Do you consider Russia more European or more Asian?

I think Russians are less Asian then Finns and Scandinavians. Is there any genetic test or source how much Asian Russians are or you just assume it because of history?
The Mongols ruled Russia for two centuries. That's a long time to interbreed. Finns, share many of the same genetics. Most 'European' Russians share common genetics with West Eurasian populations

Russophobia at my former UNI​

Example 1

A UNI proffessor said "The difference between Russians and Japanese is that Russians are a little taller". He didnt said that Russians are Asians or how he means it, because you could say all humans are the same and some are just a bit taller or bigger then the others, he didnt said if he means it like that or if he means Russians are Mongols. But he said it that way and it has a slight negative connotation.

Example 2

A Uni collegeu we did school work together and he said in the past the Avars attacked us, the ones from the east, today we would call them Russians.

Example 3

Another Uni collegaue asked me why I dont live in Russia or ask for Russian citizenship and he tried to say in Russia I could not live, and need to be grateful that I live in Austria, or that Austria is more democratic then Russia. It has a negative association with Russia being a bad country.

Etc. Etc.

They are Slavic eastern Europeans who were never allowed a place at the table lol... Still pissed off about it. And no democratic tradition unfortunately.

Forum List

Back