Do Politicians Even Care That Forced Mask Laws Violate ADA and PAs? Some examples.

Wearing a mask is about respect. It shows you stand up when it counts. It shows you have joined the battle. It shows you care about your country. I can’t think of a more patriotic thing
But if a mask doesn't protect ME, how does it protect others?
are you serious?! By now you really still don’t get it? Maybe you don’t possess the intellectual capability to comprehend. In that case how about you just listen to Trumps corona virus task force... the VP and head doctors of our agencies that have lived and breathed this situation for months... all of whom say wearing a mask makes a difference.
Everyone says that the mask doesn’t protect the user. So if everyone is wearing a mask, no one is protected. Get it?
I’ve listed the counter points to this so many times so I’m going to try another approach. Let’s say you’re right and masks are ineffective. If that’s so then why would VP pence and all the experts on the Corona Virus task force lie and say otherwise? Please explain how that makes sense and why you think you know more than they do.
I'm going by what I hear, which is that masks don't protect the user. So the more people wearing masks, the more people aren't protected.
Just think, Taz, what you normally exhale you exhale for a reason. Your body wants to get rid of it. Now all of a sudden, you are wearing a mask all the time collecting and concentrating it on the inside of the mask then breathing it back in.

OSHA recommends that you change out a mask every 15 minutes. Know anyone going through 15-30 masks a day?
Do you spend every minute of every day right next to strangers? No. Take your mask off when you’re distanced and put it on when you’re in proximity. This shit isn’t complicated. Do you cover your mouth when you sneeze on the subway or do you spray it all over people?
Oh so now you trust the alledged untrustworthy police or public deputized citizen to enforce a mask rule, while in the meantime the authorities in this country are under one of the most hurendous attacks ever ?? Good luck with your mask enforcement rules upon those not sick or whom have conditions that don't allow them to wear a mask. Why don't those with the virus just do the right thing instead of forcing others to do it for them ?? This ain't no PC everyone gets a participation trophy, so let's not make the infected feel bad if they got the virus. Just show them that you are going to cut your hair along with them because theirs is falling out, ohh wait that's the cancer thing.
I truly hope it doesn’t come to enforcement of a mask laws which is unfortunately happing in some areas because of stubborn douchebags spreading the disease. I just wish our messaging can be clear and unified so we can all work together to squash this thing. It could be such an easy thing and for the life of me I can’t understand why people like you waste your time and energy fighting over something as easy as wearing a mask when your around strangers and in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over 100k Americans
No one is fighting anything you talk about, other than we just don't want to be caught up in the leftist bullcrap. Next thing you know, we will be told that when we step out our door, we had best have a mask on or else. Nope, that ain't happening. Poor ole Biden is so ignorant that he walks into a room full of people with his race baiting virtue signaling ace wearing a mask, and then he takes the thing off before he talks into the microphone (same room, same air, same people), but he removed his mask to speak. Rotflmbo, you can't make this stupid crap up I tell ya.

Stop trying to make us stupid, and we will continue to show you how it's done without the stupidity.
Biden wears a mask while walking up to a stage to be symbolic and lead by example. Trump is attacking that and making it sound weak and now his puppets are doing the same. You see how toxic that is. Trump could be the one strolling around in a MAGA mask and setting the example. But no, now mask wearing is a team sports feud. How pathetic is that?!
So wearing a mask is nothing but symbolic. What a load of crap!

Wearing a mask is about respect. It shows you stand up when it counts. It shows you have joined the battle. It shows you care about your country. I can’t think of a more patriotic thing
are you serious?! By now you really still don’t get it? Maybe you don’t possess the intellectual capability to comprehend. In that case how about you just listen to Trumps corona virus task force... the VP and head doctors of our agencies that have lived and breathed this situation for months... all of whom say wearing a mask makes a difference.
Everyone says that the mask doesn’t protect the user. So if everyone is wearing a mask, no one is protected. Get it?
I’ve listed the counter points to this so many times so I’m going to try another approach. Let’s say you’re right and masks are ineffective. If that’s so then why would VP pence and all the experts on the Corona Virus task force lie and say otherwise? Please explain how that makes sense and why you think you know more than they do.
I'm going by what I hear, which is that masks don't protect the user. So the more people wearing masks, the more people aren't protected.
Just think, Taz, what you normally exhale you exhale for a reason. Your body wants to get rid of it. Now all of a sudden, you are wearing a mask all the time collecting and concentrating it on the inside of the mask then breathing it back in.

