Do white people have a right to their own culture???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I've wondered this for a few months now. Do white people have equal rights to a white culture that other races and ethnicities do? You see on campuses different ethnic clubs. For Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, etc. And I think thats cool. I, for one, see no problem with people who enjoy being amongst others like them. It's possible to enjoy that while also not hating others.

For example, I hate rap music. Just doesn't do it for me. But I like Mexican music. And rock. I'm white, and can honestly say I have no hatred for a person based on race or ethnicity. I've truly pondered that for a long time about myself, rather than just blankly saying it. I found that I have no problems with other people or races, but I do dislike some cultures. Not their right to exist, but being surrounded by it. Like I said, I dislike rap. Hate loud music, especially with strong bass. I also don't drink or smoke. So I don't feel comfortable in many concert environments, but especially rap or heavy metal. I also am annoyed by slang. I prefer to speak and discuss in proper English. Not knocking people who use slang, I just prefer to not use it or discuss in it.

So it brings me to a question: Do white people have a right to their own culture? To softer music, lack of slang, blander foods, less flashy dress styles, etc? This stems from a lecture I got from a sociology professor in which he stated the white race is a generic, default race, and not a race at all. He argued since white is not a race, but the lack of a race, it's impossible to be racist against white people. That disliking white people or white culture is simply to dislike the lack of culture, lack of race, lack of substance.

So, his argument is white is not a race, but lack of race. White culture is simply a lack of culture. White is default, void of culture, racial identity, or ethnicity, thus it's impossible to be racist against a non-race, and white people can only identify with a culture if they take parts of another culture and adhere to it (like white kids trying to be hip-hop).

Thoughts?

Well, when us whities become the minority sometime in the not so distant future, maybe then we can have our own culture.

your sociology professor is an asshat. EOF

Former. I graduated 8 years ago. I was a sociology major. I was convinced upon graduation that I was guilty for being white. I was in fact one of those guilty white liberals for a year or two, until the real world showed me college professors are full of shit. That sociology department was full of professors like him. I remember getting lectures explaining how Karl Marx was a true leader, how George Bernard Shaw should be an example of policy making for all US presidents, on how 90% of current wealth owned by white Americans could be directly linked to trickle-up labor benefits from the slave era, about how if America would abolish it's military, the world would become peaceful, and we could spend that billions of $$$ on health services and infrastructure rather than bombers and ships. It was radical. AND....that was at a Southern Baptist Christian college. I can't fathom what it's like at Columbia, Chicago U, UC-Berkley.

the entire American culture is a white persons culture for the most part.

I love it when people pretend they are downtrodden when they own nearly everything.

jesus people learn to fucking share mmmkay

I love it when people pretend they are downtrodden when they own nearly everything.

Owning nearly everything is not as good as owning everything and sharing is communistic.

Is it? Tell me then, what exactly is the white culture made of ?

Right now most top 40 music is rap/R&B. What restaurants are popular? Asian, Mexican, Soul Food, Italian? A steakhouse also. About equal.

Anyhow, maybe you can fill me in on what the white culture is.

Fuck off, Whitey!...

:)

peace...

Ah.....and I used to wonder why businesses wouldn't voluntarily hire certain people, and are now forced to by legislation.

Come to Gary and say that Shit, Devil!...

:)

peace...

Ah. How cute. A physical challenge over an internet message board. No thanks. Gary is a shithole. I don't like to mingle amongst people who've made the decision to remain living in places like that.

Right now most top 40 music is rap/R&B. What restaurants are popular? Asian, Mexican, Soul Food, Italian? A steakhouse also. About equal.

So white people dont listen to rap/rb and dont go those resturants?

You really dont even understand this all do you?

You do realize that almost all popular music has it's roots in the Blues?

So white people dont listen to rap/rb and dont go those resturants?

You really dont even understand this all do you?

Oh, sure we do. Most people really enjoy those cultures. My question is do white people also have a right to a white culture that is predominantly made for the enjoyment of white people and based off the preferences of other white people?

For the record, I love Mexican food and music. I hope that culture never gets erased.

You do realize that almost all popular music has it's roots in the Blues?

Point?

They just dont get it.

White culture in the US has always absorbed the cultures of the people of color who live with us.

They just dont get that AMERICAN society is a blended culture and always has been.

They just imagine that it all came from ONLY white influences and dont like to have to credit our blended culture.

They dojnt seem to truely understand the words on the statue of liberty.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
' With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That is who we are.

We are the castoffs of every corner of the world who came here for the promise of a country that KNEW the greatness that lies in every human heart.

We are the best of the world because we are the whole word.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back