Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

Meh, those are unique circumstances that don't pertain to us.
well, as far as I know the true Catholic Church teaches that you cannot remarry.. not sure about actual divorce.. but in any case, a priest can answer those questions..

i know you're not Catholic but the CC is the Church Christ founded, which is why I speak on these issues...

In any case, there is no law in Church or state that says you have to be with that crazy pereson 24/7 --I'm sure you have a car...

well, as far as I know the true Catholic Church teaches that you cannot remarry.. not sure about actual divorce.. but in any case, a priest can answer those questions..

i know you're not Catholic but the CC is the Church Christ founded, which is why I speak on these issues...

In any case, there is no law in Church or state that says you have to be with that crazy pereson 24/7 --I'm sure you have a car...

I have my home, my dog and my Faith, that is all.

If you walked in my shoes you'd understand. Empathy is important, I've learned that over the last few years in particular.

One characteristic change I have noticed is a loss of humour. It's frightening when you lose the ability to laugh and joke around, I'm just perpetually jaded now.

Last edited:
I have felt that God had abandoned me. But that made me pray more and through prayer it was shown to me that i had sins that had not been washed away with the Blood of the Lamb... (just maybe "whitewashed" by yours truly) --sins I had been holding onto, albeit mostly in the subconscious part of me, bc, essentially, I thought they were no big deal

But here is why sin (all sin) IS a big deal. I can't think of a more compelling argument for saying that all sin is egregious than this little factoid

There is NO SIN IN HEAVEN

I have felt that God had abandoned me. But that made me pray more and through prayer it was shown to me that i had sins that had not been washed away with the Blood of the Lamb... (just maybe "whitewashed" by yours truly) --sins I had been holding onto, albeit mostly in the subconscious part of me, bc, essentially, I thought they were no big deal

But here is why sin IS a big deal. I can't think of a more compelling argument for saying that than this little factoid

There is NO SIN IN HEAVEN

There aren't sins I haven't paid for that I know of, and I'm being honest. In fact, I have paid for OTHERS sins. Some of the worst abuses in a civilized society.

There aren't sins I haven't paid for that I know of, and I'm being honest. In fact, I have paid for OTHERS sins. Some of the worst abuses in a civilized society.
I understand and have had the same thought, that I was paying (am paying) for others' sins... Again, you and I seem to have a lot in common, both circumstantially and spiritually.

But yeh... I am paying for the sins of others.. paying the consequences of them not following Christ as I try to..

And sometimes I even succeed! Hard to believe, but true...

But that's the thing... It seems once we succeed (or Jesus succeeds through us [to be more accurate]), we get kind of ... well, there is at least a tendency to get complacent.. to think we have arrived, spiritually... or however u say it.. when really, there is more work to be done, as per my post here... I felt God had "betrayed me" and prayed more and it was revealed to me that I was letting some of my sins get a pass, not working on trying to get rid of them (handing them over to Jesus).. I'm not saying tht that is the only reason I have such hardships to deal w/.. but

Who knows how or why God does (refrains from doing) things? Again, there is no sin-- not one speck of even the desire for sin-- in Heaven

B4 a reader of this post claims that God (or "your God") is expecting us to be perfect in order to get into Heaven, I will say this. He knows we are never going to be perfect, in an absolute sense... as in never committing even the smallest offense (say... not letting someone get in front of us on the on-ramp.. taking the biggest slice of a cake as opposed to saving it for someone else.. LOL.. etc..). But I have found that, while it is at first a struggle to give up all serious (mortal) sin, it is NOT impossible. What is impossible is giving up the small stuff... and who knows.. it could be that the small stuff, the accumulative effect thereof, is the reason for most people ending up in Hell?

"Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect" Mt 5:48

Except, whenever I tried to force the issue, call her cousins or police, se threatened me. Believe me as a guy in Canada, with my own distrust of the system, that fear was palpable and the threat was very effective in silencing me.
Dear shockedcanadian
I am sorry to hear you suffered this systemic abuse, both in the personal abusive situation and then the legal abuse and reaction that becomes multiple levels.

I also went through multiple levels of abuse BEFORE I found out what was really going on and WHERE all this abusive pattern and layers of abuse were coming from.

Like you, had I known this was already conditioned into that person, their family, and society and institutions, I would have avoided getting into that situation!

You and I didn't know this was going to get imposed on us as victims until after the fact.

Now that I learned where the abuse comes from, I am advocating, educating and promoting research studies into the solutions to prevent abuse from being repeated and imposed on other people, like you and me suffered.

The patterns of abuse were already repeating in those family lines, and these collectively repeat in our social institutions and society because people project their personal and family issues onto other relations.

You are basically stating the same thing that I ran into with the bullying abuse embedded and repeating on all levels so you had no way out. I was in a similar situation and I got blamed for the abuse that occurred.

