Do Atheists Have a Moral Code?

Viktor
Lying is not always wrong and sometimes it is justified to save someone the pain and agony of what has happened or will happen.

It depends on the lie when it could be wrong or not.

Take a child and at times we must lie to them or when a woman ask if she look fat in those tight jeans and you don’t have a Twix bar to shove in your mouth…

So lying can be justified in some cases but not all…

Viktor
Lying is not always wrong and sometimes it is justified to save someone the pain and agony of what has happened or will happen.

It depends on the lie when it could be wrong or not.

Take a child and at times we must lie to them or when a woman ask if she look fat in those tight jeans and you don’t have a Twix bar to shove in your mouth…

So lying can be justified in some cases but not all…
NEVER.

Textbook malignant narcissism.

No, fact. A cold, pitiless universe--Richard Dawkins--without God. Mostly because it is every man for himself. That's instinct. The morality of that universe is cling to this rock as long as you possibly can and survival of the fittest.

Rather what we see with Covid. Old people who are vaccinated still insisting that 6 yo wear masks for a year and a half to "keep them safe".

Right.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
No, fact. A cold, pitiless universe--Richard Dawkins--without God. Mostly because it is every man for himself. That's instinct. The morality of that universe is cling to this rock as long as you possibly can and survival of the fittest.

You're describing Trump.

Really, and you never lied to a child, your mother or even God?

If not then can you put your finger in my water and give me some wine?

A lie can be justified at times…

Yeah that's really stupid.

Even in the Bible, the Ten Commandments say "bear false witness against thy neighbor"

IOW, a lie meant to HARM. Sometimes, that little white lie is meant to avoid harm. It's not great, not meant as a life habit. Truth is better. But sometimes a little white lie is less damaging. Or in my case "Do you have any Jews in there" example a big fat bold lie, "I do not"

Yeah that's really stupid.

Even in the Bible, the Ten Commandments say "bear false witness against thy neighbor"

IOW, a lie meant to HARM. Sometimes, that little white lie is meant to avoid harm. It's not great, not meant as a life habit. Truth is better. But sometimes a little white lie is less damaging. Or in my case "Do you have any Jews in there" example a big fat bold lie, "I do not"

Well then you just justified lying to stop a possible death, so in my opinion your lie is justifiable…

Not everything is black and white in life and most of life is grey…

Two things are for certain and that is you will pay taxes and you will die and let me add a third one and you will lie and the gravity of the lie is what matters…

Well then you just justified lying to stop a possible death, so in my opinion your lie is justifiable…

Not everything is black and white in life and most of life is grey…

Two things are for certain and that is you will pay taxes and you will die and let me add a third one and you will lie and the gravity of the lie is what matters…

Sometimes when I try a new recipe the answer I get is, "It's not bad". I know my husband is LYING and he means "I don't like it" or even "It's terrible", but I appreciate the white lie. Also I know what it means so I strike that recipe....heh

I think that's a good white lie as it makes for a happy marriage :)

An Atheists moral code is based on doing the right thing
The Religious only do the right thing because they fear the wrath of God

No.
If they had an objective moral code, it would be written and published widely.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.
I would guess "fake science" by atheist scientists. It is written and published widely.

They believe the Earth formed by space rocks, dust, and gravity over a long time. Of course, no one has ever witnessed this science.

ETA: I just realized the atheist scientists stole natural selection from creation scientists. It's the only thing that doesn't take billions of years to occur.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back