OSHA recommends that you change out a mask every 15 minutes. Know anyone going through 15-30 masks a day?
Do you spend every minute of every day right next to strangers? No. Take your mask off when you’re distanced and put it on when you’re in proximity. This shit isn’t complicated. Do you cover your mouth when you sneeze on the subway or do you spray it all over people?
Oh so now you trust the alledged untrustworthy police or public deputized citizen to enforce a mask rule, while in the meantime the authorities in this country are under one of the most hurendous attacks ever ?? Good luck with your mask enforcement rules upon those not sick or whom have conditions that don't allow them to wear a mask. Why don't those with the virus just do the right thing instead of forcing others to do it for them ?? This ain't no PC everyone gets a participation trophy, so let's not make the infected feel bad if they got the virus. Just show them that you are going to cut your hair along with them because theirs is falling out, ohh wait that's the cancer thing.
I truly hope it doesn’t come to enforcement of a mask laws which is unfortunately happing in some areas because of stubborn douchebags spreading the disease. I just wish our messaging can be clear and unified so we can all work together to squash this thing. It could be such an easy thing and for the life of me I can’t understand why people like you waste your time and energy fighting over something as easy as wearing a mask when your around strangers and in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over 100k Americans
No one is fighting anything you talk about, other than we just don't want to be caught up in the leftist bullcrap. Next thing you know, we will be told that when we step out our door, we had best have a mask on or else. Nope, that ain't happening. Poor ole Biden is so ignorant that he walks into a room full of people with his race baiting virtue signaling ace wearing a mask, and then he takes the thing off before he talks into the microphone (same room, same air, same people), but he removed his mask to speak. Rotflmbo, you can't make this stupid crap up I tell ya.

Stop trying to make us stupid, and we will continue to show you how it's done without the stupidity.
Biden wears a mask while walking up to a stage to be symbolic and lead by example. Trump is attacking that and making it sound weak and now his puppets are doing the same. You see how toxic that is. Trump could be the one strolling around in a MAGA mask and setting the example. But no, now mask wearing is a team sports feud. How pathetic is that?!

Post 55. No one knows more about masks than the people who test and rate them.

I shouldn't have to say it. If you weren't so gullible, so brainwashed, so afraid to do your own thinking; you'd be able to figure it out for yourself. Look again at the image series in post 925. See how tiny the #CoronaHoax2020 virus is compared to the structure of the mask. What chance is there of any particular virus even bumping into a fiber on its way through, much less being stopped from getting through?

I just heard this back from a doctor buddy in CA which includes some shocking statements, I thought I'd copy here:

Some of us can do pretty well with the decreased oxygen with the mask usage. In medical school I'd end up at times wearing one for more than 6 hours straight (for surgery) and did OK. But for some it is psychologically damaging and for some people it's potentially deadly. BTW, I'm talking about the surgical masks not the N95 - which I've not yet worn.

I'm not sure that aerosolized Covid-19 viruses are going to hit your masks in singlet format. At least initially I'd expect them to be in droplets and some of the droplets might be blocked at least somewhat by the mask. So you could have a mask truly decreasing the number of virus copies you are getting. The big problem with that is that you are breathing through the mask.

If your mask stops a bunch of viruses because they improbably got stuck in a fiber of the mask or because they were part of a droplet which is bigger than the weave? Well, you are still breathing through that mask and that means that over time the droplet may break down and release the viruses or that singlet virus which got caught may become dislodged and breathed in.. You can reduce this problem and therefore your risk of a serious infection by frequently changing the mask and properly dispose of that potentially infectious mask.

There is, of course, now a significant logistical problem. In our office we get one new surgical mask per day. No changing the mask every 15-20 minutes. My daughter is a nurse at a hospital which currently has about 50 Covid-19 patients and they get issued one mask per day. No frequent mask changes.

