We do the right thing because doing the right thing makes you feel better

The religious act out of a fear of heaven/hell
God will get you

Atheists act on their own self values

God will get you

You have a long habit of proclaiming ignorant things

Not much anyone can do about that. Hard to tell the ignorant they're being ignorant

You have a long habit of proclaiming ignorant things

Not much anyone can do about that. Hard to tell the ignorant they're being ignorant
You are STOOPID

Best way to describe an anti-vaxer
Either that or just plain evil

As I said. You live the way you live because God put it there. Otherwise, you would live like an animal. Sheer instinct, no higher functioning at all.

I disagree. One of the things humans do well is pass on information to their young. Had I been born in the wild and raised by animals, I would live like an animal.

But I was raised by my parents, and taught to think and taught right from wrong. If you look at the major religions, most have the same basic tenets. Being able to empathize with other people and doing the right thing is not an inherently religious concept.

No.
If they had an objective moral code, it would be written and published widely.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.

People either have morals or they don't. And believing in FAIRY TALES or GRIM stories of the Bible does not make one moral...just often hypocrites. Lying to not hurt one's feelings is quit moral---why unnecessarily hurt someone's feelings? Christians lie all the time, including to themselves.

Atheists act on their own self values

God will get you
You have to give Satan a lot of street cred. It's not God who gets you and the atheists, but He's blamed regardless. Nobody says "Satan damn!".

The religious act out of self values and the ten commandments, not fear. The atheists act on faith in delusions. They're so busy talking about no God/gods that they forgot about what Satan has done to them..

No.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.
That's why atheist don't trust theists. Both lie all the time.

I disagree. One of the things humans do well is pass on information to their young. Had I been born in the wild and raised by animals, I would live like an animal.

But I was raised by my parents, and taught to think and taught right from wrong. If you look at the major religions, most have the same basic tenets. Being able to empathize with other people and doing the right thing is not an inherently religious concept.

Right. Empathy is "written on the heart". Children that have been "raised by wolves" adopted those behaviors as a survival mechanism. Wolf-like behavior is not human because wolves are not made in the Image of God.

No.
Why would I care if theists don't trust me?

Why do you presume to be the Emir of all that theists think / believe?

No.
--you just made a major fk up:
1. the believers priests [ OF ALL PEOPLE ] rape children!!!!!!!! all over the US
a. then the Church Hierarchy tried to cover it up!!!!!!!!
2.Inquisition !!!--murder and torture by the believers of god
3. the believers PUNISHED people for believing the Earth is not the center of the Universe
4. the believers sacked a CHRISTIAN city for ------------------------------------$$$$$
5.the believers/leaders commit adultery/rape/etc etc
Swaggert !!!!! Bakker..the list is ENDLESS
etc etc

People either have morals or they don't. And believing in FAIRY TALES or GRIM stories of the Bible does not make one moral...just often hypocrites. Lying to not hurt one's feelings is quit moral---why unnecessarily hurt someone's feelings? Christians lie all the time, including to themselves.

Some of the stories are grim indeed. People are often surprised by that--not sure why. The Bible is very much a story of our humanity. And why Christ came to save us. That's really the entire story, first word to last.

No.

Explain who is this "you" whom you are addressing.

Some theists lie like rugs. Look at the trump "big lie" crowd, and the name-calling against those who disagree with them, who all of a sudden become "communists," "marxists," "baby-killers," "satanists," etc., which are lies about other people. Theists and non-theists alike don't trust the theists who do these things.

I don't think that there ever has been a poll taken as to whether or not each of us believes in a supreme being, and one can't tell just by looking at someone what their beliefs are.

Have those who do not believe that a supreme being exists organized into a group that would write and publish "an objective moral code" or anything else?

Atheism gives you the freedom to do anything to anyone.

The only thing that's holding an atheist back is the law.

New Topics

Forum List

Back