Do Americans need weapons?

You’re attempting to conflate two issues one having nothing to do with the other: gun crime and violence with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

The solution to gun crime and violence is not to amend the Constitution to allow for more regulation, or to subject the Amendment to further judicial interpretation allowing for more regulation.

Bans and restriction have a long history of not working – Prohibition was a unmitigated failure, banning abortion will do nothing to end the practice, and the ‘war’ on drugs has only made the problem worse, facilitating drug crime and violence.
Maybe just maybe we should enforce the gun laws we already have.

As any sane person knows, gun incidents and self defence by gun are both tiny tiny percentages but gun nuts make out they happen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year. It's their little fallacy to justify the gun chaos, where their only reason for the chaos is, "We like guns".

Now, I've been over it a thousands times about sensible gun regs and enforcement, now I'm just waiting for the bumbling fools to come rushing in saying I support banning guns. I don't think they're a bright crowd.
Once again people who own guns legally aren't the problem and never have been.

People with concealed carry permits are arguably the most law abiding people in the US even more so than police officers.

And you have yet to back up your claim on defensive gun use or to be honest about what a DGU actually is.

FACT

A person does not have to fire a gun in a DGU.

When you parse all the data even on the low end of the range far more people use guns in self defense than use guns to commit murders

Forum List

Back