Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?

I get so enormously tired of "scientific" types stating theory as established, proven, witnessed fact. ACTUAL scientists do it in the certainty that other scientists will understand the difference, but lay-twerps can't keep from conflating.

From your link:

"They have predicted how much it would have weighed, the number of molars in its jaws, the shape of its sperm, and the path that its carotid artery took up its neck. None of this comes from a fossil of the creature itself.
Instead, the predictions are based on 80 of its descendants, including some that are still alive and others that joined it in extinction."

In other words, they looked at a bunch of current and recent critters with similar traits and said, "I'll bet they all came from an animal who looked like THIS!"
Oh please....scientists consider evolution to be fact, period. No, you goobers are not presenting any actual challenge to the theory of evolution. Instead, you are embarrassing yourselves.
Not ALL scientists consider evolution to be a"fact".

Any real scientist who considers evolution to be a "fact" is not much of a scientist, for the simple truth that evolution is a theory. An unproven theory, although widely accepted as true but not a "fact". For that you would need proof, which does not exist..

'proof' is a mathematical concept- not a scientific concept.

Evolution is the scientific theory that best fits the evidence that we have for the diversity of life on earth.

Now let us compare that to any other theory that explains the diversity of life- I am not aware of a single alternative theory that has any evidence to support it- but I am open to examples.
Sorry, but mathematically there isn't enough time for the inert to turn into something living and then evolve into something very complex that then became diverse on its own. HOWEVER, there is needed only 6 days and a FLOOD to give us exactly what we now observe since ALMIGHTY GOD is the CREATOR of everything.

Tell us all Nipper- how after the "Flood" - how did all of the animals get from Mt. Ararat to each of their future homes?
How did all of the marsupials get to Australia? In a couple of thousand years.
How did all of the anacondas get to South America?
How did the lemurs get to Madegascar?
How did the giant tortoises get to the Galapagos.

And how did they all get to those places- and nowhere else?

Tell us your CREATOR accomplished that.

[Oh please....scientists consider evolution to be fact, period. No, you goobers are not presenting any actual challenge to the theory of evolution. Instead, you are embarrassing yourselves.

Evolution is not a fact or else we can all use it. Thus, you are wrong again. Atheists are usually wrong ha ha. We KNOW who the goober is.

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.
No, but we have the same old ancestor

Sorry Shazoom, you're a little behind. We have settled that part, i think... But welcome to the conversation!

Are you Jewish? And if so, why?
Jewish is not only religion...
I born as Jewish..
"Jewish" is not a race, it's a religion. Your parents are Jewish and because of that, you are Jewish as well.

You never had a choice. You were born into your religion and brainwashed from birth. Same with Christian and Muslim religions.

They usually don't have a choice.

I had a choice. because I never got brainwashed. And I studied many religions and their history. And my findings were that the big three were all corrupt and wrong. There is no need to believe in a religion if you are a righteous person. Just be a righteous person, and don't follow corruption.

And then the world would be fine...sans religion....
I have to disagree. I know people who where raised in a "Christian" home and believed that being born into a faith was all there was. The Lord doesn't care who your parents are! He wants a one on one. And I came to know the Lord when I was 12. I know Jews who felt the same way, even to the point that it was better to be a Jew and atheistic then become "Messianic" and have faith in GOD... Religion is not what true "Christianity " is all about. It's a relationship. Relationships for the most part are free; however, they do involve interaction and that is where prayer and research/study come into play.
If you were born into a Muslim family, would you still be Jewish/Christian?

Is it the religion that is right? Or the birthright that is right?

Here is something to ponder. Things are seldom what they seem.
What percentage of human DNA is shared with other things?

6 Answers

Xu Beixi
, loves Nature.
Answered Mar 24 2014 · Author has 4.7k answers and 31.1m answer views

It depends on what you mean by share.

What do you consider the premise of your study? It it genome size, number of genes, chromosome number, phylogeny, etc. etc.? What constitutes alike as to different?

Also, it doesn't help that we don't know what all our genes are for, how they're used, what proteins they make, and there are so many ways for post-transcriptional modification that we can't begin to figure all of them out.

Finally, to answer:

It is very difficult to find reliable data comparing the human genome to animal genome. The principal reason is that few animals have had their full genome sequenced. Even those that have cannot be easily compared in terms of percentages because the genomic length and chromosomal division can vary greatly from one species to another.

