Do nothing Congress

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The Democrats said they would put an end to the "do nothing Congress" and the partisan bickering that had stymied the institution since the 2000 election. Nancy Pelosi promised to get rid of corruption, promised an open and transparent method of governing and promised to work with the Republicans. Since the promises made in the election we have had many of the most corrupt elements of the Democratic Party placed in positions of honor and leadership, we have had the minority party blocked from working on legislation. We have had time wasted on non-binding resolutions which do nothing other than send a clear message to our enemies that we cannot be trusted to stand and fight. So what about this current Congress, where are the accomiplishments? Since the term "do nothing Congress" has already been used what are we to call this Congress? It seems they can't even satisfy the hard core left in their own party, much less the rest of America.

Current approval rating for the Dem Congress is 37.5%

It will go lower. The Democrats are their own worst enemy.

Ya that non binding resolution, and their surrender bill, to tell bush Congrass is not happy with him did wonders for our troops and America. Maybe over the next 12 months they will demonstrate their skills and vote for a resolution making Captain Crunch the next treasury secretary.

It will go lower. The Democrats are their own worst enemy.

And on that note, I differ with you.....not that I rule it out completely, but as I have seen it, there hasn't been as corrupt of an administration or Republican congress in decades.... :(

I just don't see how the past republican congress can be beat on their overwhelming culture of corruption, cheating, swindling, quid pro quos with lobbyists, etc.

yours truely,

Nancy Pelosi :rofl:

Actually, it is me....:) Care

And on that note, I differ with you.....not that I rule it out completely, but as I have seen it, there hasn't been as corrupt of an administration or Republican congress in decades.... :(

I just don't see how the past republican congress can be beat on their overwhelming culture of corruption, cheating, swindling, quid pro quos with lobbyists, etc.

yours truely,

Republicans are accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of including a provision in a water redevelopment bill that could benefit property her husband owns in San Francisco... Pelosi's measure would authorize $25 million to improve San Francisco port areas, and also would put some areas off limits to navigation so cruise ships could dock. Her investor husband gets rental income from four buildings in a nearby commercial district. Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said that she added the projects to the bill at the request of the Port of San Francisco and that her husband's holdings were not a consideration. It's "speculative at best" that they would benefit, Hammill said.

Feinstein wasn't exposed by any media, nor investigated for the millions upon millions she gave her husband, of course Pelosi will get away with it if her husband just "happens" to make money off this development, which he certainly will.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_go_co/pelosi_water_project

whenever I see examples of the Dems leadership, I remember Pelosi's speech of "We are the party of Ethics"

:lol:

yours truely,

How about some actual evidence of same.

How about some actual evidence of same.
Retsgt,
I don't want to on here... I have gone through it before, or rather I have read threads with link after link over the last few years and no matter what is presented, by either side, the other side denies it or refutes it with their own partisan source and quite frankly, it is disheartening and all it leads to is hatred.... and I have had just too much of that lately.

I know that's a copout, I am sorry.... maybe I can give you some other links where this has been discussed and you can go through the evidence from each side and you can make up your own mind from that....let me know and I will find them and link you... I just can only stomach "so many" partisan issues a day before I get wiped out.... :(

And I think I might be working 3 threads already on some partisan issue or another....:eusa_boohoo:

Care

And of course your not partisan?
I can't deny that I don't view things as most Democrats would...

that is WHY I am a Democrat, besides the fact that I grew up in a Democratic voting family so it just passed on to me.....sorta....

And you can NOT deny that you view things as most republicans would or conservatives would...

so what?

It makes me no less of an honest person to agree with the views that most democrats take if those views are factual and honest themselves and visa versa with you and siding with the republicans on issues that they MAY :D be right on....

I am okay with this....

Care

DeLay, Cunningham, Abramoff, Libby to name four off the top of my head.

foley, Dusty foggo, congressman Bob Ney is in prison now, his two aids were convicted and 2 of tom delay's aids were convicted too, I believe...

and then you have breaking FISA law on the administration, and paying armstrong williams and 25 plus other journalists to do the same, to propagandize the public without telling the public it came from our government, and Spying on americans without warrant, and the KAZILLION executive signing orders stating he does not have to agree with the laws congressed just passed and he just signed crud...

