Do Candidates need to sue to prove allegations are false in the public eye?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Dear RetiredGySgt
re: http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15670526/

People have SUED over false allegations and statements, in written or spoken media,
that constitute libel or slander. Why not over these level of slander also?

Over a lesser issue, Cruz even confronted Trump and threatened to take him to court and "depose him himself" to prove some false statement he claimed in public.
And that wasn't as serious as false accusation of pedophilia.

It seems people believe it may be well be false if someone is willing to SUE,
and it could be true if people settle out of court, then they must have been covering up.
or else they would fight it. with our skewed justice system, we can't tell anymore.

Sylvestor Turner in Houston sued over defamation and won, but it was after the damage was done.
It took him several years to run for Mayor again and win, after a media attack cost him a previous campaign.

I don't agree with this system of waiting for the legal system to correct things
while the damage is already being done.

I would argue we need a better system of "redressing grievances" at first sign of complaint or "alleged"
report of abuse. Similar to the OSHA grievance process of taking the OSHA code and issuing a complaint
or citation, checking off WHICH statute or standard was violated on which date by which incident,
and then moving into a prescribed process for correcting and eliminating that fault, or pay back penalties
if restitution is owed.

Why not have a conflict resolution grievance process for
* corporations to field and resolve complaints
* citizens and govt
* media and parties to field public complaints and corrections

The policies I would encourage all citizens, corporations, officers inside and outside govt
military or police service, to learn and set up means of enforcing and correcting together
are collected here: ethics-commission.net
Why not teach basic skills and principles in Constitutional standards and govt ethics,
conflict resolution, consensus building, and settlement and policy writing so all people can
access this level of assistance and get involved, wherever abuses or problems merit correction or reform.

Maybe it is time to let them have their day in court. I for one would like to see the media held accountable.I for one believe strongly in freedom of the press and speech, however this constant stream of bull shit needs to end.

Forum List

Back