Do "Fossil Fuels" actually come from Fossils?

Do "Fossil Fuels" actually come from Fossils?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Actually, unlike here where buried plant and animal matter was broken down over millions of years, on Titan, the methane in the atmosphere is broken down by unshielded UV light which eventually forms methyl radicals which then eventually form ethane, then after that, ethyl radicals are formed eventually creating the heavier hydrocarbons.

Titan is a chemical factory powered by the Sun naturally rich in basic organic compounds which formed life here, but in the deep freeze of Titan, just forms goo and sludge on the surface. But people are making the mistake of thinking that hydrocarbons COME from life when in fact they are a precursor of it!
Interesting hypothesis....But accurate in pointing out that "fossil fuels" don't actually arise from decayed organic matter, as know-nothing goofballs like sundra and Johnflaw believe.

Interesting hypothesis....But accurate in pointing out that "fossil fuels" don't actually arise from decayed organic matter, as know-nothing goofballs like sundra and Johnflaw believe.
Hey, Oddboob, crude oil is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons and organic matter. That is why Titan has methane but not crude oil.

Hey, Oddboob, crude oil is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons and organic matter. That is why Titan has methane but not crude oil.

Sorry, Johnboob, stick to something you know about. Crude oil occurs as a matter of time and pressure within an oxygenating atmosphere. There is no "organic matter" in the sense you mean as it has long since all been broken down into raw organic compounds.

Decayed is a poor choice of words since dead planktons not dinosaurs accumulated on the sea floors and were deeply buried during the Carboniferous Period under anoxic conditions eventually undergoing anaerobic breakdown chemically altering them to first form kerogens then through catagenesis from further heat and pressure these kerogens were forced into liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons including petrol oils and natural gas, whereas, buried terrestrial planets in swamp bogs and the like were first broken down into peats and finally hardened carbon rich coals and/or methane gas.

What people keep missing here between the Earth and Titan is that two entirely different processes and conditions lead to the same place as whether from organic life or frozen methane, there is more than one path in inducing organics to be broken back down into their native hydrogen and carbon compounds.

Sorry, Johnboob, stick to something you know about.
That would be NOTHING. Turds like him have no frontal lobe, so it's impossible for a vacuous piece of shit like him to "know" anything more than a parrot "knows". Bed wetters like that BELIEVE in shit, STUPID SHIT to be frank. They support DANGEROUSLY STUPID FUCKSTICKS like John Fucking Kerry that believe we need to eliminate CO2 from the atmosphere entirely, which would wipe out all life on earth, but here is proof of just how utterly stupid Left Syndrome Retards Like Kerry and his ilk are.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID FUCKSTICKS like John Fucking Kerry that believe we need to eliminate CO2 from the atmosphere entirely

I'll give Kerry the benefit of the doubt and just say maybe he was meaning EXCESSIVE CO2 out of the atmosphere, but still, fodder for sure considering how the Left latched onto Trump's purely impromptu passing suggestions to appease press questions that maybe someone might discover some disinfecting agent as a means of killing viruses in the body until a better vaccine was produced.

I'll give Kerry the benefit of the doubt and just say maybe he was meaning EXCESSIVE CO2 out of the atmosphere, but still, fodder for sure considering how the Left latched onto Trump's purely impromptu passing suggestions to appease press questions that maybe someone might discover some disinfecting agent as a means of killing viruses in the body until a better vaccine was produced.
You're a lot nicer than I am.

He mentioned us going to "net zero" emissions, which is utterly impossible to do, never mind the fact we exhale CO2, but then goes on too assert we need to remove CO2 that we don't produce. Now I am all for leftist parasites putting bags over their heads tonight and sealing it off with duct tape while they sleep because tomorrow the world will be a much cooler place to live, and it would double the collective intellect of mankind in general because bed wetting moonbats are a negative drain.

Except that "fossil fuels" aren't organic.

Organic Chemistry is the study of molecular structures containing Carbon in a covalent bond so ... fossil fuels are very much organic...

main-qimg-a1c81568316259c83448c8448e9c1449.png

Decayed is a poor choice of words since dead planktons not dinosaurs accumulated on the sea floors and were deeply buried during the Carboniferous Period under anoxic conditions eventually undergoing anaerobic breakdown chemically altering them to first form kerogens then through catagenesis from further heat and pressure these kerogens were forced into liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons including petrol oils and natural gas, whereas, buried terrestrial planets in swamp bogs and the like were first broken down into peats and finally hardened carbon rich coals and/or methane gas.

What people keep missing here between the Earth and Titan is that two entirely different processes and conditions lead to the same place as whether from organic life or frozen methane, there is more than one path in inducing organics to be broken back down into their native hydrogen and carbon compounds.

Coal is also considered fossil fuel.

Abiotic oil. Coal, may in fact come from biologic origins, but oil is a very different story.

I've always been a proponent of the abiotic oil theory myself.

Unless someone can go dig granny up and squeeze a pint of fuel from her, I'm gonna likely continue to be a poponent of the abiotic oil theory.

I've always been a proponent of the abiotic oil theory myself.

Unless someone can go dig granny up and squeeze a pint of fuel from her, I'm gonna likely continue to be a poponent of the abiotic oil theory.

Granny 600 million years ago?

If oil is a renewable resource as you say, link us to an article where an empty oil well suddenly replenished itself. I’ll wait.
Dummy....wells run dry but oils fields replenish themselves....so you just pack up and move the well or slant drill....sure beats your idea of clean energy which takes huge mines to be dug into the earth and small kids sent in to retrieve cobalt...unregulated mines run by China in the Congo....enjoy your clean energy electric car and thank all of the dead kids....

Forum List

Back