To make the problem worse? The hospital at which she works considers the masks to be 100% effective and therefore even if you are heavily exposed to Covid-19 patients and get Covid-19 yourself, then it is not a work-related disease because either you didn't use the mask properly or you caught it from someone outside the hospital. This means that if they get sick and get tested for Covid-19 they end up out of work for weeks with no pay and if you are on probation as a new hire you might lose your job.. So hospital staff is incentivized not to be tested for Covid-19 if they become mildly symptomatic - which means you can have staff spreading the disease because of the reaction to the policy. Nurse and physicians tend to not want to cause disease so most would get tested anyway but when testing can be difficult to obtain?

I see studies every now and again showing how using a mask can reduce the risk but they are not studies actually using the virus. It's symbolism over facts. Maybe there is some benefit from the use of a mask for Covid-19, but it has not been demonstrated definitively.

On the testing thing? (Relevant because it can contribute to reluctance to be tested.) Officially the testing is relatively available if you are willing to have a swab shoved up your nose into your skull. But realistically?

Our urgent care is the only part of our office which can do the Covid-19 testing. Due in large part to the regulatory burden they can only test about 60 per day. They open at 0700 hours. Vehicles line up early in hopes of getting the testing done and Thursday they had to start turning people away at 0756 hours and on Wednesday they had to close that service at 0714 hours. They've had people drive from as far away as Fresno (typically a 1.5-2 hour drive at that time of morning) to try to get testing at our facility. Yes, testing is officially available in Fresno but actually getting it done is apparently very difficult..

So yeah, testing is available but good luck.

Now, some very limited epidemiological data? The people who come to our urgent care for testing are self-selected because they believe they are at higher risk for having been exposed. They are typically either asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic and about 10-15 per day are testing positive (of a sample size of 60) and these people all wore the masks.

If one were to generalize our sample to the general population this would suggest that about 20% of our population has an active Covid-19 infection. In fact, our sampling is either high or low and we cannot tell which is the case. How many have had the infection and now have at least limited immunity? - we just flat do not know.

Nope, that’s not what I said, stop lying

It's exactly what you said "Biden wears a mask while walking up to a stage to be symbolic".

I just heard this back from a doctor buddy in CA which includes some shocking statements, I thought I'd copy here:
To make the problem worse? The hospital at which she works considers the masks to be 100% effective and therefore even if you are heavily exposed to Covid-19 patients and get Covid-19 yourself, then it is not a work-related disease because either you didn't use the mask properly or you caught it from someone outside the hospital. This means that if they get sick and get tested for Covid-19 they end up out of work for weeks with no pay and if you are on probation as a new hire you might lose your job.

That sounds like something that needs to result in a lawsuit.

I've been expressing serious doubts that these masks are at all effective against viruses. But even if you don't go as far as I do, I think it can certainly be said that the science absolutely does not support the premise that these masks are anything close to 100% effective. Exposed to a disease as part of the job, sick with that disease, that's absolutely a work-related injury/illness. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I am pretty certain that there is not any basis here for the employer to weasel out of responsibility.

Last edited:

It's exactly what you said "Biden wears a mask while walking up to a stage to be symbolic".
Yes because I was talking about the specific example of Joe Biden wearing a mask while walking to a stage. That doesn’t translate to everybody wearing masks is doing so for symbolism. That’s just idiot logic to connect the two statements

To make the problem worse? The hospital at which she works considers the masks to be 100% effective and therefore even if you are heavily exposed to Covid-19 patients and get Covid-19 yourself, then it is not a work-related disease because either you didn't use the mask properly or you caught it from someone outside the hospital. This means that if they get sick and get tested for Covid-19 they end up out of work for weeks with no pay and if you are on probation as a new hire you might lose your job.

That sounds like something that needs to result in a lawsuit.

I've been expressing serious doubts that these masks are at all effective against viruses. But even if you don't go as far as I do, I think it can certainly be said that the science absolutely does not support the premise that these masks are anything close to 100% effective. Exposed to a disease as part of the job, sick with that disease, that's absolutely a work-related injury/illness. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I am pretty certain that there is not any basis here for the employer to weasel out of responsibility.
Nobody is claiming the masks are 100% effective. You’re making that up because your argument has been ripped to shreds.

