Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

I never said that.

I said a unique pattern is left. I never said that was a record of memories or experiences. This is you making shit up again
So what purpose does patterns of thought and behavior leaving marks on your constituent atoms serve?

But they aren't.

No two atoms of the same element are exactly alike.

Here's more of the proof I like to use

And you believe that this proves that patterns of thought and behavior leave marks on atoms?

No two atoms are exactly alike.

There are many different states atoms of the same element can assume.

There are differences at the subatomic level and the quantum level.

We can change our neurons by our actions.

These neurons are all made up of the same stuff but some of them will become better and better at conducting electrical and chemical signals than others. If these neurons become physically different but are still made of the exact same stuff of other neurons there has to be some kind change in the constituent parts of that neuron that allows the better quality conduction that results in what we call muscle memory.

So if an atom is an atom is an atom where do the changes in a neuron reside?
Again... you believe that this proves that patterns of thought and behavior leave marks on atoms?

Not exactly. While physically alive they are one. We are material and spiritual beings. The body can be examined by physical processes because it is material. The soul cannot be examined by physical processes because it is not material, it is spiritual. The physical you dies at death but the spiritual you does not.

This isn't religion. You are a material and spiritual being. Most people I know believe they are more than just matter. They believe that because they feel it. They don't believe it because a religion told them to believe it.
So now a soul can interact with matter again.

Please just pick one.

And remember I don't believe souls exist.

And you believe that this proves that patterns of thought and behavior leave marks on atoms?
Far more likely than some mystical realm populated with the immortal souls of everyone who has ever lived and souls of people yet to be born.

And you once again use the word prove when you have no proof of anything you are saying.

I have proof that a persons behavior and that includes thoughts because thinking is just another behavior actually manifest changes in the body at the cellular level.

For there to be changes at the cellular level there must be changes at the levels below the cellular level.

This is called a logical extrapolation that is grounded in actual proven science or a thought experiment.

and it makes ultimately more sense to me than the need to have mystical realms and spirits that both can and cannot interact with matter.

Last edited:
Far more likely than some mystical realm populated with the immortal souls of everyone who has ever lived and souls of people yet to be born.

So what purpose does patterns of thought and behavior leaving marks on your constituent atoms serve?
I never said there has to be a purpose.

That's you making shit up again.

What I did say is that the interconnectedness of all things past present and future which I believe to exist is manifested by the patterns left on our constituent atoms that then become part of something else just the atoms in our bodies were once part of something else.

So now a soul can interact with matter again.

Please just pick one.

And remember I don't believe souls exist.
You don't believe in souls because the depth of your being has decided against God.

The Church teaches that every spiritual soul is created immediately by God—it is not “produced” by the parents—and also that it is immortal: It does not perish when it separates from the body at death, and it will be reunited with the body at the final Resurrection.

Sometimes the soul is distinguished from the spirit: St. Paul for instance prays that God may sanctify his people “wholly,” with “spirit and soul and body” kept sound and blameless at the Lord’s coming. The Church teaches that this distinction does not introduce a duality into the soul. “Spirit” signifies that from creation man is ordered to a supernatural end and that his soul can gratuitously be raised beyond all it deserves to communion with God.

The spiritual tradition of the Church also emphasizes the heart, in the biblical sense of the depths of one’s being, where the person decides for or against God.

Last edited:

And you once again use the word prove when you have no proof of anything you are saying.

I have proof that a persons behavior and that includes thoughts because thinking is just another behavior actually manifest changes in the body at the cellular level.

For there to be changes at the cellular level there must be changes at the levels below the cellular level.

This is called a logical extrapolation that is grounded in actual proven science or a thought experiment.

and it makes ultimately more sense to me than the need to have mystical realms and spirits that both can and cannot interact with matter.
Again... cells are atomic. Your beliefs calls for atoms to be altered. As atoms are material, you ought to be able to prove that.

I never said there has to be a purpose.

That's you making shit up again.

What I did say is that the interconnectedness of all things past present and future which I believe to exist is manifested by the patterns left on our constituent atoms that then become part of something else just the atoms in our bodies were once part of something else.
So you believe there that patterns of thought and behavior that leave marks on atoms serve no purpose and have no effect whatsoever.

Seems like an odd thing to discover unless it was actually observed from studying an atom.

Think about it. Unless there was some reason for thinking that patterns of thought and behavior leave marks on atoms (which apparently there isn't because it literally has zero effect on anything) or unless you observed them while studying an atom, you would have had no reason whatsoever to even think about it.

But you have decided against God.

The Church teaches that every spiritual soul is created immediately by God—it is not “produced” by the parents—and also that it is immortal: It does not perish when it separates from the body at death, and it will be reunited with the body at the final Resurrection.

Sometimes the soul is distinguished from the spirit: St. Paul for instance prays that God may sanctify his people “wholly,” with “spirit and soul and body” kept sound and blameless at the Lord’s coming. The Church teaches that this distinction does not introduce a duality into the soul. “Spirit” signifies that from creation man is ordered to a supernatural end and that his soul can gratuitously be raised beyond all it deserves to communion with God.

The spiritual tradition of the Church also emphasizes the heart, in the biblical sense of the depths of one’s being, where the person decides for or against God.

I don't care if gods exist or not. As yet no one has proven to me that gods exist. I'm not an atheist but I'm not a believer either.

And what does my belief or disbelief have to do with souls?

The idea of a soul predates Christianity and the Old Testament.

So you believe there that patterns of thought and behavior that leave marks on atoms serve no purpose and have no effect whatsoever.

Seems like an odd thing to discover unless it was actually observed from studying an atom.

