Do We Have A Plan For Syria? And Iran? Carl Levin?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Quite unbelievable, but there is video at site:

http://www.redstate.com/stories/arc...a_admits_al_qaeda_in_iraq_troops_need_to_stay

Get ready for Carl Levin to get shot by Cindy Sheehan or some other angry lefty. I'm not sure what happened to him, but he's making sense right now. On Sunday's Meet The (De)Press(ed), he finally admitted that Al-Qaeda is in Iraq and American troops needed to stay there for "a counter-terrorism purpose."

Today, he got bolder and and called for escalation of the offensives against both Iran and Syria. Bravo. Speaking at a Senate Armed Services Committee meeting, Senator Levin said to John Michael McConnell, Director of National Intelligence,

I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria and any other source of weapons coming in, obviously Iran is the focus – but it shouldn’t be the sole focus.​

Folks, did you get that? In addition to admitting we need to keep troops behind in Iraq, Carl Levin now says we need to go after Syria and Iran. In fact, in asking John McConnell about what steps were being taken to cut off weaponry coming in from Syria, Levin went so far as to ask this question:

I was just wondering, does the military have a plan to, if necessary, to go into Syria to go to the source of any weapons coming from Syria?​

And he wasn't arguing against such a plan. My first quote from him came after that. After asking if there was a plan to go into Syria, Carl Levin, yes *that* Carl Levin, said "I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria."

I'd like to congratulate Carl Levin for undercutting several of the major Democrat talking points and I'd like to thank Senator Levin for calling for mililtary action against Syria as well as Iraq.

The exchange with the DNI is below the fold . . .

He must not be thinking about running for the Democratic nomination. That's why he's telling the truth. The Dems won Congress, so now he can stop bad mouthing the war. IMO...I think the majority, excluding, Obama, and Edwards, agree with the war, but they are using the people to get votes by saying they aren't for it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back