Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

Having been on the receiving end of Evangelical Christians‘ relentless attempts to get me to abandon my religion (Judaism), I have often heard them say they do it out of love to “share the Truth.” The attempt to convert usually escalates to dire warnings of the hell that awaits and how angry G-d is with Jews.

So is this really love? There are numerous religions in the world, with the majority of people not believing in Jesus, and one‘s religious beliefs are as much the truth to them as Christians beliefs are to Christians.

In this article, it explains how force-feeding one’s religious beliefs onto others, with the insistence that their way and only their way is the path to G-d, is both arrogant and disrespectful. I hope that those who have been aggressively proselytizing will give it some thought.

The pagan guy who wrote the article definitely didn't do so out of love. It was full of arrogance, the same as he accuses others of. He says the foundations of other more mainstream Christian religions, particularly 'conservative Catholicism' ( a redundancy to be sure) crumble apart. it doesn't. It withstands all storms.

Forum List

Back