of 0% ?

Forum List

Back