Scouring the Web, here is what I have found so far.

- Genome-wide variation from one human being to another can be up to 0.5% (99.5% similarity)

- Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans, depending on how it is calculated.

- Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs, 80% with cows, 79% with chimpanzees, 69% with rats and 67% with mice.

- Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans

- 75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans (source), 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans

- The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans.

- About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene.

Yes, we're all related due to evolution!

Had God Created Spontaneous Creation, we would not share those similar genetic traits.

Oh please....scientists consider evolution to be fact, period. No, you goobers are not presenting any actual challenge to the theory of evolution. Instead, you are embarrassing yourselves.

Any real scientist who considers evolution to be a "fact" is not much of a scientist, for the simple truth that evolution is a theory. An unproven theory, although widely accepted as true but not a "fact". For that you would need proof, which does not exist..

Evolution is the scientific theory that best fits the evidence that we have for the diversity of life on earth.

Now let us compare that to any other theory that explains the diversity of life- I am not aware of a single alternative theory that has any evidence to support it- but I am open to examples.
Sorry, but mathematically there isn't enough time for the inert to turn into something living and then evolve into something very complex that then became diverse on its own. HOWEVER, there is needed only 6 days and a FLOOD to give us exactly what we now observe since ALMIGHTY GOD is the CREATOR of everything.

Tell us all Nipper- how after the "Flood" - how did all of the animals get from Mt. Ararat to each of their future homes?

I am a firm believer in GOD's interaction with nature. Jesus did calm the storm. Jesus walked on water. GOD had a hand in cause and affect that spread out the animals exactly where He desired them to go. God brought them to the Ark according to the Genesis account. He dispersed them. I also believe GOD has given to each species the ability to survive and that means adaptability. Did Koalas always only eat Eucalyptus --- I don't know but He obviously brought them to a save place and that food was found there. And as the continents emerged or spread and the land bridges sank, each animal group was provided with a safe haven. As for your dinosaurs, I even believe they are still with us; however, since animals like man can no longer live hundreds of years, they never reach the sizes and proportion they once did.

No, but we have the same old ancestor

Sorry Shazoom, you're a little behind. We have settled that part, i think... But welcome to the conversation!

Are you Jewish? And if so, why?
Jewish is not only religion...
I born as Jewish..
"Jewish" is not a race, it's a religion. Your parents are Jewish and because of that, you are Jewish as well.

You never had a choice. You were born into your religion and brainwashed from birth. Same with Christian and Muslim religions.

They usually don't have a choice.

I had a choice. because I never got brainwashed. And I studied many religions and their history. And my findings were that the big three were all corrupt and wrong. There is no need to believe in a religion if you are a righteous person. Just be a righteous person, and don't follow corruption.

And then the world would be fine...sans religion....
I have to disagree. I know people who where raised in a "Christian" home and believed that being born into a faith was all there was. The Lord doesn't care who your parents are! He wants a one on one. And I came to know the Lord when I was 12. I know Jews who felt the same way, even to the point that it was better to be a Jew and atheistic then become "Messianic" and have faith in GOD... Religion is not what true "Christianity " is all about. It's a relationship. Relationships for the most part are free; however, they do involve interaction and that is where prayer and research/study come into play.
If you were born into a Muslim family, would you still be Jewish/Christian?

Is it the religion that is right? Or the birthright that is right?
It is the truth and fact that is right. And I know Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Jews who have awakened to the truth of Our LORD JESUS the Messiah and have become CHRISTIANS (followers of Christ). Only the TRUTH shall set you free!

Acts 8:26-40

26 But as for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, “Go over to the road that runs from Jerusalem through the Gaza Desert, arriving around noon.” 27 So he did, and who should be coming down the road but the Treasurer of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace the queen. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship 28 and was now returning in his chariot, reading aloud from the book of the prophet Isaiah.

29 The Holy Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and walk along beside the chariot.”

30 Philip ran over and heard what he was reading and asked, “Do you understand it?”

31 “Of course not!” the man replied. “How can I when there is no one to instruct me?” And he begged Philip to come up into the chariot and sit with him.