The way to break the cycle of abuse and disorder is forgiving so you free yourself emotionally from the problems that come from other people.

The cure to removing the causes of abuse is the spiritual healing process that many different methods teach for full recovery of past issues, including overcoming generational abuse, Genocide, even sexual abuse and rapes and wars that otherwise carry forward in future generations like the wars and tribal racism we still see today.

Keep working on forgiving the past and redirecting your conscious energy and attention to positive solutions

If you hold on to anything negative from the past, that attracts negative energy and the patterns of abuse and victimhood repeat in your mind and in your relations.

You want to clean that out of your mind, thoughts, words and space so you only operate with clean positive energy.

You don't want bad fuel pumping through your mind that is like an engine and needs loving positive thoughts to keep running smoothly.

We can still hold people accountable for correcting and preventing abuse but WITHOUT the negative emotions attached. Forgiveness helps heal the bad memories, you can still use that experience to seek correction and teach from to help prevent others from falling into the traps of abuse that affected us and other victims. It becomes easier to resolve these issues and work with other people by going through the steps of spiritual healing to fully recover. Then with a clear mind, and better ability to communicate, more can be done to address and prevent the causes and All levels of abuse.

I'm sorry you ran into much the same, and it takes several layers and stages to overcome each incident where you ran into more and more opposition and projection of abuse blaming and imposing on you.

Glad you are out of that relationship and hope we can help each other with support to recover from the PTSD and other problems that this causes.

Give yourself time and don't be surprised if you still run into shocks and triggers, if you panic or suddenly have anxiety or reactions to people because of the past abuses. It takes time to diffuse and release all the toxic abuse that was dished out onto you. Let it go and it will eventually clear out by not adding any more to the pile.

Keep seeking positive focus and loving solutions and this will prevail and dissipate the negative remnants and memories of the past. I pray for your complete healing and clarity so you feel fully restored and don't carry any more anxiety or toxic energy from the past abuses.

Forgiveness allows us to deal with our own responsibilities and let the problems from other people belong to them not to us. We have our own issues to deal with.

Take care and keep posting and working through to release all the bad memories and feelings you got from this experience.

Use this board and social media to release and heal.

Take care, love and hugs from Houston
And more power to you!!!!

Love, Emily

Dear shockedcanadian
I am sorry to hear you suffered this systemic abuse, both in the personal abusive situation and then the legal abuse and reaction that becomes multiple levels.

I also went through multiple levels of abuse BEFORE I found out what was really going on and WHERE all this abusive pattern and layers of abuse were coming from.

Like you, had I known this was already conditioned into that person, their family, and society and institutions, I would have avoided getting into that situation!

You and I didn't know this was going to get imposed on us as victims until after the fact.

Now that I learned where the abuse comes from, I am advocating, educating and promoting research studies into the solutions to prevent abuse from being repeated and imposed on other people, like you and me suffered.

The patterns of abuse were already repeating in those family lines, and these collectively repeat in our social institutions and society because people project their personal and family issues onto other relations.

You are basically stating the same thing that I ran into with the bullying abuse embedded and repeating on all levels so you had no way out. I was in a similar situation and I got blamed for the abuse that occurred.

The way to break the cycle of abuse and disorder is forgiving so you free yourself emotionally from the problems that come from other people.

The cure to removing the causes of abuse is the spiritual healing process that many different methods teach for full recovery of past issues, including overcoming generational abuse, Genocide, even sexual abuse and rapes and wars that otherwise carry forward in future generations like the wars and tribal racism we still see today.

Keep working on forgiving the past and redirecting your conscious energy and attention to positive solutions

If you hold on to anything negative from the past, that attracts negative energy and the patterns of abuse and victimhood repeat in your mind and in your relations.

You want to clean that out of your mind, thoughts, words and space so you only operate with clean positive energy.

You don't want bad fuel pumping through your mind that is like an engine and needs loving positive thoughts to keep running smoothly.

We can still hold people accountable for correcting and preventing abuse but WITHOUT the negative emotions attached. Forgiveness helps heal the bad memories, you can still use that experience to seek correction and teach from to help prevent others from falling into the traps of abuse that affected us and other victims. It becomes easier to resolve these issues and work with other people by going through the steps of spiritual healing to fully recover. Then with a clear mind, and better ability to communicate, more can be done to address and prevent the causes and All levels of abuse.

I'm sorry you ran into much the same, and it takes several layers and stages to overcome each incident where you ran into more and more opposition and projection of abuse blaming and imposing on you.

Glad you are out of that relationship and hope we can help each other with support to recover from the PTSD and other problems that this causes.