That is a great compromise and one that I can live with. At work I am not required to have a mask covering my face when I am working on a piece of equipment where no one else is in close proximity but I do put it on when I have to be around others...not because I fear this bullshit virus but to make my co-workers feel more at ease. The machine operators do not come close to making the kind of wage that I do and there is a temp check-point before they are allowed into the building. So far, one out of 130 employees has been sent home and required to self-quarantine and unless they have sick leave or vacation hours? They would not be paid for that time off. I owe it to them to hedge their bets, as it were.
Don't agree with this cat on anything, because you were already doing the things you needed to do... It's called using your common sense, but because we have many idiots that won't do that, then we have to help them out by doing a little more in order to keep ourselves safe from them. I didn't need Slade or government to tell me that, but here we are. It's the ideology of the leftist to force everyone to accommodate the idiots in society, and this in order to be an inclusive society where if one wants to be an idiot then hey whose stopping them right ???, Then look at what the idiots do, they break ranks with the supposed rational minded, and they start looting, burning, protesting, gathering in large groups basically saying to hell with anything the rich man tells them and us to do. I said rich man because that is who they hate truly, and not the white race only.

Slade is an amature who thinks he has the answers to the problems in this country, when in reality he doesn't have a clue.

…and so it appears that the left has adopted the Covid fear as a way to harass and destroy anything Trump. Just don't fall for it people, don't fall for it.

That is all that the #CoronaHoax2020 has been about, from the very beginning. If not for the left wrong seizing on it as an opportunity for scaremongering, for malicious political purposes; it would have been nothing more than a seasonal flue outbreak like we get every year; perhaps worse than some, but not as bad as others.

It was never about the virus, never about the disease;and always about the fear and the opportunistic political abuse thereof.
The protestor's basically proved it. They did everything they said not to do, and yet they all lived to fight yet another day. It really outed the bullcrap, and instead of the experts coming up with any rational explanation for their lack of being infected by their wrecklace actions, they shift their focus onto Trump rallies, and how we are surly all going to die now because of his rallies. POLITICAL !!

Funny how we don't hear about the drugs saving lives anymore, and how the death rates have almost vanished in hospitals around the globe, nor do we hear anymore about China and what's going on there lately, otherwise in regards to the virus they suspiciously unleashed upon the world from a wet market, oh my bad from their damn laboratory.

China trade under heavy scrutiny by our president, and him facing re-election makes all this highly suspect as to what has taken place in all of this. Then we get the leftist devout haters of Trump, grabbing onto this thing, and seemingly using it to destroy Trump's chances of re-election by claiming he didn't act in time (when we know he did), and on and on and on it all goes.

POLITICAL !!!

More than symbolic to them, and it's more about showing that they know better than we do about the dangers beyond what we already know, so they are to show us how to do it, and if we don't comply then they will force us to comply. Oh and it being close to the election, well wouldn't you like to see everyone wearing a mask in fear if you are a hater leftist, and all because of the virus Trump let get out of control in this country ??? Yes Biden is virtue signaling, and he can't even do that right.

That is a great compromise and one that I can live with. At work I am not required to have a mask covering my face when I am working on a piece of equipment where no one else is in close proximity but I do put it on when I have to be around others...not because I fear this bullshit virus but to make my co-workers feel more at ease. The machine operators do not come close to making the kind of wage that I do and there is a temp check-point before they are allowed into the building. So far, one out of 130 employees has been sent home and required to self-quarantine and unless they have sick leave or vacation hours? They would not be paid for that time off. I owe it to them to hedge their bets, as it were.
Don't agree with this cat on anything, because you were already doing the things you needed to do... It's called using your common sense, but because we have many idiots that won't do that, then we have to help them out by doing a little more in order to keep ourselves safe from them. I didn't need Slade or government to tell me that, but here we are. It's the ideology of the leftist to force everyone to accommodate the idiots in society, and this in order to be an inclusive society where if one wants to be an idiot then hey whose stopping them right ???, Then look at what the idiots do, they break ranks with the supposed rational minded, and they start looting, burning, protesting, gathering in large groups basically saying to hell with anything the rich man tells them and us to do. I said rich man because that is who they hate truly, and not the white race only.

