Do any climate deniers

upload_2020-1-23_22-30-40.png

The green and blue lines with the dots near the bottom show the actual observations. The black line wih the dots show the climate model average.

I think more interesting than today's population is what it was just 100 years ago ... roughly 2 billion ...
When "Population Bomb" was published ... roughly 4 billion ...
Today ... roughly 8 billion ...

Always dangerous extrapolating ... will the world population be 32 billion by 2120? ... think about that for a few days ... climate is the least of our worries ...

Modelling!
I live in Sydney, Australia. Every morning I look at the weather forecast on the Sydney Morning Herald website. They predict the coming week and do long-range forecasts up to a month. They predict not only the temperature, but if it will rain or not. They are on the money every time with a degree or two. And it rains every day they say it is, even four weeks out from the event. How? Modelling the weather patterns.

Horsefeathers ... let's see your data ...

The National Hurricane Center here in the United States publishes an exhaustive analysis of their previous season's forecasts every year ... but only out 120 hours ... 5 days ... and those are bad enough, there's no point forecasting for any longer period ... "Official five-year mean errors and distributions" ... and here's some information about these models themselves ... "NHC Track and Intensity Models" ... using the terminology on that page, climate models are statistical rather than dynamic ...

Your claim of accuracy for rain predictions at 672 hours is ridiculous ... are you flipping a coin, you'd be right 50% of the time ...

I think the rest of your OP was addressed quite well in FlaCalTenn's post #62 ...

I'd like for you to do this experiment ... open a new spreadsheet document ... first column is the next month's dates ... 2nd blank for now ... 3rd the forecast high temperatures for the next seven days ... tomorrow, put the actual high temp in the 2nd column ... that forecast in the 4th column ... do you see what I want for the entire month? ... if you do this, and post your data here, I'd be happy to work through the math with you and we can get a firm idea of how accurate these temperature forecasts really are ...

For extra credit, try my patented coin flipping method for rain prediction ... heads = measurable rain, tails = no rain at all ... I'll wager the \e\ in my username against the \u\ in yours that my seven day rain forecasts are as good as your local weather office's ...

I'm just wondering if climate change deniers know the population of the world. That is all I am asking at the moment. There is a point, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they know. BTW, this is not a trick question or anything like that.
Tipping Point!!!

Do you deny the power of the CO2 molecule to cause either floods or fires?

It's all a question of chemistry

OCO causes floods

OCO causes fires

You'll note that much like political parties in the 40s or 60s or 70s, the O's switched places.

When "Population Bomb" was published

When "The Population Bomb" was published in 1968 by Paul Ehrlich, it predicted hundreds of millions starving to death before 1980, nuclear war and global famine before 2000.

He wrote, in 1968, ""The battle to feed all of humanity is over."

Does this kind of doomsday nonsense sound familiar?

image.jpg

I'm just wondering if climate change deniers know the population of the world. That is all I am asking at the moment. There is a point, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they know. BTW, this is not a trick question or anything like that.

A person can only come up with a trick that they believe is good enough to fool themselves...if that is the best you can do...you are apparently very easily fooled.

When "The Population Bomb" was published in 1968 by Paul Ehrlich, it predicted hundreds of millions starving to death before 1980, nuclear war and global famine before 2000.

Always dangerous extrapolating ... the population dynamic Ehrlich used is easily demonstrated ... we do see exponential growth until the food runs out ... there's even software models we can download on to our computers, we had one call Prokaryote ... SimLife was another one with more bells and whistles ...

National Geographic published an article maybe twenty years ago about this ... Ehrlich didn't take into account that fossil fuel intensive affluence crashes fertility rates ... Western Europe and Anglo-America are down around 1.7 children per healthy woman, 2.1 is considered replacement ... nor did Ehrlich know China would implement a "one child only" policy and reduce their current fertility rate to 1.6 per healthy woman ... anyway, NatGeo predicted we top out at 15 billion by 2100 ...

For the first 199,900 years of human existence ... we relied on our children to provide for us when we got too old to provide for ourselves ... more children meant better retirement ... in the past 100 years we've seen an expansion of pension plans so that we don't need to breed as much ... and still be provided for in our dotage ... where we see high fertility rates is also where we see unstable governments and no guarantied pensions ... correlation ≠ causation, but there is a certain logic to the conclusion ...

When "Population Bomb" was published

image.jpg

She belongs in films.

Well suited to:

Ingmar Bergman, Swedish film writer and director whose fragmented narrative style contributed to his bleak depiction of loneliness and torment.

