Do Republicans have to "trick" people when fundraising?

R

rdean

"Census" Mailer Ban Becomes Law

By Dan Roem
Pres. Obama this morning signed new legislation aimed at banning solicitations that look like Census Bureau documents, a favorite technique of GOP fundraisers.

The Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act came in direct response to a Feb. 8 RNC fundraising mailer with the words "Congressional District Census" marked on its envelop and cover letter. The new law prohibits the USPS from delivering any new letters that look like they could be Census documents.

"Census" Mailer Ban Becomes Law - Hotline On Call

“When Americans receive a mailing that looks like it’s from their government, they should be able to trust that it actually is,”

Census Scam Law: Too Late? - Washington Wire - WSJ

No wonder Republicans hate government. Tricked by their own party.

RNC 'Census' Fundraising Mailer, sent 4/12/10 | TPM Document Collection

docpage-demmailer5.jpg

CENSUS ENCLOSED?????????????

docpage-demmailer9.jpg

How on earth can anyone be tricked when the document specifically says it's Republican and that money donated will go to the Republican party?

How on earth can anyone be tricked when the document specifically says it's Republican and that money donated will go to the Republican party?

Then why does it say, "CENSUS ENCLOSED"?

Deception seems to have become one of the Republican party's platform planks.
I wonder how republicans voted on this?

I count the word Republican about 8 times in this document. "Census" does not specifically mean the US census, and that phrase appears nowhere on the document.

I guess you just look like a big ole dunce for posting this nonsense, again.

Because it is a census? Duh!

A census is the procedure of systematically acquiring and recording information about the members of a given population.

And clearly marked who it is from.

Which is why the document says "Republican" 9 times? I realize you have this wishful thinking thing going on but one day reality will set in.
The Democrats don't bother with all that. They just go to the corporate fatcats on wall street to get their checks.

Which is why the document says "Republican" 9 times? I realize you have this wishful thinking thing going on but one day reality will set in.
The Democrats don't bother with all that. They just go to the corporate fatcats on wall street to get their checks.

"The Democrats don't bother with all that. They just go to the corporate fatcats on wall street to get their checks"

Yep they have been learning from the republicans. Unfortunately.

so the republicans are the ones bringing up reregualting the finiancial industry?
Although I do expect it to be wimpy leglislation like the health care reform bill.

Last edited:

census..An official, usually periodic enumeration of a population, often including the collection of related demographic information.

Don't worry rdean, if Democrats had thought of it first and were doing it, it would be perfectly fine..especially with you..

It's called marketing? You see, it's Census time, so they sent out a questionnaire that looks like a Census? Kind of like making cookies shaped like Christmas trees at Christmas time? Now granted, there are probably a few stupid fuckers like you in every city and town that think its the real thing because you can't or won't read, but there is no willful deception here. Only in your incredibly conspiratorial, paranoid, partisan mind. Get out of your mom's basement already.

"Census" Mailer Ban Becomes Law

By Dan Roem
Pres. Obama this morning signed new legislation aimed at banning solicitations that look like Census Bureau documents, a favorite technique of GOP fundraisers.

The Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act came in direct response to a Feb. 8 RNC fundraising mailer with the words "Congressional District Census" marked on its envelop and cover letter. The new law prohibits the USPS from delivering any new letters that look like they could be Census documents.

"Census" Mailer Ban Becomes Law - Hotline On Call

“When Americans receive a mailing that looks like it’s from their government, they should be able to trust that it actually is,”

Census Scam Law: Too Late? - Washington Wire - WSJ

No wonder Republicans hate government. Tricked by their own party.

RNC 'Census' Fundraising Mailer, sent 4/12/10 | TPM Document Collection

docpage-demmailer5.jpg

CENSUS ENCLOSED?????????????

docpage-demmailer9.jpg
The Republicans are just doing what a lot of advertisers do. How often do we see mail that comes in a brown government looking envelope with a return address of the Federal Department of this that or the other and contains some advertisement. It's designed to get you to open the envelope rather throw it in trash. It is deceptive regardless of what the enclosure says. I am surprised that either party would do this.

The vote was unanimous with both Republcians and Democrats.

b bb bbbbut you said republicans have to trick people....

good lord, you're the type of person that needs a warning label on a knife

"DANGER, SHARP EDGE, MAY CUT"

nothing deceptive about that census for the republican party....

New Topics

Forum List

Back