Slade is an amature who thinks he has the answers to the problems in this country, when in reality he doesn't have a clue.
I haven’t said Much of anything about government force, you inject crap like that because you can’t have an honest argument. It’s ok, I’m used to it as many other trolls on this board use the same tactic.
I think the less government the better which is why I promote people and businesses to act responsibly because when they don’t the government ultimately steps in. The majority of the debate that we’ve had is about the validity of even wearing a mask. We have the deniers out there calling the virus a hoax, and others saying that Trumps task force is lying when they recommend wearing a mask. That’s just absurd. We should be unified on this one but your partisan stripes won’t let you say what common sense is telling all of us. Be respectful around others when you’re in public and cover your face. It’s very simple. Even Dale the bad ass does it, because he is a decent person. You can surely get on board.

Nobody is claiming the masks are 100% effective. You’re making that up because your argument has been ripped to shreds.

Idiot!

Look back at my post to which you were replying, and see what I was responding to.

You even quoted it in your own cretinous reply.
i didn’t see that line. My bad, I don’t know about the hospital grade stuff nor do I care that much as it’s not relevant to the conversation we’ve been having. Your arguments have still been ripped to shreds

More than symbolic to them, and it's more about showing that they know better than we do about the dangers beyond what we already know, so they are to show us how to do it, and if we don't comply then they will force us to comply. Oh and it being close to the election, well wouldn't you like to see everyone wearing a mask in fear if you are a hater leftist, and all because of the virus Trump let get out of control in this country ??? Yes Biden is virtue signaling, and he can't even do that right.
It’s idiotic theories like that which contribute to the resurge of this virus. Idiots like you being stubborn about complying with safety protocol. Idiot kids who couldn’t give a damn about politics because they are too busy trying to get laid, and idiot protestors crowding around eachother and screaming their heads off in the middle of a pandemic. You’re in great company

I haven’t said Much of anything about government force, you inject crap like that because you can’t have an honest argument. It’s ok, I’m used to it as many other trolls on this board use the same tactic.
I think the less government the better which is why I promote people and businesses to act responsibly because when they don’t the government ultimately steps in. The majority of the debate that we’ve had is about the validity of even wearing a mask. We have the deniers out there calling the virus a hoax, and others saying that Trumps task force is lying when they recommend wearing a mask. That’s just absurd. We should be unified on this one but your partisan stripes won’t let you say what common sense is telling all of us. Be respectful around others when you’re in public and cover your face. It’s very simple. Even Dale the bad ass does it, because he is a decent person. You can surely get on board.
I'm on board, but I just don't like it when leftist figures start telling me what I should or shouldn't do. Not saying you are a leftist figure, but that it's funny how in all of this Hysteria we can easily see the bullcrap going on, even though yes we are to be respectful, and yes we are to be helpful to others as well as for ourselves, but that's not what's taking place in all of this bullcrap for the most part, and that's when it all goes to hell for me IMHO. It's time to call the left out for their using the pandemic for political purposes when we see it happening, and when we do, that it's noted at least to be a warning of this type of thing happening when it's found.

People can then do with it what they want, but to just follow along like sheeple as the left wants the nation to do in order to defeat Trump is not going to happen.

I'm on board, but I just don't like it when leftist figures start telling me what I should or shouldn't do. Not saying you are a leftist figure, but that it's funny how in all of this Hysteria we can easily see the bullcrap going on, even though yes we are to be respectful, and yes we are to be helpful to others as well as for ourselves, but that's not what's taking place in all of this bullcrap for the most part, and that's when it all goes to hell for me IMHO. It's time to call the left out for their using the pandemic for political purposes when we see it happening, and when we do, that it's noted at least to be a warning of this type of thing happening when it's found.

People can then do with it what they want, but to just follow along like sheeple as the left wants the nation to do in order to defeat Trump is not going to happen.
Do you really think I like being told what to do by the government?! Fuck no. I don’t like being told what to do by anybody. But I disagree with you when you say it’s time to call the left out on politicizing the virus. If your version of calling them out is denying reality and denying safety protocols then you’re misguided and you’re contributing to the problem. I’ve spent the majority of my time in this thread arguing with people like you about whether masks are effective while listening to tough guy after tough guy brag about how they don’t own or wear masks. It’s pathetic that this is the fight y’all are choosing to engage in.

