Do we need to change our attitudes to what constitutes “legitimate political discourse” ?

I hesitate to point out the UK as an example for anybody. But visitors to Parliament tend not to shit and piss in the corridors when they visit.

That seems to be requisite for visitors to the Capitol who wish to indulge in -

“legitimate political discourse”​

I understand the need to smash windows and assault policemen but shitting on the carpet is never going to convince your opponents that you have a case.

Picture it... Summer 2020, in oh, just about every major city in the United States...

Riots, window breaking, violence, pissing, shitting, crying, and murdering.

And liberals passed it off as "legitimate political discourse."

Picture it... Summer 2020, in oh, just about every major city in the United States...

Why did Trump allow that behaviour to continue ?
I think your attempt o conflate this with the trump inspired insurrection at the Capitol is a bit desperate. There is no link between the two.

Why did Trump allow that behaviour to continue ?

What do you think Trump could do about it?

I think in one or two instances, where federal property was threatened by the hordes of subhuman criminal shit who were rioting, he sent in troops to defend those properties, very much over the objections of the Democrapic Governors of the states in which that occurred.

Other than that, nothing occurred that placed these riots under any legitimate federal jurisdiction. It was malfeasance on the part of Democrapic state and lower officials that allowed these riots to take place unrestrained. It was their duty to uphold the law, and it was their refusal to even attempt to do so. In many cases, they openly defended and took the side of the subhuman criminal shit, and ordered police to stand down.

What do you think Trump could do about it?

I think in one or two instances, where federal property was threatened by the hordes of subhuman criminal shit who were rioting, he sent in troops to defend those properties, very much over the objections of the Democrapic Governors of the states in which that occurred.

Other than that, nothing occurred that placed these riots under any legitimate federal jurisdiction. It was malfeasance on the part of Democrapic state and lower officials that allowed these riots to take place unrestrained. It was their duty to uphold the law, and it was their refusal to even attempt to do so. In many cases, they openly defended and took the side of the subhuman criminal shit, and ordered police to stand down.
You have just made the case that those riots cannot be compared to the Capitol Insurrection. Cheers.

You have just made the case that those riots cannot be compared to the Capitol Insurrection. Cheers.

What case do you think I have made?

Whatever happened at the capitol on 06 January 2021, it happened on federal property, under federal jurisdiction.

The Black LIES Matter riots did not occur under federal jurisdiction, except in the few instances where federal property happened to be within the riot areas.

It's likely that most non-Americans (and sadly, even far too many Americans) do not understand the distinction under our Constitution between what falls under federal jurisdiction, and what does not. I would certainly not expect anyone of your level of extreme, abject ignorance to have even the faintest clue, nor any ability to understand it no matter how well anyone might try to explain it to you.

Without a solid understanding of this distinction, any effort on your part to discuss any comparison between the two sets of events is meaningless.

What case do you think I have made?

Whatever happened at the capitol on 06 January 2021, it happened on federal property, under federal jurisdiction.

The Black LIES Matter riots did not occur under federal jurisdiction, except in the few instances where federal property happened to be within the riot areas.

It's likely that most non-Americans (and sadly, even far too many Americans) do not understand the distinction under our Constitution between what falls under federal jurisdiction, and what does not. I would certainly not expect anyone of your level of extreme, abject ignorance to have even the faintest clue, nor any ability to understand it no matter how well anyone might try to explain it to you.

Without a solid understanding of this distinction, any effort on your part to discuss any comparison between the two sets of events is meaningless.
Too stupid.
An attack on walmart is just vandalism.
An attack on the seat of democracy is insurrection.

Now join up the dots Sparky.

Too stupid.

Too stupid →
1644601934860.png

An attack on the seat of democracy is insurrection.

To what “seat of democracy” do you think you are referring?

The United States is a republic, not a democracy. Sadly, this is something that too damn many Americans do not even understand, and which one would certainly not expect an ignorant British piece of shit such as yourself to be capable of understanding.

To what “seat of democracy” do you think you are referring?

The United States is a republic, not a democracy. Sadly, this is something that too damn many Americans do not even understand, and which one would certainly not expect an ignorant British piece of shit such as yourself to be capable of understanding.
Only right wing loons make that stupid assertion. You vote so you are democracy.
You have a process to confirm the vote - You are a democracy.
You have a herd of doped up nazis try to stop the process - you have an insurrection.
Now fuck off to your shed and play with your tools.

Only right wing loons make that stupid assertion. You vote so you are democracy.
You have a process to confirm the vote - You are a democracy.
You have a herd of doped up nazis try to stop the process - you have an insurrection.
Now fuck off to your shed and play with your tools.

I guess, then, that by your reckoning, anyone who has read and understood the Constitution of this nation qualifies as a “ right wing loon”.

I would certainly not expect you to be able to understand it, no matter how well anyone tried to explain it; but anyone of at least average intelligence and literacy, on reading the Constitution, should be able to understand the distinction between democracy and the form of government which our Constitution lays out.

I guess, then, that by your reckoning, anyone who has read and understood the Constitution of this nation qualifies as a “ right wing loon”.

I would certainly not expect you to be able to understand it, no matter how well anyone tried to explain it; but anyone of at least average intelligence and literacy, on reading the Constitution, should be able to understand the distinction between democracy and the form of government which our Constitution lays out.
I think you are harmless Bob. If you lived round here I would let you fix my fence if it blew down, and pay you cash to avoid the taxes as well. We wouldnt discuss anything more challenging than the weather though.

New Topics

Forum List

Back