Do You Agree With Anne Coulter's Views & Beliefs On The Marijuana Issue?

Marijuana should be supported by conservatives and libertarians.

The issue is freedom to act and liberty to choose allied to personal accountability.

Republicans need to wise up on the pot issue.

Not only are they wrong, they're hurting the cause of freedom in this Country.

They conflate pot with other, actually very harmful, drugs and foolishly believe that pot is a 'gateway' drug.

The biggest reason pot might be a gateway drug is that the only place you can get it is from drug dealers.

Republicans are just wrong on this issue

The issue is freedom to act and liberty to choose allied to personal accountability.

Libertarians do support it, so why bring them up, particularly in a discussion involving Ann Coulter who is a not a Libertarian? In fact, Libertarians have been pushing this issue for a couple decades now. Some Democrats just recently started catching on and it's primarily conservatives and some factions of the left that are still pushing back on this.

i quite frankly couldn't care less about marijuana. if people want to waste their lives with it, Id encourage them not to but i dont think my time or money should be wasted putting them in jail. They are the ones who have to suffer with it.

Nope.

She hired him. She should have done a better job of picking her household staff. Evidently, he did not fulfill the contract. She should not have paid him.

As for pot, I don't use it and would not if it was legal. I say legalize it and tax it like tobacco.

"Potheads are incapable of following simple instructions". It sounds simple and logical even though Huffington decided to twist it into "the pool guy didn't clean her pool". The radical left is so desperate these days that they twist simple statements into ugly things and sometimes intentionally lie as they did with Huckabee. It beats talking about real issues anyway.

Republicans need to wise up on the pot issue.

Not only are they wrong, they're hurting the cause of freedom in this Country.

They conflate pot with other, actually very harmful, drugs and foolishly believe that pot is a 'gateway' drug.

The biggest reason pot might be a gateway drug is that the only place you can get it is from drug dealers.

Republicans are just wrong on this issue

I too wish the Republican party would drop its restictive stance on certain consenual activity like ingesting cannabis.

Of course, some Republicans have done just that:

Rand Paul:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F28nKtVApeM]Rand Paul On Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

Rick Perry:
Texas Gov. Perry shocks some with comments on marijuana

Chris Christy has shown promise:
Christie seeks changes in New Jersey medical marijuana bill - CNN.com

An article in National Review:
Sensible on Weed | National Review Online

Not too long ago, the great Milton Friedman and even William F Buckley railed against prohibition.

A start...

I believe that any actions undertaken by consenting adults that neither harm nor take from another is nobody else's business, particularly the governments.

Absolutely. Voluntary exchange/action, regard for the principles of non-aggression and minding ones own business are the fundamentals of the libertarian view. I still find it humorous though that if we were to talk about, say, cocaine or heroin, LOLberals and conservatives are generally against the decriminalization, and legal exchange markets for those products.

Ultimately, the one thing that conservativesa dn LOLberals absolutely agree upon is that THEY have the insider knowledge to determine what someone else should do with their own body. That's kind of the laymen version of a Statist. That and unadulterated hypocrisy.

This is not a freedom to choose issue. Once you light that thing up you can't control which way the wind is blowing and who else will get that crap in their lungs. Your "freedom to choose" doesn't' extend to my lungs as well.

Last edited:

This is not a freedom to choose issue. Once you light that thing up you can't control which way the wind is blowing and who else will get that crap in their lungs. Your "freedom to choose" doesn't' extend to my lungs as well.

Oh I'll bet you get a lot more Nitrogen Oxide in your lungs than THC.

:eusa_whistle:

It's all a schtick. She's flames about a controversial subject knowing Huff post will pick it up and the beat goes on and on.

BTW, Coulter loves the Dead and has been to many Gratefull Dead concerts throughout the years. So if one to believe her comments about potheads as useless drags on society, taake it with a grain of salt.
Her favorite type of music are jambands.

She is a fan of several jam bands, such as the Grateful Dead, the Dave Matthews Band, and Phish

Ann Coulter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone who thinks pot has no ill effects or does not affect other people is dreaming.

We'll see how Colorado fares in this. It is an experiment. But all such experiments have ended in failure, with increasing restrictions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Forum List

Back