32 The passage of Scripture he had been reading from was this:

“He was led as a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb is silent before the shearers, so he opened not his mouth; 33 in his humiliation, justice was denied him; and who can express the wickedness of the people of his generation? For his life is taken from the earth.”

34 The eunuch asked Philip, “Was Isaiah talking about himself or someone else?”

35 So Philip began with this same Scripture and then used many others to tell him about Jesus.

36 As they rode along, they came to a small body of water, and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! Why can’t I be baptized?”

37 “You can,” Philip answered, “if you believe with all your heart.”

And the eunuch replied, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

38 He stopped the chariot, and they went down into the water and Philip baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, and the eunuch never saw him again, but went on his way rejoicing. 40 Meanwhile, Philip found himself at Azotus! He preached the Good News there and in every city along the way, as he traveled to Caesarea.

Last edited:

I am a firm believer in GOD's interaction with nature. Jesus did calm the storm. Jesus walked on water. GOD had a hand in cause and affect that spread out the animals exactly where He desired them to go. God brought them to the Ark according to the Genesis account. He dispersed them. I also believe GOD has given to each species the ability to survive and that means adaptability. Did Koalas always only eat Eucalyptus --- I don't know but He obviously brought them to a save place and that food was found there. And as the continents emerged or spread and the land bridges sank, each animal group was provided with a safe haven. As for your dinosaurs, I even believe they are still with us; however, since animals like man can no longer live hundreds of years, they never reach the sizes and proportion they once did.

Well like I said- you are entitled to believe any fairy tales that you want to.

What I find fascinating about yours- is that it is supported by neither science- or the Bible.

[Oh please....scientists consider evolution to be fact, period. No, you goobers are not presenting any actual challenge to the theory of evolution. Instead, you are embarrassing yourselves.

Evolution is not a fact or else we can all use it. Thus, you are wrong again. Atheists are usually wrong ha ha. We KNOW who the goober is.
The stories of the Bible are not a fact- which is why we all don't use them. Chreato-Christian cultists are always wrong.

Evolution is the scientific theory which best explains the diversity of life on earth. Not the fairy tales of the Bible.

Sorry Nipper but the world wide flood story is just a story. It didn't happen. Plant and tree life need light to survive. If all the trees and plants are miles under water all plant and tree life dies out thus providing no oxygen for the planet. That is all you need to know about the flood story.

You do know that there were many dinosaurs no bigger than dogs. As for dinosaurs living today, which ones are they? Unless you believe these dinosaurs evolved into the birds and reptiles of today.

The last few decades have revealed many surprises in the evolutionary chain.
Particularly among the birds, descended from the Theropod Dinosaurs (which includes the celebrated T Rex), a complex lineage which has many uncanny examples of convergent evolution. This means that many species long thought to have been closely related, have been revealed (by DNA studies, mostly) to be, in fact, very distant cousins.
A typical example: swallows (Hirundinidae) are very distant to swifts (Apodidae).

The 'Theory' of evolution is probably the most well-verified biological process we know. It is happening all the time, and, as with anti-biotic resistance, we humans are facilitating runaway evolution, to our detriment.

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

That is a fact....The evidence is very strong.

No Matty, it was not an ape. Apes evolved from that source, as did humans. Neither branch froze.
Technically, we are apes.

Correct. We are included with the hominoids, known as the great apes, which includes we humans, chimps. gorillas, and orangs.

Nonsense.

No more than a zebra is technically a horse.

We are RELATED to apes, but we are humans, a separate and distinct family.

We didn't evolve from apes, apes didn't evolve from apes, which would be absurds.

Humans and apes share a common ancestor, but that doesn't make humans apes.

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

No Matty, it was not an ape. Apes evolved from that source, as did humans. Neither branch froze.

Correct. We are included with the hominoids, known as the great apes, which includes we humans, chimps. gorillas, and orangs.

Included by whom?

First of, it's Hominid. Because hominids are bipedal, this excludes the great apes.

Hominids include Neanderthal, homo erectus, et al.

timeline.jpg

Included by whom?

First of, it's Hominid. Because hominids are bipedal, this excludes the great apes.

Hominids include Neanderthal, homo erectus, et al.

timeline.jpg

ape | Definition & Facts

Taxonomy Browser

Google the ncbi taxonomy browser

Enter Hominidae

New Topics

Forum List

Back