Not to mention that the CURRENT ALTERNATIVES to fossil fuel (excepting nuclear) are fraudulent "hope and dreams"..

Totally untrue. We have plenty of solar and wind power being utilised in Australia and it's doing fine.

EVERY WATT of solar or wind needs a complete secondary backup... Because solar is good for 8 hours a day and the grid load at 10PM is about 80% of the daytime peak in urban areas.. And WIND is so totally unschedulably flaky that it takes DAYS OFF at a time.. So behind all that "investment" is MATCHING investments for nat gas or other RELIABLE generators...

Have you ever SEEN a daily production chart for wind farm?? They produce 50% of their yearly output on just about 70 days a year... Like I said -- hope and dreams. Not engineering.. And how much HAVE is nothing like how much it actually generates or uses...

If that's part of the COST -- it's a complete waste of money.. The GODFATHER of GW, James Hansen signed a statement with 20 other leading GW enviro advocates and stated (to the effect of )

"If you believe that wind and solar are sufficient to tackle GW -- you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter bunny"... Hope and dreams man....

We have a tonne of sun and wind in Australia and batteries to store the power. I don't believe they are the only solution BTW.
One thing I do find annoying, is that coal - especially in western countries - burns a lot cleaner these days, but I'm surprised they haven't got a top-notch filter system so the shit doesn't go into the air.

Well tthere ya go.. If you can burn GARBAGE cleanly -- why not coal?? And yet the reliable backbone power that accompanies wind and solar in most countries that have bled money to buy too much of that crap is "Biomass Conversion" in one form or another.. They use bait and switch.. They tell the greenies they are ONLY gonna burn "renewable" material, but quickly run out of saw dust and start burning garbage instead...

But hey man -- to a greenie it's all miraculously green...

And no --- in NO WAY and no time soon will Australia or ANY OTHER country have enough BATTERIES to store even 8 or 10 hours of wind or solar... And if you DID --- it would be an extraordinary environmental nightmare of it's own.....

Wind and solar are SUPPLEMENTS, not "alternatives" to anything....

Not to mention that the CURRENT ALTERNATIVES to fossil fuel (excepting nuclear) are fraudulent "hope and dreams"..

Totally untrue. We have plenty of solar and wind power being utilised in Australia and it's doing fine.

EVERY WATT of solar or wind needs a complete secondary backup... Because solar is good for 8 hours a day and the grid load at 10PM is about 80% of the daytime peak in urban areas.. And WIND is so totally unschedulably flaky that it takes DAYS OFF at a time.. So behind all that "investment" is MATCHING investments for nat gas or other RELIABLE generators...

Have you ever SEEN a daily production chart for wind farm?? They produce 50% of their yearly output on just about 70 days a year... Like I said -- hope and dreams. Not engineering.. And how much HAVE is nothing like how much it actually generates or uses...

If that's part of the COST -- it's a complete waste of money.. The GODFATHER of GW, James Hansen signed a statement with 20 other leading GW enviro advocates and stated (to the effect of )

"If you believe that wind and solar are sufficient to tackle GW -- you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter bunny"... Hope and dreams man....

We have a tonne of sun and wind in Australia and batteries to store the power. I don't believe they are the only solution BTW.
One thing I do find annoying, is that coal - especially in western countries - burns a lot cleaner these days, but I'm surprised they haven't got a top-notch filter system so the shit doesn't go into the air.

The reason the US cant clean up its coal plants with advanced stack filtering is that the EPA permits for maintenance DICTATE that if an old plant get modified in ANY WAY -- it must comply with CO2 emissions as WELL AS actual pollution...

We COULD clean up the pollution. Of course we COULD.. But the govt has put a KILL SWITCH into the efforts to stop ACTUAL pollution because of the GW/CC circus....

Have fun, guys. Make the most of it. Spend all your pension pot. :113:

View attachment 302255

Sounds like the countdown to a meltdown of SOME kind... LOL...

The entire media and world leadership have misinformed and abused that child.. As well as her parents.. All for a cause they THINK they can win on emotional appeals and faith and tossing children like hand grenades at the public..

It DOES qualify as a circus now... Because the whole science has CHANGED greatly since a few scientists "played on people's fears" back in the 80s and 90s....

How familiar are you with John Charles Fremont? ...
Not much. I know he ran for President and he was an explorer.

Read his biography ... I assume you're well studied in the political history of Lincoln's time ... perhaps after you study John Charles Fremont's life and politics, you just might change your mind about Lincoln ...
There is no justification for his abuse of power. He shit on the entire bill of rights

Forum List

Back