Do Atheists Have a Moral Code?

No.
If they had an objective moral code, it would be written and published widely.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.

This is silly.

Atheists are people who believe there is no God.

There's nothing here about a moral code. Different atheists will be different.

Many people who believe in God also don't have a "Moral code", or their "moral code" is not to your liking.

No.
I saw a poll on Quora. The question was:"Is lying moral". Out of eight atheists who answered, 7 said lying was moral sometimes. That's why theists don't trust you.
Anyone can have a moral code.

I can only speak for myself, but yes I do have a moral code. I do everything I can to avoid hurting another person.

As for the lying, there are times when that is the best thing to do. Why would you tell a 2 or 3 year old that there was no Santa?

Whether theists trust me or not is not an issue for me. That is for them. Whether I trust someone or not is not based on theist or atheist.

Oh, and my moral code does not require the threat of eternal damnation. I live the way I live because it is the right way to live.

I can only speak for myself, but yes I do have a moral code. I do everything I can to avoid hurting another person.

As for the lying, there are times when that is the best thing to do. Why would you tell a 2 or 3 year old that there was no Santa?

Whether theists trust me or not is not an issue for me. That is for them. Whether I trust someone or not is not based on theist or atheist.

Oh, and my moral code does not require the threat of eternal damnation. I live the way I live because it is the right way to live.

Great post. Of course Atheists have morals.. They object to lying, cheating, slander, theft, adultery etc.

No.
Isnt lying ok sometimes? How many Christians here believed in Santa when they were young? How many Christian parents here tell their kids about Santa?

No.

Yes, most people do, atheists included. It is "written on their hearts". Romans 2:14.

People who do not recognize morality or cannot respond to it are pathological for whatever reason. They are very rare, thank God.

As I said. You live the way you live because God put it there. Otherwise, you would live like an animal. Sheer instinct, no higher functioning at all.

Forum List

Back