And handing out gvt contracts in Iraq to ONLY republican supporting businesses, denying legitimate companies that were not lockstep with the republicans, WHILE USING my democratic tax dollars to do such...

The republican congress over and over again locking democrats out of conferences, while letting their lobbyists in to write the legislation...

And Delays relationship to K-STREET and his manipulation of the lobbyists and his republican congress to vote with him lock step on issues of grave importance like the medicare pill bill that was ILLEGALLY passed by holding a 15 minute vote opened for 3 hours until the bribery and arm twisting was done and Delay got others to change their vote...

ok ret sgt, you GOT ME TO ANSWER! LOL

There is just no tomorrow on their ill doings as far as I am concerned and I did NOT even have to go in to the Iraq war scam they pulled on America by "playing with words".....

or the incompetence with the spending like there is NO TOMORROW!

Care

DeLay, Cunningham, Abramoff, Libby to name four off the top of my head.

Yes Delay is a perfect example, he was accused of using campaign money for "gasp" running a campaign. More importantly the DA had to empanel something like 6 grand juries before he could convince one he was right. And add to that the Judge promptly threw out the major charges.

Libby was another liberal witch hunt.

Cunningham I don't remember, remind me please. Was he the gay guy?

Abramoff was not a politician and some of the people that he contributed to as big as any Republican were in fact Democrats. Of course the press just kinda ignored them. Hell Republicans were breaking their backs to give money back after the scandel hit and Democrats absolutely refused to return a dime. I suspect the same treatment from the Press on the matter of who "used" the madam's services currently in the Courts.

And even more to the point... when republicans resign when caught breaking the law, democrats get their buddies in Congress to protect them and run for reelection.

Explain Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana and remind us of what party HE belongs to? Explain Senator Byrd and why most of his family has Government jobs? Explain How a certain Kennedy was never even tested for being drunk or under the influence when caught in DC clearly one or the other? Explain why the press doesn't even care what it is Sandy Burger stole from the Classified Archives? Explain why the Press isnt all over Feinstien for her conflict of Interest in the Senate in regards to her husbands buisiness? Explain why the press doesn't seem to care about the potential conflict of interest Pelosi has with her Husband? Explain why a Congresswoman from Georgia ( since defeated) was free to attack DC police and nothing done about it, well except for demands the police apologize? Explain why the "reverend' Sharpton is free to encourage riots and murder on totally fictious claims and nothing done about it? Explain why Jesse Jackson is free to extort money from any organization or Conglomerate he wants and divert funds to his mistress and nothing is done about it?

And those are the easy ones. The party that is historical corrupt would be the democratic party, not republican.

There has been massive R corruption over the last 6 years and NO oversite.

My Governor is a former R congressman who was elected about 6 months ago and he is about to go down for a number of corruption charges during his stay in congress.

There are several under investigation as we speak.

History will tell the story and you will probably deny you ever supported them in a few years.

The party that is historical corrupt would be the democratic party, not republican.

Do you remember a little thing called COINTELPRO?

-COINTELPRO distorted the public's view of radical groups in a way that helped to isolate them and to legitimize open political repression.

-It reinforced and exacerbated the weaknesses of these groups, making it very difficult for the inexperienced activists of the Sixties to learn from their mistakes and build solid, durable organizations.

-Its violent assaults and covert manipulation eventually helped to push some of the most committed and experienced groups to withdraw from grass-roots organizing and to substitute armed actions which isolated them and deprived the movement of much of its leadership.

-By operating covertly, the FBI and police were able to severely weaken domestic political opposition without shaking the conviction of most US people that they live in a democracy, with free speech and the rule of law.

http://www.monitor.net/monitor/9905a/jbcointelpro.html

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/cointel.htm

http://mediafilter.org/MFF/USDomCovOps1.html

http://thetalkingdrum.com/cointelpro.html

Nixon was a Republican, If I remember correctly.

Forum List

Back