Do countries with high suicide rates have strict gun control...well...yes....

We don't need pools in the hands of private citizens...we can just have public pools...right? and we don't need individually owned cars....we can all use public transportion...right?

6-700 gun accidental deaths vs. 1.6 million times a year a gun is used to stop a violent criminal attack or save a life....violent crime is most preventable when the victim has a gun....that saves lives too.....

I would be delighted if public transport were improved
to such a point. I do not know whether private pools
or public pools have differing death stats

Perhaps we all should just sit around all day wearing bubble wrap.

Yes....I know....there is no causation here between implementing strict gun control laws and suicide.....however...it does show that guns aren't a factor in people committing suicide......this shows the suicide rates of countries around the world...the highest suicide rates..........note........countries with the strictest gun control...can also have higher suicide rates than the United States....South Korea, France, Canada......and a whole bunch of others....

World suicide rates by country

the stats should include deaths by gun accidents
No.... Because gun accidents are not suicide. The stats do not contain car accidents, drowning accidents, or slipping on banana peel accidents that result in death either because accidents are not suicide.

many "accidental deaths" are actually suicide. some are
murder --------"I was cleaning my husband's gun and it
accidentally fired"
I bought a supposed New In The Box Browning HP years ago.

It was supposed to have a magazine safety, whereby it would not fire without the magazine in the weapon.

Checking it out before loading, I found it had been deactivated.

I could have "accidentally" shot my ex, and gotten away with it.

I just took the gun back and got my money.

Damn good thing for her it didn't happen ten years later!!!

; - )

We don't need pools in the hands of private citizens...we can just have public pools...right? and we don't need individually owned cars....we can all use public transportion...right?

6-700 gun accidental deaths vs. 1.6 million times a year a gun is used to stop a violent criminal attack or save a life....violent crime is most preventable when the victim has a gun....that saves lives too.....

I would be delighted if public transport were improved
to such a point. I do not know whether private pools
or public pools have differing death stats

If they did...would you want to ban privately owned pools?

Yes....I know....there is no causation here between implementing strict gun control laws and suicide.....however...it does show that guns aren't a factor in people committing suicide......this shows the suicide rates of countries around the world...the highest suicide rates..........note........countries with the strictest gun control...can also have higher suicide rates than the United States....South Korea, France, Canada......and a whole bunch of others....

No.... Because gun accidents are not suicide. The stats do not contain car accidents, drowning accidents, or slipping on banana peel accidents that result in death either because accidents are not suicide.

accidentally fired"
And my wife and I were swimming. She drowned "accidentally". It was a shame that I could not save her. Good thing I have a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on her.
My wife, dumbass she was, fell out of a boat.

It was a "bass boat", with stick steering up front, and the passenger in the back.

I turned around, and saw her head bobbing about 400 yards back.

Often times have wondered why I turned around........!

; - )

Okay....here are some stats....don't blame me for accuracy....it was a fast look....

Swimming Injury Statistics - Swimming Pool Accidents

• Among children ages 1 to 4 years, most drownings occur in residential swimming pools.

• [*]More than half of drownings among infants (under age 1) occur in bathtubs, buckets or toilets.
  • Portable pools make up 11% of all pool drownings for children under age 5.
  • Nonfatal drownings can result in brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities including memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning.
  • Nineteen percent of child drowning fatalities take place in public pools with certified lifeguards on duty.

Should we ban bathtubs....and all just hose off.....

accidentally fired"
And my wife and I were swimming. She drowned "accidentally". It was a shame that I could not save her. Good thing I have a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on her.

It was a "bass boat", with stick steering up front, and the passenger in the back.

; - )

don't tell this "STORY" -----someone might believe you

accidentally fired"

; - )
Life insurance policy not "big" enough?

accidentally fired"

; - )

don't tell this "STORY" -----someone might believe you
I beleive him. He turned around and got her.

The Japanese off themselves for different reasons than we do. (obviously) It's more a "guilt trip" thing they wanna' lay on those they leave behind, sorta' like "Look how bad you treated me! Look at what you made me do!"

My ex- is Japanese and she gave me a call a few years ago all torn up about how her then boyfriend hung himself. She was all sobbing and wondering why he did it so I told her: "Because you're a giant pain in the ass who probably wouldn't listen to him. I never met him but I know exactly how he felt."

Forum List

Back