Do Atheists Have a Moral Code?

No.
If they had an objective moral code, it would be written and published widely.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.
We have our individual moral code. And I knew a nun who thought lying was acceptable in the right situation

No.
If they had an objective moral code, it would be written and published widely.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.
Lol so, if theist think lying is immoral, why do they do it anyway?

While I am not an Athiest, I don’t believe anyone in Earth has the right to judge or decide what anyone else should believe in. Not believing in a God does not make you a bad person. I know more Athiests who are down to Earth, not judgmental and kind to others than so called Christians.

That's BS. If it's lack of faith, then it's just opinion and you wouldn't care so much to post hundreds to thousands of posts to contradict our faith in the Trinity, the Bible, and creation science. You have faith in atheism which is also a religion, but it comes with a price and that is being separated from God forever, ending up in the Lake of Fire and more pain and agony.

Comes down to this
You have a theory that there is a magical creature that created everything and watches everything we do

I think that theory is nonsense

It is not a matter of faith on my part, but you have to come up with a better theory

The wrongheaded notion that theists attempt to propagate is that concepts of morality, moral behavior, and understanding the difference between right and wrong come from ‘god’ – which is nonsense given the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

And given the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists, the fact that religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, so too is it a fact that man created concepts of morality, moral behavior, and understanding the difference between right and wrong independent of religious dogma – that those man-created moral codes are incorporated into religious dogma makes no difference.

Consequently, those free from religion follow the same moral codes as theists.

You're not "free from religion". Your religion in fact is fundamentalist, as I stated in my previous post. All of the judgmentalism you blame evangelicals for, but none of the grace or absolution.

Comes down to this
You have a theory that there is a magical creature that created everything and watches everything we do
That's not the theory. The theory is that there is a Being of greater intelligence and power than a human. Nothing to do with magic.

That's not the theory. The theory is that there is a Being of greater intelligence and power than a human. Nothing to do with magic.
No, the theory is that this magical creature created everything and watches everything that 7 billion people do

If atheists had a moral code, why should they abide by it, if there is no God to disturb their tender consciences or hold them accountable?
Because we do things because it is the right thing to do, not because we fear a vengeful GOD

EXACTLY false.

Altruism, treating others with kindness and respect, obeying the law is not the sole property of religion and clearly not Christianity. Accept and take responsibility for what religion has inflicted on humanity. It's you wonderful religious types who have been the conquerors, Crusaders, converters of the heathen while mass murdering them by the millions. The atrocities of the Bible are only a part of the horrors wrought by holocausts, pogroms, wars and genocides that the teachings/behaviors religious “prophets” have inspired.

Yet again this morning, the vast majority of people were not killing one another, or robbing one another -- at least not the non-believers. Most people were overriding the "baser instincts" in the overall altruism that if we don't cooperate, we all suffer.

Because we do things because it is the right thing to do, not because we fear a vengeful GOD
There are plenty of people who do what outwardly is made to appear "the right thing to do" but inwardly is intended only to cause as much harm and damage to innocent victims as possible.

Forum List

Back