CDZ Do you agree that, only through government, can people...

Ok, but why did we resist Israel when it came to arming itself in a sea of danger surrounding it ???? I see what your saying about the strategy to equal out the sides in hopes to keep them from jumping at each other, but that was a failed strategy looking back now correct ?
Yes, it was a failed policy. But, at the time, very few people thought Israel would survive and very few people, outside of the Jewish community, wanted it to survive.

Both Britain and the United States resisted the idea of a Jewish state after World War 2. No one wanted the headache Jewish State of Israel become a reality. Arab oil was had become important to the post-War economy and the Arab states were becoming an important voting bloc in the newly-formed UN. The US couldn't openly resist the idea of the Jewish State because of the risk of alienating Jewish voters. Additionally, as the horrors of The Holocaust were made public, it became unfashionable (for a while) to express any openly antisemitic opinions.

By, publicly appearing to support the idea of a Jewish State (by voting in favor of partition), then actively working to make sure it didn't survive (by denying it weapons), they could appease both Jews at home and Arabs abroad.

Unfortunately for them, Israel not only survived, but became a strong nation with a robust economy. It took nearly 20 years, and a major Israel victory over The Arabs to convince America to change its position to Israel and openly support the Jewish State.

But, at the time, very few people thought Israel would survive and very few people, outside of the Jewish community, wanted it to survive.

So true! It's always been widely known that Jewsh people are disliked throughout the world and not just by Arabs who have a just cause.. Jews are roundly disliked by people of all religious persuasions for some reason or reasons. Why is that so true?

I must say though that I have nothing in particular against Jews as a religious faction, as long as they don't adopt extremist policies that reflect Zionism, racism, and hating of others.

Why has Zionism adopted a policy of apartheid against the totally innocent Palestinian people?

It's in such a state now, that Jews are being accused of making passover pastries filled with the blood of Palestinian children!!

...realize their true potential and achieve their shared destiny?

If so, why do you believe such?
I though government is suppose to stay out of a citizen's way to allow a person to reach his potential.

Is that why our founders insisted on a public school system? I guess the corollary to this question is do you believe government plays no role in helping a society reach their potential.

so without central planning of the water, land, irrigation, crops... any farming is doomed to fail...

Dude, you're just making this shit up as you go. You've made numerous statements of fact that I easily debunked. You claim that central planning by an all-powerful government bureaucracy is "better" than simply letting private individuals figure out their own thing. Why do you think China abandoned communism and it's failing "central planning" in favor of private ownership under fascist authoritarianism? I'll tell you why - because central planning by government bureaucrats SUCKS. Do you think the Chinese government has any plan to revert to "central planning" anytime soon?

Seriously, you live in some alternative narrative and NOT in reality.

The Leftest don't understand that much too often the "central planning" by someone else robs an individual of their potential and their Liberty. It can be very oppressive as we have seen in many countries. It certainly destroys economies.

Collectivism may work great in a bee hive but humans are not insects.

I trust private enterprise, working to make a profit, to supply quality goods and services at the lowest possible price to any non caring bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups.

Just look at Joe Biden being owned by the Chinese as an example. He will be working to payback China for the money they gave Hunter rather than working for the interest of the American people. He also owes Russia for the millions the Moscow Mayor's wife gave him and then we know about the debt he owes the Ukrainians for that dream job Hunter got.

and how you planning to figure out if it is a quality product or not... :)
i guess you will look at the packaging to figure that out... :D
That's the easiest thing in the world. You know a quality product by examining it, and reading reviews or talking to people who have bought it. If I buy a shirt and it fades or falls apart shortly after I buy it, I'll never buy another shirt from that company again. I bought a GM car a couple of decades ago on which small, inexpensive parts were always breaking. After getting rid of it, I bought from other manufacturers, I just decided to give GM another chance to see if they have improved their product. When given a choice people buy superior products and companies that provide inferior products fail. That's why Japan made such headway into the US markets during the seventies and eighties. Japan Inc made quality synonymous with Japanese products and nearly killed off the American domestic auto and electronic industries.

you should check what "antitrust" means...
you are not even aware all of that what you describing is essentially a result of a functioning government... :D

I though government is suppose to stay out of a citizen's way to allow a person to reach his potential.

Is that why our founders insisted on a public school system? I guess the corollary to this question is do you believe government plays no role in helping a society reach their potential.
If government becomes highjacked, and forms a deep state hell bent on controlling things for nefarious reason's, then in no way can it help a society reach it's potential any longer, but it can control it's outcomes after creating a dependent populace gullable enough to let it get away with it.

The OP to begin with wasn't worded in a way that could make any sense.
It was created with the intention of spamming and should have been eliminated from the CDZ.

Also, the constitution says you can spread at will a disease during a pandemic?

So you support the concept that the government can suspend a citizen's rights over any "crisis". I disagree.
Any "crisis"?

Is this pandemic which has killed 340,000 people in 9 months "any"?

"Any" would be your made up vote fraud bullshit.
340,000 out of a population of 330,000,000.
And they act like it is covid exclusive and ignore all of the pre existing chronic illnesses. The definition of a covid death is absurd.

And they act like it is covid exclusive and ignore all of the pre existing chronic illnesses. The definition of a covid death is absurd.

The Trump cause for denial is dead with Trump. Why not try to be one of the first of his followers to get over it?

If you want to try to debate the reality of the Covid pandemic then do so in a way that will invite some sort of logical debate.

I'll take part with you and I'm sure you will get some others, both sincere and spammers. Would you like to start with that definition?

Also, the constitution says you can spread at will a disease during a pandemic?

So you support the concept that the government can suspend a citizen's rights over any "crisis". I disagree.
Any "crisis"?

Is this pandemic which has killed 340,000 people in 9 months "any"?

"Any" would be your made up vote fraud bullshit.
340,000 out of a population of 330,000,000.
What is the definition orange dead-ender?

If government becomes highjacked, and forms a deep state hell bent on controlling things for nefarious reason's, then in no way can it help a society reach it's potential any longer, but it can control it's outcomes after creating a dependent populace gullable enough to let it get away with it.

haha, you’re quoting QANON deep state BS and calling others gullable. Such irony.

haha, you’re quoting QANON deep state BS and calling others gullable. Such irony.
The definition in my book of a "deep state is when government is targeted by a movement group's or individuals in order to gain power in these ways, where as in effect the movement seeks to use government power and it's offices to empower the movement through it's means after being seated at the table. For years government has been targeted for infiltration, and we have seen first hand what that infiltration can do. Denying this when the evidence is overwhelming is being fool hearty at the least.

A balance of power is required to run an effective Government. We don't allow kings or dictators in the UNITED STATES.

A balance of power is required to run an effective Government. We don't allow kings or dictators in the UNITED STATES.
Problem is now, is that so many have been brainwashed and compromised, that it's hard to make our institution's work in the ways that they should work these days. Think about that.

America at least doesn't allow them to be referred to as kings or dictators. There's small distinction between Trump's powers he's assumed to be able to have, and that of a dictator. Will he be stopped short of his goal? Probably, but many R congressmen and women won't be a part of stopping him.

Forum List

Back