Do "Fossil Fuels" actually come from Fossils?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
I see someone beat me to this, apparently you are the last one to board the bus

Hubert's Peak Oil thing was a political move.. and huge joke in the oil business. Matthew Simmons the "energy broker" brought it back a few years ago and made millions off the panic.

Sometimes old wells do produce again as oil seeps towards the empty bore hole. It happens but its not NEW oil.

One of our more belligerent posters claimed wells are not as deep in the Middle East.

The first oil well drilled underbalanced in Saudi Arabia was UBD Oil-1. The 6 1/8-in. reservoir lateral was drilled from 7,600 ft MD (7,055 ft TVD) to a total depth of 8,702 ft MD (7,081 ft TVD).
Underbalanced drilling of oil wells in Saudi Arabia: case history an…
www.drillingcontractor.org/underbalanced-drilling-of-oil-wells-in-saudi-arabia-case-history

If oil is a renewable resource as you say, link us to an article where an empty oil well suddenly replenished itself. I’ll wait.
/——-/ Spoken like a true libtard moonbat. Corn is a renewable resource for alcohol and food. But you have to plant a new crop every year. So an empty oil well won’t refill itself.

Hubert's Peak Oil thing was a political move.. and huge joke in the oil business. Matthew Simmons the "energy broker" brought it back a few years ago and made millions off the panic.

Sometimes old wells do produce again as oil seeps towards the empty bore hole. It happens but its not NEW oil.
proof? Proof in all the wells from across the entire world

Simple hydrocarbons are not oil or coal.
DudeOpinion.jpg

BTW, we cannot extract DNA from long dead insects fossilized in amber.

"The phenomenon of using DNA from old fossils preserved in amber already inspired Hollywood – in the film Jurassic Park, scientists reproduce the DNA of dinosaurs extracted from a fossil mosquito embedded in a piece of amber and thereby resurrect them.

In reality, however, the undertaking is much more difficult: all previous studies in which researchers took DNA samples from insects enclosed in tree resin were the results of modern environmental contamination and, in addition, were unreproducible, subsequently useless under the scientific method."

Researchers Extracted DNA From Resin-Embedded Insects - HeritageDaily - Archaeology News

Hint: The answer is No

No, the answer depends on the type of fuel you are talking about. Coal absolutely comes from fossilized plants.

You can crack some of the larger sized chunks open and see the ferns that were buried 200 million years ago.

Oil, and nat gas though, I think are abiotic.

Last edited:
If oil is a renewable resource as you say, link us to an article where an empty oil well suddenly replenished itself. I’ll wait.

Mexican Hat oil field recharges every 20 years or so. Santa Barbara should have run out well over two decades ago but is still producing.

Of course you don't care what the dictionary or science books or encyclopedia say.. That's why you're a Trumpie.

I don't know anything about the oil business on Saturn.
You don't know anything about very much at all bed wetter, much less the oil or any business, anywhere in the universe. There ain't even any point in attempting to educate a pathetic worm like you either. You're deliberately ignorant, to the extent you desire to even keep other misinformed and living in your false reality. I suppose you feel lonely or something, but rest assured there are at least 10 million complete jabbering window licking retards just like you stealing our oxygen all over the country.

You will still sit there and believe other jabbering retards that assert all methane comes from cow farts, and the only way to stop all life on earth from drowning in melted polar ice is to stop eating beef.Then you convince yourself you're well versed in science.

Imbecile.

Forum List

Back