I shouldn't have to say it. If you weren't so gullible, so brainwashed, so afraid to do your own thinking; you'd be able to figure it out for yourself. Look again at the image series in post 925. See how tiny the #CoronaHoax2020 virus is compared to the structure of the mask. What chance is there of any particular virus even bumping into a fiber on its way through, much less being stopped from getting through?

Facemasks, when fitted properly, effectively disrupt the forward momentum of particles expelled from a cough or sneeze, preventing disease transmission. Even if the facemasks are ill-fitting, they are still able to interrupt the particles and airborne viruses sufficiently, such that these pathogens do not reach the breathing zones of people nearby.

Footnotes:

16. van der Sande M, Teunis P, Sabel R. Professional and home-made face masks reduce exposure to respiratory infections among the general population. PLoS One. 2008;3:e2618. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

17. Tang JW, Liebner TJ, Craven BA, Settles GS. A schlieren optical study of the human cough with and without wearing masks for aerosol infection control. J R Soc Interface. 2009;6(suppl 6):S727–36. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

Source control is as effective as an inhalation barrier.

Do you really think I like being told what to do by the government?! Fuck no. I don’t like being told what to do by anybody. But I disagree with you when you say it’s time to call the left out on politicizing the virus. If your version of calling them out is denying reality and denying safety protocols then you’re misguided and you’re contributing to the problem. I’ve spent the majority of my time in this thread arguing with people like you about whether masks are effective while listening to tough guy after tough guy brag about how they don’t own or wear masks. It’s pathetic that this is the fight y’all are choosing to engage in.
Mask wearing is just symbolic remember ? You sure got caught on that one didn't you ?

Are there no alternatives that are less restrictive than a mask for her to wear that still protect from projecting fluids?
People who are at risk from getting seriously ill from this virus can stay the fuck home. That's a much better alternative.
Why?
Because they are helping themselves.

My wife wearing a mask does not help her. She would be doing it to her own detriment, solely for the benefit of someone else she does not know or give a rat fuck about.

And fuck that shit.

Like I said, when it comes to protecting my wife, I'm about to go on a murderous rampage on my way to Valhalla.

Blee Dat!!!

Since you are violent. Stay home don’t go out. You are a danger to the society but you don’t blame and curse people and play like victim just because you don’t want to wear mask.
You keep saying....... Fuck this and fuck that...... Are you having a meltdown?

We will never get out or done from this crisis till ignorant people like you do not cooperate and comply. Or the economy will never recover...... Look at the graph or trends around the world are going down. They are getting better. Except US is getting worse because of ignorant idiot people like you. Look at Arizona, Texas, Florida and here in California and other states like Colorado closings of bars, restaurants, beaches and other venues AGAIN. Arizona hospitals ICU are near capacity and they didn’t have that problems in April and May.

You have 2 options ...... do it your way or the Covid-19 will do it for you.

The virus is here and it's never going away. The ONLY way to "beat it" is herd immunity which can't happen with everyone acting like this is fucking ebola. It's not.
This is worse than Ebola and was contained early.
It’s as simple as do not spread the virus is the only way to beat the virus. Like I already mentioned CV-19 around the world area getting better but US is getting worse.... Even Hannity, Pence and several GOPs are telling you to wear mask.
Too bad I don't give a fuck what Hannity, Pence, or any body else says.
:dunno:

Make me wear it.

Asking a mask is very small to ask.... if you get one of these virus... It’s a hell to pay. That’s your choice.

Dying of Covid-19 is very painful to yourself and to your family. It’s slow torture death by yourself and nobody can come close to you. Laying there thinking you are about to die in 2 or 3 days. Or maybe your doctor will just disconnect you while you are still alive because it’s hopeless. That’s very painful. Thinking of your buddy Charwin95........... That dude is right. I should have listened to charwin95..... TOO LATE. .

Maybe you are missing something that several states are going back of shutting down venues like Arizona, Texas and California. It’s only going to get worse caused by ignorant people like you. Then they should not let you go inside the groceries or any part of the country. Unless you wear a mask..... Now what are you going to do? Hide in your basement or quarantine and starve yourself because you don’t want to wear mask?

Forum List

Back