Give yourself time and don't be surprised if you still run into shocks and triggers, if you panic or suddenly have anxiety or reactions to people because of the past abuses. It takes time to diffuse and release all the toxic abuse that was dished out onto you. Let it go and it will eventually clear out by not adding any more to the pile.

Keep seeking positive focus and loving solutions and this will prevail and dissipate the negative remnants and memories of the past. I pray for your complete healing and clarity so you feel fully restored and don't carry any more anxiety or toxic energy from the past abuses.

Forgiveness allows us to deal with our own responsibilities and let the problems from other people belong to them not to us. We have our own issues to deal with.

Take care and keep posting and working through to release all the bad memories and feelings you got from this experience.

Use this board and social media to release and heal.

Take care, love and hugs from Houston
And more power to you!!!!

Love, Emily
Forgiveness is difficult because I tried to do so in the past, many times, but some have no integrity nor respect for boundaries/civil liberties. All that has happened in the past allowed me to remain physically and further emotionally/verbally abused today. I try to follow Jesus teaching but a man has limits as to how many he can turn the other cheek with a smile. I've gone through hell.

Forgiveness is difficult because I tried to do so in the past, many times, but some have no integrity nor respect for boundaries/civil liberties. All that has happened in the past allowed me to remain physically and further emotionally/verbally abused today. I try to follow Jesus teaching but a man has limits as to how many he can turn the other cheek with a smile. I've gone through hell.
Important: Forgiveness does not mean allowing more abuse. People can "emotionally forgive" murderers but still follow the procedures to keep that dangerous offender detained in prison or even face execution etc.

If you have internal conditions where you, yourself, interact or invite abuse, like an "enabler" personality, then the spiritual healing therapy would be applied to you to address the conflicting conditions within your history to undo this pattern.

Forgiving others helps "clear your mind of mixed emotions" so you can think, communicate and protect yourself more effectively. It is NOT about ignoring, enabling, tolerating or allowing more abuse from anyone.

Did you have other abusive or imposing / coercive type authority or bully figures during your childhood, with your parents or teachers or family? Did you have any other past romantic relations with negative conflicts or was this the first and only relationship where this abuse occurred?

Walking through all the steps and history related to the abuse you have suffered will bring up all the other areas that also need to be addressed and healed.

In my family there were weird patterns on my dad's side and it manifested in two brothers who abused other people. I had to deal with abuse repeating in my relationships and to this day two other siblings have to avoid contact with the other brothers who stress them out. So the dynamics are not just one isolated person but can be interrelated to resolve all the factors contributing.

I suggest taking it one step at a time, and when you come to resolution and release of one factor, the next step will become more clear. Are there any parental issues of watching your parents exhibit imbalanced patterns of one parent being overly permissive or passive while the other was authoritarian or imposed their will on others by force, coercion or bullying?

Important: Forgiveness does not mean allowing more abuse. People can "emotionally forgive" murderers but still follow the procedures to keep that dangerous offender detained in prison or even face execution etc.

If you have internal conditions where you, yourself, interact or invite abuse, like an "enabler" personality, then the spiritual healing therapy would be applied to you to address the conflicting conditions within your history to undo this pattern.

Forgiving others helps "clear your mind of mixed emotions" so you can think, communicate and protect yourself more effectively. It is NOT about ignoring, enabling, tolerating or allowing more abuse from anyone.

Did you have other abusive or imposing / coercive type authority or bully figures during your childhood, with your parents or teachers or family? Did you have any other past romantic relations with negative conflicts or was this the first and only relationship where this abuse occurred?

Walking through all the steps and history related to the abuse you have suffered will bring up all the other areas that also need to be addressed and healed.

In my family there were weird patterns on my dad's side and it manifested in two brothers who abused other people. I had to deal with abuse repeating in my relationships and to this day two other siblings have to avoid contact with the other brothers who stress them out. So the dynamics are not just one isolated person but can be interrelated to resolve all the factors contributing.

I suggest taking it one step at a time, and when you come to resolution and release of one factor, the next step will become more clear. Are there any parental issues of watching your parents exhibit imbalanced patterns of one parent being overly permissive or passive while the other was authoritarian or imposed their will on others by force, coercion or bullying?
Without question, abuse has been a part of my existence since I was.young, usually by those who held positions of authority. This is Canada, not very progressive or introspective a nation and we are suffering the consequences because of this. As am I.

I've been through plenty of abuse. But one day, I decided I wasn't going to be abused anymore by anyone. That's not to say I decided not to put up with people's little quirks and sinful tendencies. I try to do t hat. But I can spot a person who lacks good will a mile away.

Is that why your views are so warped?
I haven't seen anything warped in his comments... except maybe he is willing to put up with his wife's egregious abuse?

But he may feel he has no choice? Only God knows

Forum List

Back