Do teachers have the right to force students to remove their Ash Wednesday forehead "Ash"?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Many people wear their ash to where they work. It's their business only.

D1CCuooX0AUrYBe.jpg

You would think Laura's forehead would burst into flame considering her lies and false witness and her racism.

Utah student 'feels bad' for teacher who made him take off Ash Wednesday cross

BBUvQKb.img

The teacher has since apologized and when asked if he accepted her apology, William said, “Yeah, I kinda feel bad.”

The school has placed the teacher on administrative leave, Fox News reported.

---------------------------

This happened in Utah. I lived in Utah for a few months before I enlisted RA. I can't believe there are any teachers in Utah that aren't Mormon.

Is Ash Wednesday a Mormon tradition? I bet not.

So is this a situation of one religion against another?

Why would anyone trample on another person's religious beliefs?

I believe in separation of church and state.

The teacher should have left it alone as nobody's business.

What the teacher did was stupid, but I hope they let her back soon. The boy said he felt bad because he thinks she genuinely didn't understand the significance of the ash. I don't think her being fired is going to make him feel any better.

Aww, what's the Pope think about all this? I mean clearly we should Tolerate Catholics mass Nazi demonstrations, General Pope will make I hope, a universal yankee nation. So what do you think abortion? POW! I had to do it! He asks questions with his mind! Insults!

Many people wear their ash to where they work. It's their business only.

D1CCuooX0AUrYBe.jpg

You would think Laura's forehead would burst into flame considering her lies and false witness and her racism.

BBUvQKb.img

The teacher has since apologized and when asked if he accepted her apology, William said, “Yeah, I kinda feel bad.”

The school has placed the teacher on administrative leave, Fox News reported.

---------------------------

This happened in Utah. I lived in Utah for a few months before I enlisted RA. I can't believe there are any teachers in Utah that aren't Mormon.

Is Ash Wednesday a Mormon tradition? I bet not.

So is this a situation of one religion against another?

Why would anyone trample on another person's religious beliefs?

I believe in separation of church and state.

The teacher should have left it alone as nobody's business.

The teacher should be fired. Not only because the teacher forced the boy to wipe off his ash, but because the teacher is so stupid as to not know the nature of the ash.

Wow! Excuse the rest of us for not knowing every little detail of every religion in the world. We should all be fired. The teacher admitted she was wrong, apologized and now knows the difference.

I had no idea what it meant until I went to college. I had never heard of Mormons before I met one in boot camp. Later, my best friend was Mormon.

It
The teacher should be fired. Not only because the teacher forced the boy to wipe off his ash, but because the teacher is so stupid as to not know the nature of the ash.

Wow! Excuse the rest of us for not knowing every little detail of every religion in the world. We should all be fired. The teacher admitted she was wrong, apologized and now knows the difference.

I had no idea what it meant until I went to college. I had never heard of Mormons before I met one in boot camp. Later, my best friend was Mormon.
It is mostly a Catholic tradition to burn palm leaves, and rub the ashes in the sign of the cross on their disciples foreheads. Ash Wednesday was started by the Catholics.

The teacher infringed on the boy's 1st amendment rights, is probably a stupid and inbred Mormon type. She should be fired.

PS: I'd wager she's blonde and not bad looking.

It

It is mostly a Catholic tradition to burn palm leaves, and rub the ashes in the sign of the cross on their disciples foreheads. Ash Wednesday was started by the Catholics.

Yeah, I know that NOW. Some people do not.

Some people probably do not know that the Church of Christ does not allow musical instruments.

The teacher was wrong, and admitted her error. Move on!

Every time I hear someone advocating firing a teacher it is usually because they did not listen to their teachers and turned out to be complete morons.

See post #11 if you gave any doubts about my last statement.

Because the majority of America is not Catholic or Protestant? No. She should be fired. She infringed on the boy's 1st amendment right. I got $2 says teach is an inbred Mormon.

Need more information to decide what should be done. If the teacher knew the significance and intended her actions to remove a religious symbol, she should certainly be fired. If, on the other hand, she wasn't Catholic and was unaware of what the mark was, and only saw it as a splotch of dirt on her student's forehead, she was trying to save the boy from ridicule she was sure he would get by coming to school dirty. Pretty dumb to get all excited without knowing the details.

What the teacher did was stupid, but I hope they let her back soon. The boy said he felt bad because he thinks she genuinely didn't understand the significance of the ash. I don't think her being fired is going to make him feel any better.

Look up that teacher like I did. She is at LEAST in her forties. She was asking him to remove something that was 1. Religious and 2. On his body

I hate the mobs we've become in 2019, always seeking someone's jailing or firing. But as a teacher myself I think she handled this horribly and there's really no excuse.

Need more information to decide what should be done. If the teacher knew the significance and intended her actions to remove a religious symbol, she should certainly be fired. If, on the other hand, she wasn't Catholic and was unaware of what the mark was, and only saw it as a splotch of dirt on her student's forehead, she was trying to save the boy from ridicule she was sure he would get by coming to school dirty. Pretty dumb to get all excited without knowing the details.

She knew that was no splotch of dirt. She actually called it "inappropriate".

Catholicism is a cult and the vatican and it's current pope is an institution built on rituals requiring acts of pedophilia and human sacrifice.

The boy accepted the teacher's apology, and his family has said they don't want her to be fired. Chances are she'll be on administrative leave just long enough for the story to go away, which will be all of a week, at most.

Because the majority of America is not Catholic or Protestant? No. She should be fired. She infringed on the boy's 1st amendment right. I got $2 says teach is an inbred Mormon.

In my area, Catholics are as common as hen's teeth, so why would I know about their religious practices if I had never been associated with their particular beliefs? In a school district where I once taught, about 80% of the area attended Catholic schools until they reached high school It all depends on where you live and that to which you are exposed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back