Think about it. Unless there was some reason for thinking that patterns of thought and behavior leave marks on atoms (which apparently there isn't because it literally has zero effect on anything) or unless you observed them while studying an atom, you would have had no reason whatsoever to even think about it.
Look you're the one who used the word purpose not me.

Why do the patterns we leave on our bodies have to have a purpose? It is just something that happens as we live our lives we do nor consciously choose to make those changes.

You may have the idea that everything must have a purpose and you cannot even begin to imagine that there is anything that doesn't. I do not limit myself with such confined thinking.

And it is YOU who never had reason to think about it so YOU cannot fathom that someone else might think of it for reasons of their own.

I already told you that I believe that there is an interconnectedness of all things past present and future and I used scientific facts to start a thought experiment.

And using a logical approach I came up with a theory. A theory that does not contradict the laws of physics at all.

Can I prove it? No

Can you prove the soul exists? No.

And you are the one stuck on the word mark. I use the word patterns. These patterns could be a vibrational quality or an electron that is slightly more excitable or it could be a change in shape of the electron cloud of an atom it could be a quantum level difference. But since our behaviors can and do make real changes at the cellular level of our bodies then it is perfectly logical to extrapolate that there are also changes below the cellular level as well.

Last edited:
Again... cells are atomic. Your beliefs calls for atoms to be altered. As atoms are material, you ought to be able to prove that.
really?

So you know of some technology in existence that has the ability to view subatomic and possibly even quantum scale particles with great enough resolution so these infinitesimally small changes can be seen?

Please post a link for me.

I don't care if gods exist or not. As yet no one has proven to me that gods exist. I'm not an atheist but I'm not a believer either.

And what does my belief or disbelief have to do with souls?

The idea of a soul predates Christianity and the Old Testament.
You've put God on trial and judged him guilty of being unworthy. As a result you have hardened your heart to God and decided against him.

Look you're the one who used the word purpose not me.

Why do the patterns we leave on our bodies have to have a purpose? It is just something that happens as we live our lives we do nor consciously choose to make those changes.

You may have the idea that everything must have a purpose and you cannot even begin to imagine that there is anything that doesn't. I do not limit myself with such confined thinking.

And it is YOU who never had reason to think about it so YOU cannot fathom that someone else might think of it for reasons of their own.

I already told you that I believe that there is an interconnectedness of all things past present and future and I used scientific facts to start a thought experiment.

And using a logical approach I came up with a theory. A theory that does not contradict the laws of physics at all.

Can I prove it? No

Can you prove the soul exists? No.

And you are the one stuck on the word mark. I use the word patterns. These patterns could be a vibrational quality or an electron that is slightly more excitable or it could be a change in shape of the electron cloud of an atom it could be a quantum level difference. But since our behaviors can and do make real changes at the cellular level of our bodies then it is perfectly logical to extrapolate that there are also changes below the cellular level as well.
No. I'm stuck on why you would even think patterns of thought and behavior leave imprints on atoms. You keep pointing to chemical processes of complex molecules but never make the connection to atoms or why you would even think that patterns of thought and behavior leave imprints on atoms in the first place.

Last edited:
really?

So you know of some technology in existence that has the ability to view subatomic and possibly even quantum scale particles with great enough resolution so these infinitesimally small changes can be seen?

Please post a link for me.
Now you are dropping down to subatomic? You haven't even made the connection to atoms yet.

Everything is interconnected but it's not because patterns of thought and behavior leave imprints on atoms. There's no data, rationale or mechanism in place that supports that.

Plants aren't conscious

When you have a conversation with a plant let me know how it explains its own existence.

half the life forms on planet earth - are not conscious ... according to - - > b man

1638324718874.png

the spoken religion of antiquity is similarly associated with visual representations, the latter being paramount in spiritual recognition. to explain their existence.

without the physical optic nerve of fauna, flora is the more remarkable of the two - visual representations of spiritual content.

Now you are dropping down to subatomic? You haven't even made the connection to atoms yet.

Everything is interconnected but it's not because patterns of thought and behavior leave imprints on atoms. There's no data, rationale or mechanism in place that supports that.
What are atoms made of?

Subatomic particles. If the atom is changed in anyway then the subatomic particles must likewise reflect those changes.

By definition any pattern left on an atom must be smaller than the atom. If the pattern left was some more excitieable electrons that is a subatomic pattern. If the change was of a vibrational quality then that is also subatomic.

You really can't think in the abstract can you?

You've put God on trial and judged him guilty of being unworthy. As a result you have hardened your heart to God and decided against him.
No I am completely indifferent to the existence of gods.

I have told you this many times.

I don't think it matters of gods exist or not. Besides that, there is no proof that they do.

I would no sooner kneel before a god as I would another man.

Last edited:

And there is a mechanism for a magic realm of spirits and immortal souls that both can and connot interact with matter and that there is an inexhaustible supply of these immortal souls just waiting to be plugged into every person that will be born?

And we already know that no 2 atoms are exactly alike even though you want to ignore that fact. So what makes atoms of the same element slightly different?

Since you think everyhting has to have a purpose, what is the "purpose" of that?

What are atoms made of?

Subatomic particles. If the atom is changed in anyway then the subatomic particles must likewise reflect those changes.

By definition any pattern left on an atom must be smaller than the atom. If the pattern left was some more excitieable electrons that is a subatomic pattern. If the change was of a vibrational quality then that is also subatomic.

You really can't think in the abstract can you?
You are describing a material process for which there is no evidence of or even an hypothesis for how it would physically occur or why.

Do you have any links to a scientific paper for this?

Forum List

Back