Do You Ever Have Trouble Understanding Your Emotions?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
Or is it just me? It might sound like a silly question but sometimes it's really hard for me to understand what I'm feeling and why. Or I have issues putting my thoughts into words and I'm often afraid to talk about it because I'm afraid that it'll come out the wrong way or I shouldn't be feeling them. I'm learning how to do that more and control them, but can you ever choose to feel a certain way or is it just the way your body works like it's as automatic as your breathing and heartbeat is?

Not at all. I can almost always explain exactly how I feel and why unless I am sick or on some kind of medication that messes with my head... Which ain't often.

Also, while we're on the subject, do you think we have the choice to love somebody or not. I used to think so, but I am so madly and hopelessly in love with my man that it was an involuntary but wonderful motion made from the heart. :)(And I actually think we can control our emotions we just can't choose them.)

Last edited:
No, I'm thirty-two,.. but at least no matter what I already know how I feel about liberal idiots like you.
If you are already this much of a mess menopause is going to ruin your life.

I understand my emotions I just don't always live my life by emotions. It depends on whether or not my emotions comport with my morals. For instance, if I 'feel' like hating someone, I know I need to think about whether or not that is reasonable. Most of the time it is not. It's better, a lot of times, to let the bad shit roll off your back instead of emotionally obsessing about it. Knee jerk emotional reactions are never good.

I understand my emotions I just don't always live my life by emotions. It depends on whether or not my emotions comport with my morals. For instance, if I 'feel' like hating someone, I know I need to think about whether or not that is reasonable. Most of the time it is not.

What if they're a libtard though?

What if they're a libtard though?
They have relative morality, not objective morality like me. It's difficult to have objective morality because it requires one to assess reality from emotions. Relative morality is fungible and does not require difficulty, you just change what morals you disagree with depending on your emotions.

Eureka I found my answer. This is why I have these problems a lot. (I also have trouble communicating my emotions and wondering why I feel nervous and worried about certain things.)

I think our emotions and feelings are just what they are. I think we sometimes want to overanalyze them. If I wake up tomorrow and feel a certain kind of way, it is what it is. There isn't necessarily some deep meaning to that. Maybe I am just reacting to something I ate the day before or the news or the weather or any number of things. Our feelings are our feelings. We however, can choose how to act, react or behave in light of those feelings. If you wake up and don't feel like going to work, do you still go? Yes, most people do. We can have the feelings but we do not have to be a slave to those feelings. The feelings don't have to be the primary source of our control

Forum List

Back