Do You Agree?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Can you name some current laws that don't apply to Congress? Where is the problem?

Can you name some current laws that don't apply to Congress? Where is the problem?
Grand Theft.

The amendment seems rather liberal to me. Does it mean everybody can quit their job and get the annual $174,000 pay plus benefits that congress voted for itself?

I refuse to sink to their level. I can see that by holding a leadership position, they should be held to a higher standard actually. So, I guess I disagree to an extent.

I refuse to sink to their level. I can see that by holding a leadership position, they should be held to a higher standard actually. So, I guess I disagree to an extent.

So you'd rather they be above the law, and have no accountability.

I propose that the 111th congress make no legislation for the next 8 months ;)

I still see nobody providing examples of laws that do not apply to Congress.

Our Constitution is our most important legal document. It does not need to be cluttered with meaningless, petty grievances

liar_liar_pants_on_fire_mousepad-p144824612005737975trak_400.jpg

liar_liar_pants_on_fire_mousepad-p144824612005737975trak_400.jpg

I'm still waiting.........

I take your response as an admission that you have nothing

How about not having to pay for postage on "official business"?

How about traffic laws when they are on their way to a vote?

How about a little thing called Congressional Immunity?
Law.com - Defamation Suit to Draw Lines on Congressional Immunity

Speech or Debate Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I decide you had puffed your chest out long enough. I was going to wait until tonight, but your just too tempting a target. :lol:

][/quote]

I'm still waiting.........

I take your response as an admission that you have nothing[/QUOTE]

How about not having to pay for postage on "official business"?

How about traffic laws when they are on their way to a vote?

How about a little thing called Congressional Immunity?
[url=http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202426119406&rss=newswire]Law.com - Defamation Suit to Draw Lines on Congressional Immunity[/url]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_or_Debate_Clause]Speech or Debate Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

I decide you had puffed your chest out long enough. I was going to wait until tonight, but your just too tempting a target. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thankyou saveliberty

Nice to see someone actually back up their position. So lets see what we have:

1. How about not having to pay for postage on "official business"?

[B]Petty and not worth a Constitutional Amendment[/B]

2. How about traffic laws when they are on their way to a vote?

[B]Another petty complaint that is not worthy of changing our Constitution[/B]

3. How about a little thing called Congressional Immunity?

[B] Now you are getting closer. It is not clear from what you posted what the scope and impact of immunity from lawsuits for actions in performance of your job. It could open up a can of worms where each legislator would be bombarded by lawsuits in order to harrass them. Still not clear evidence of Congressional abuse [/B]

4. Speech or Debate Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[B] The intended purpose is to prevent a President or other officials of the executive branch from having members arrested on a pretext to prevent them from voting a certain way or otherwise taking actions with which the President might disagree.

Still looks like a protection we would want to maintain [/B]

But I do thank saveliberty for actually backing up his statements. I do not see anything so far in terms of Congressional abuse that we need to modify the Constitution​

[/quote]
I thought you people hated 'feel-good laws' that already exist and do nothing?

Forum List

Back